Pages:
Author

Topic: Runaway CPU usage for 64bit BitCoin (Linux Client) - page 2. (Read 14883 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 104
I wondered about that, but I've never noticed any issues on a dual-core 64bit system.
Activity: 210
Merit: 104
I never noticed responsiveness issues. Perhaps I should nice Bitcoin until the fix.
Activity: 132
Merit: 101
There has been a problem in settings the "nice" level on Linux.
A programmer who wasn't familiar with Unix/Linux used the highest priority (-20) instead of the lowest priority (20)!

So, we have a bug.
Activity: 308
Merit: 256
I did a forum search, didn't see this mentioned by anyone yet.

I have 5 Bit Coin clients, some running Windows Bit Coin, others running Linux Bit Coin.

I only have one 64 bit Linux system, but when I run Bit Coin, after about 10 minutes, the CPU usage runs away and brings the system to a stall unless I kill the Bit Coin application.

Now I have 2 other computers running a 32 bit Linux Bit Coin client and they work just fine, no runaway CPU.

I've tried running the 32 bit Bit Coin on the 64 bit Linux system, but the same thing still happens. My 64 bit Linux system has a dual-core processor, and even when I choose the "use only 1 processor" option, after a while Bit Coin ends up using both CPU to the 100% max that it can.

Is this a bug that only affects 64 bit Linux users at the moment?

Using the latest version 0.3.0 from the front page of the website.

System OS: Linux Mandriva 2010.0 (64 bit)
RAM 16GB
Processor - Intel Dual-Core 3.06 CPU

Feedback or advice welcome.  Grin

Edit by Xunie: I merged this thread with the other "Bitcoin slowing down your Linux system?" thread, so things my be confusing for a second, heh.
Pages:
Jump to: