Pages:
Author

Topic: Rumor: A massive whale will switch legacy coins for BIP148 coins after august1st - page 2. (Read 1353 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Looks like some "Bruce Wagner" tier whale is getting pretty pissed at his billions going up and down everytime Jihan Wu and co tweet

Interesting. "Salty" whale we've got here, huh? Cheesy

so they may go all in on UASF to force them to mine the BIP148 segwit-enabled chain or else risk total bankruptcy by staying on the legacy, slow ASICBOOSted chain.

Force them with what exactly, missiles pointed at their mining facilities? And who exactly risks total bankruptcy?

We already saw BUcoin futures getting dumped in the market

This had nothing to do with Bitcoin and as far as I could gather it was simply an attempt from an exchange to have some profit.

You don't seem to know how UASF works. If Bitmain is still stubborn about not supporting UASF and they keep mining legacy chain, if UASF takes over then they will be mining an useless chain that gets wipped.

So it's on their interest to support UASF if starts gaining more and more traction.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
Looks like some "Bruce Wagner" tier whale is getting pretty pissed at his billions going up and down everytime Jihan Wu and co tweet, so they may go all in on UASF to force them to mine the BIP148 segwit-enabled chain or else risk total bankruptcy by staying on the legacy, slow ASICBOOSted chain.

Those that are thinking about dumping BIP148 coins for legacy coins... twink twice. The risk of reorg is there forever.

this sounds more like false information to me than a rumor!
and if you think a dumb tweet alone can cause any changes without the whale "you" are describing wanting and initiating it then you know nothing about how bitcoin market works Wink

I agree. Op doesn't have proof that this is anywhere near the truth. If he could even show an article or statement of the whales planning to do this, then it could have a semblance of truth. No one should really blurting out something without even backing it up.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Looks like some "Bruce Wagner" tier whale is getting pretty pissed at his billions going up and down everytime Jihan Wu and co tweet

Interesting. "Salty" whale we've got here, huh? Cheesy

so they may go all in on UASF to force them to mine the BIP148 segwit-enabled chain or else risk total bankruptcy by staying on the legacy, slow ASICBOOSted chain.

Force them with what exactly, missiles pointed at their mining facilities? And who exactly risks total bankruptcy?

We already saw BUcoin futures getting dumped in the market

This had nothing to do with Bitcoin and as far as I could gather it was simply an attempt from an exchange to have some profit.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
Looks like some "Bruce Wagner" tier whale is getting pretty pissed at his billions going up and down everytime Jihan Wu and co tweet, so they may go all in on UASF to force them to mine the BIP148 segwit-enabled chain or else risk total bankruptcy by staying on the legacy, slow ASICBOOSted chain.

Those that are thinking about dumping BIP148 coins for legacy coins... twink twice. The risk of reorg is there forever.

this sounds more like false information to me than a rumor!
and if you think a dumb tweet alone can cause any changes without the whale "you" are describing wanting and initiating it then you know nothing about how bitcoin market works Wink
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250
All UASF is is ultimately a free-market approach to an upgrade, so if the market decides that they value BIP148 coins higher than legacy and whales dump legacy for BIP148, then janitors (miners) will have to follow the market and find bankruptcy. Same goes for all exchanges and wallets that do not support BIP148 coins (since users will sue them to death for loses). If whales do indeed dump for BIP148, then it's game over for those not mining BIP148 chain.

We already saw BUcoin futures getting dumped in the market, but BUcoin was DOA since technologically it's nonsense, this is different, since BIP148 is the same but with segwit and no ASICBOOST scam (aka better). There are no real reasons to not support BIP148 other than the fear of other people not supporting it.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

PS: This is just a rumor some guy may be spreading around on slack and so on, I know as much about it as you do.
Pages:
Jump to: