Pages:
Author

Topic: Rumors that US SEC would like to ban crypto staking - page 4. (Read 356 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 0
Well, at least I can agree with them about this. I think most people don't realize how this stacking actually works and how risky it is. I think it's kinda suspicious when you can earn 20% by just stacking, or even more.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
I agree with US SEC to ban crypto staking because it's a complete scam because it work similar like banking interest account, we're stake our token in untrusted centralized pool and it either get hacked or the pool's owner stole everyone tokens.
Im not saying Im agreed. But not all staking pools were scam. Maybe I am bias since I had a lot of staking tokens that has been resting on a non custodial approach. Yes it may fall off due to dividend similarities however, its a necessary for some nodes to have stake to run the ecosystem. If they were to ban this, most centralized exchange offerinf this might suffer. Though Id really think this is just a big fud over a part of cryptocurrency utility called staking.
Activity: 966
Merit: 755
I agree with US SEC to ban crypto staking because it's a complete scam because it work similar like banking interest account, we're stake our token in untrusted centralized pool and it either get hacked or the pool's owner stole everyone tokens. But at the same time, bank should get banned too since they're offer tiny interest that will not able to beat inflation rate. So it's like a double standard, but SEC isn't entirely wrong here.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
Ive just saw this tweet from Brian of Coinbase and its a big fud or a terrible rumor for altcoins. SEC wanted to crucify crypto staking in the US does considering the staking method as security. Of course this is debatable but some investor would feel bad for this news if ever they push through with this path. What can you say about this?

Source:
https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/1623459203150131201?t=Tga5cATKNVjhBk7rMgCJyw&s=19
Pages:
Jump to: