Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rules] Clarification required - page 2. (Read 523 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
March 04, 2020, 04:51:44 PM
Conversations are repeated every day and this is normal. Sending a PM is not unlike having a conversation with a friend in your house. Either party is able to repeat what us said as they wish and either party has the right to do so.  

What about cutting out vital context and then pretending you never received it?  You seem to trust people who do that.

I'm questioning kzv's judgement here.  Tag Lauda for posting everything with no malicious intent, but don't tag someone who cherry picked words to attack someone maliciously?   Huh
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
March 04, 2020, 04:39:50 PM
Salty is wrong and FH is an idiot.

The mods/administration will not leak/disclose information about PMs to third parties without the consent of either the sender or receiver of the message. This is different from the sender or receiver deciding to disclose the contents of a message themselves.

Conversations are repeated every day and this is normal. Sending a PM is not unlike having a conversation with a friend in your house. Either party is able to repeat what us said as they wish and either party has the right to do so. 

It appears that a lot of people have trouble telling the difference between the words personal and private.
Actually I may be wrong looking at past events.

Looking back actually it seems yes they should be kept private.
Huh.

I was saying that people see the word “personal” and for some reason think it says “private”

Here is a crazy idea as to how to avoid having PMs that make you look badly published.

Don’t say anything that would reflect poorly on you.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
March 04, 2020, 04:26:20 PM
It appears that a lot of people have trouble telling the difference between the words personal and private.

Huh.

Anyway, I don't think anyone has a reasonable expectation that their PMs are going to be kept private.  Some members think they're private conversations while others definitely don't--and I've posted quotes from PMs before myself, but in my case it all depends on how "private" I thought the PM was in the first place.  And if someone asked me not to repeat what was sent to me, I certainly wouldn't, but I don't think that's happened yet.

And if the community frowns on that practice, I would respect that.  I'm not sure there's been any consensus on the matter, despite a few opinions being expressed here and there.
Activity: 42
Merit: 15
March 04, 2020, 03:57:22 PM

Many advocated red trust was given to bill gator for publishing LFC bitcoin admission that lauda bullies him to exclude bill gator from default trust.

I think many including lauda said this publishing of PM is a red tag offence.

Many members say this is a red tag offence. So unless it is to prove someone scammed it is not allowed.

Saltyspittoon admin for 6 years say it is not allowed

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51187764

Flyinghellfish mod says not allowed
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51187882

lauda says they would never leak any PM

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51188874

kzv
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1285
OpenTrade - Open Source Cryptocurrency Exchange
March 04, 2020, 03:27:16 PM
I have a question for the administration

Should personal messages (on this forum) be treated as private by default?

I am really confused in this terms. Because english is not my native language. In my native language (in Russian) words "personal" and "private" are synonyms

https://kartaslov.ru/%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D0%BA-%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%83/%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9

Cинoнимы - synonym
пpивaтный - private
пepcoнaльный - personal

Pages:
Jump to: