Pages:
Author

Topic: Russian, adopt a "wait-and -see approach" on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. - page 2. (Read 914 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
rusia really ned to make their head right, they first allowed bitcoin, then they banned it because of CP and because they feared for their currency that is also used more than bitcoin from terrorist

terrorism was also another excuse to not accept the cryptocurrency, then they removed again this and now they are talking that they will remain in standby

i think they just want to earn money on it and they are waiting for the value to increase before accepting it

I have been thinking the same thing, it's very weird obviously. I have a speculation like this: first scheme they ban bitcoin say it's used as criminal currency and any illegal activity, ect to decrease the price. Then second scheme they buy some bitcoin to earn profit.
Or they just in research to see how people panic to market based on fundamental

It is only weird to those who either don't know how matters stand in reality or don't understand the gory details behind the moves of the Russian government in respect to Bitcoin. First of all, Bitcoin has never been banned in Russia, without understanding this any further discussion makes no sense altogether. There were a lot of threats from government officials and allegedly some drafts having been elaborated on which would have banned Bitcoin and criminalized its use, but basically nothing had come out of it. This agenda was mainly pushed by the Ministry of Finance and their primary aim was not to involve the Tax Service of Russia (which is part of the former) with taxing Bitcoin since that would be a hell of a job. Further, after mostly the same officials started to talk about treating Bitcoin as a foreign currency, the Tax Service itself issued a letter in which it clearly stated that Bitcoin is not their business altogether...

If you look at the issue this way, it will be perfectly clear why the Russian government acts in this manner exactly

they made it illegal at some point i remember it clearly because it was promoting trrorism they said and CP...those were putin words, it's not so different than banning it, now they are simply undecied again
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
And I have heard that Russian government plan to make a law to all bitcoin users pay tax from their earnings to the government, the same way like businessmen pays taxes from their profit or working people pay tax from their salary

The Tax Service of Russia has already spiked this rumor itself

It makes no sense to impose a tax which nobody is going to pay and there are no means to make people pay it either (everyone should always remember what Napoleon had once said). Some years ago there was a progressive income tax in Russia, and everyone was evading to pay it in full. After the government had set the flat income tax rate at 13%, the income tax revenue increased 8 (!) times. In fact, the government is interested in keeping the status quo toward Bitcoin, i.e. not legally regulate it as long as possible
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
And I have heard that Russian government plan to make a law to all bitcoin users pay tax from their earnings to the government, the same way like businessmen pays taxes from their profit or working people pay tax from their salary.
legendary
rusia really ned to make their head right, they first allowed bitcoin, then they banned it because of CP and because they feared for their currency that is also used more than bitcoin from terrorist

terrorism was also another excuse to not accept the cryptocurrency, then they removed again this and now they are talking that they will remain in standby

i think they just want to earn money on it and they are waiting for the value to increase before accepting it

I have been thinking the same thing, it's very weird obviously. I have a speculation like this: first scheme they ban bitcoin say it's used as criminal currency and any illegal activity, ect to decrease the price. Then second scheme they buy some bitcoin to earn profit.
Or they just in research to see how people panic to market based on fundamental

It is only weird to those who either don't know how matters stand in reality or don't understand the gory details behind the moves of the Russian government in respect to Bitcoin. First of all, Bitcoin has never been banned in Russia, without understanding this any further discussion makes no sense altogether. There were a lot of threats from government officials and allegedly some drafts having been elaborated on which would have banned Bitcoin and criminalized its use, but basically nothing had come out of it. This agenda was mainly pushed by the Ministry of Finance and their primary aim was not to involve the Tax Service of Russia (which is part of the former) with taxing Bitcoin since that would be a hell of a job. Further, after mostly the same officials started to talk about treating Bitcoin as a foreign currency, the Tax Service itself issued a letter in which it clearly stated that Bitcoin is not their business altogether...

If you look at the issue this way, it will be perfectly clear why the Russian government acts in this manner exactly
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

Or they just in research to see how people panic to market based on fundamental.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
Russia has seen that other countries are now moving into cryptocurrency and they dont want their country to be the last in terms of financial innovations. But possibly the wait and see approach is an experiment as to what are the effects that crypocurrency to their country. If disadvantages is heavier than the positive effects then maybe they will ban bitcoins again. Or there statement could imply that depending on the use of cryptocurrency as long as it is legal transactions then you will not be doing a criminal offence.
legendary
Russian, "Deputy finance minister, adopted a wait -and -see approach with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies". He said " mining or use of the bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will no longer be seen as a criminal offence." The news is from Russian largest news agency,TASS.

To be "seen as a criminal offense" and get actually prosecuted for a criminal offense are two different things as far as I can tell. Someone seeing something is no more than his own opinion while criminal offenses are codified and brought to criminal courts which make judgments. This seems to be a stale news already, and you didn't even provide any links. This wait-and-see approach has been there since at least July, 2016...

And the longer they follow it the better
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Russian, "Deputy finance minister, adopted a wait -and -see approach with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies". He said " mining or use of the bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will no longer be seen as a criminal offence." The news is from Russian largest news agency,TASS.
Pages:
Jump to: