Pages:
Author

Topic: Russian aggression against Ukraine. The world will no longer be the same. - page 4. (Read 792 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
It was long, but i read all of it, i am sorry for what is happening in your country, but it is a difficult situation the rest of Europe, U.K and U.S are in now. One thing you must understand is that Ukraine is not a member of NATO, so other member countries of the organization under the NATO treaty do not recognize Ukraine as one of its members, and as a result, they are not bound to defend the territory of a non-member. UN on the other hand has as its duty peace and security, but it is achieved through mediation and settlement of dispute, and hardly through aggression, and you know every attempt to make Putin withdraw has not worked so far.

I understand everything you wrote, but if we are to be objective and take away our emotions, every independent nation has the sovereign right to defend its territory, which Ukraine is doing valiantly and courageously, and should any other external nation interfere, it means they are also ready to bring the war into their own country, and endanger their own citizens, it is as simple as that, and that is what every other country seems to be avoiding. If America for example gets involved physically, be rest assured that Russia would also respond, and other countries supporting Russia behind the scenes will too, and in less than a week it could be 4 or even 5 countries involved now. Of America do that it will obviously lead to death of Americans and the war will escalate, i am sure that no American citizen will support their country getting involved physically for fear of reprisal attacks, and it is very much understandable.

Sanctions was the best action they could take, that way they systematically and without any physical aggression cripple Russia to relent, it has been helpful to a good extent, but Russia is also important to Europe, so it will be difficult for every country to stick together in the demand for sanctions, some have to look at how it will affect their country economically, and for how long they can survive without Russian gas, it is a difficult situation they all are in, not that they enjoy what is going on in Ukraine, but for the sake of their own individual countries, both politically, economically, the safety and security of their citizens, their own interest etc, they have to be very careful before they act, and that is what they are doing.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
The topic of Russian aggression against Ukraine has been discussed for more than 3 months. Discussed by supporters of both sides, with different goals (of course, I am no exception)). But if at first I was mainly interested in the destruction of the terrorist invaders on my land (and this is only a matter of time), now I have begun to be interested in other issues that have emerged during these 100+ days of the terrorist attack on Ukraine. And those events that were the result of an attempt by a significant part of the world to put an unbridled terrorist country in its place (not Putin destroys Ukrainian cities and kills defenseless civilians, but ordinary Russians).

How, in your opinion, will the current situation develop, what changes await us, what can we expect in the near future?

Let's face it, Putin is an old man who is coming to the end of his life. Just in the last few days he has compared himself to Peter the Great and claims he wants to conquer more land for Russia. Every country deserves to be proud of parts of their history, but this war which has killed tens of thousands, is nothing but trying to build a legacy for Putin. He has achieved nothing for Russia in the last 22 years of power, so his last resort and act of distraction is to kill, rape and pillage other countries. It is a sick, sick ending and every Russian should be thoroughly ashamed of their government.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
15 minutes is still not enough to absorb all the gist of all of the above Statements, but thanks for all the explanations.

But let me give a response about the current condition since the aggression started until now almost 3 months have passed starting from the first cycle then the second cycle and the third cycle then there are some stages that we have not seen that this aggression really makes a lot of people suffer. In terms of social and political economy, everyone feels very bad about the stability of a country, especially Ukraine itself.

NATO support and all European countries that provide support are generally reported in all media in the first month, but in the second month, uncertainty begins to arise because NATO countries need gas and oil supplies. Had to switch to alternate mode but not as effective as original. Production of goods was hampered so that NATO relented to submit and decided not to interfere in Russian affairs. Plus the threats made by Putin add to the sense of a loser to NATO, especially Biden.

When the strongest country is silent, then we who do not have a strong role can only convey the dream of justice in limited media. There was a peak in financial aid in the form of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies held by Ukraine, but that also stopped after the uncertainty of the non-transparent flow of funds. But I believe all is allocated for medicine, combat equipment and also basic needs.

As a result, we are still busy improving our own micro-economy because we also need to survive in the midst of the onslaught of the western economy which reduces the supply of exports by reason of increasingly expensive and scarce costs.

What is the conclusion? Russia has become a country that cannot be stopped and stands with its back to NATO countries that have submitted to the interests of their respective countries.

Thanks for your reply. Agree with virtually everything!
I don't quite agree with the last sentence. More precisely, it simply states the fact of what happened.
And let's imagine that tomorrow North Korea, with the help of a well-known sponsor of terrorism, will create full-fledged ballistic nuclear missiles, aim them at Europe, the USA, Japan and your country!
And after that, it will declare that South Korea is its territory, and it will protect Korean-speaking citizens from the "decaying West" and because South Korea is clearly about to attack North Korea, because the whole world is jealous of North Korea's resources. And after the invasion, all of the above will begin to threaten with a nuclear strike, in case of interference in its "special operation to save South Korea."
Or the terrorist organization HEZBALLAH will get their hands on nuclear weapons or dirty bombs. Will he place them in your country, in the neighboring one and many others, and will demand to recognize it, to give it half of Europe, for example, and also that everyone pays tribute to them, and that every second born boy from your country is given to them to form terrorist troops?

I am sure you are categorically against such a scenario! This is logical! But now Russia was allowed to reach such a level, and now everyone is, to put it mildly, in shock. And the saddest thing is, some say it's okay, just accept their terms and they'll calm down.
I believe that this is absolutely impossible to allow, and when trying to implement such scenarios described above, the whole world must, with a united front (economically, politically, military force), destroy the source of such threats. The point is not even that my country is now being destroyed, the point is that now, in fact, all international agreements, values, rights, obligations have collapsed, and if the situation is not changed, it will end very badly.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 586
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
15 minutes is still not enough to absorb all the gist of all of the above Statements, but thanks for all the explanations.

But let me give a response about the current condition since the aggression started until now almost 3 months have passed starting from the first cycle then the second cycle and the third cycle then there are some stages that we have not seen that this aggression really makes a lot of people suffer. In terms of social and political economy, everyone feels very bad about the stability of a country, especially Ukraine itself.

NATO support and all European countries that provide support are generally reported in all media in the first month, but in the second month, uncertainty begins to arise because NATO countries need gas and oil supplies. Had to switch to alternate mode but not as effective as original. Production of goods was hampered so that NATO relented to submit and decided not to interfere in Russian affairs. Plus the threats made by Putin add to the sense of a loser to NATO, especially Biden.

When the strongest country is silent, then we who do not have a strong role can only convey the dream of justice in limited media. There was a peak in financial aid in the form of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies held by Ukraine, but that also stopped after the uncertainty of the non-transparent flow of funds. But I believe all is allocated for medicine, combat equipment and also basic needs.

As a result, we are still busy improving our own micro-economy because we also need to survive in the midst of the onslaught of the western economy which reduces the supply of exports by reason of increasingly expensive and scarce costs.

What is the conclusion? Russia has become a country that cannot be stopped and stands with its back to NATO countries that have submitted to the interests of their respective countries.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
The topic of Russian aggression against Ukraine has been discussed for more than 3 months. Discussed by supporters of both sides, with different goals (of course, I am no exception)). But if at first I was mainly interested in the destruction of the terrorist invaders on my land (and this is only a matter of time), now I have begun to be interested in other issues that have emerged during these 100+ days of the terrorist attack on Ukraine. And those events that were the result of an attempt by a significant part of the world to put an unbridled terrorist country in its place (not Putin destroys Ukrainian cities and kills defenseless civilians, but ordinary Russians).

So, a few introductions.
1. The international system of stabilization or order turned out to be ... It turned out to be absolutely ineffective. More precisely, it turned out that on paper it is, but in reality - it is not!
The UN cannot bring in peacekeeping forces, or even take any decision against the aggressor country, because ... the criminal is against, and he has the right to veto such a decision! So let's give all criminals the right to veto police action (no arrest) and court decisions against him or his friends?
The Red Cross generally plays on the side of the aggressor and refuses to fulfill its functions.
The OSCE - half consists of representatives of the aggressor country, and they stupidly refuse to record the crimes of their country, and sabotage the work of others.
NATO, a military bloc created for defense, is AFRAID of a confrontation with an inadequate neighbor.
Why do we all pay constant fees, why do our taxes go to the maintenance of these useless structures. Moreover, these huge funds could give more effect if they were invested in really useful projects, and not for the maintenance of a herd of shiny people who are not responsible for anything and constantly conferring. Oh no, the maximum you can expect is "they will express concern" ...
No, I have no complaints, it's just that now the meaning of these structures is not at all clear.
In 1939 the world was the same, behaved the same way. History teaches nothing, it's a fact!

2. Another problem that is no less difficult is the world economy. Deep integration of all participants in the international market. It turns out they are not ready for a situation where one of the participants "breaks the roof", and he starts to do whatever he wants. And with such a participant, some believe it is necessary to "negotiate". Explanations - because "there are no other options", "he is the only supplier", and even agree to the legalization of his crimes ("just give them your land, they will calm down"). Here and the monopolization of markets, and corruption at the level of heads of state, and the lack of a well-thought-out plan of action for such cases. In a word, the world economy is not ready for such situations. Neither physically, nor financially, nor legally, in any way! And here the problem is not only in economic problems, but in the possibility of the flourishing of a new type of terrorism - economic. And the consequences of such terror can be worse than classic terrorist attacks.

3. A very bad precedent has appeared - contracts and obligations can be not fulfilled. Any ! Generally ! And there will be no consequences for this! The main thing is to lie a lot and constantly, for example, to pass off murders as salvation, seizure of territory for help, to constantly speak to the facts proving the commission of a crime by you - "it's not me!", etc. And the rest of the world has no leverage over such "partners".

4. Sanctions. On the one hand, a very good tool. And even efficient. But ! Returning to point 2, we see that some are simply not interested because of personal interests, someone hides behind the interests of the state and sabotages sanctions covertly or openly, someone accepts them "under pressure."
On the other hand, the sanctions are indeed a "double-edged sword" - and again, paragraph 2 showed that the market is not protected from stressful situations when one of the suppliers was given monopoly rights. And in the case of sanctions, many others begin to suffer.

5. In general, it turned out that the world is not ready for such situations. Not ready to defend the accepted norms and laws. Not ready to defend the suffering, not ready to repulse the aggressor. Not ready to play by the rules and build balanced markets where there are no monopolists and there are regulatory rules that everyone follows. They are not ready to fulfill their obligations at all. This applies to both individual politicians and countries, and international organizations, and even international unions of various types!

6. From the point of view of international security, and the security of individual countries, the current situation is the best gift for international terrorism! Yes Yes exactly ! The world has untied the hands of terrorists of any level with their own hands! Now they are well aware that the international community will turn its cowardly tail and whine and run into a corner if they are threatened with nuclear weapons, dirty bombs, terrorist attacks, etc. The modern world has relaxed and reacts to threats with cowardice, and not with actions.

It seems that the time has come for new alliances, with those who are ready to decisively, and not just in words, fight against international crime, take on obligations and fulfill them, even if it is not very convenient or profitable. Do not follow the lead of criminals, and do not be afraid to strike back, defending the honor of yourself and the one to whom you promised help.
Now I understand why Britain left the EU and why it will never return there.
The worst thing is that the world decided not to fight terror, but lowered its eyes, kneel before the aggressor, try to negotiate with him, indulging the aggressor in every possible way! Let me remind you once again - there has already been such a case in history, in 1939. And then the world lost 100 million lives!

I suppose that soon we will see a sluggish, but the collapse of many international institutions, and their replacement with local counterparts, but working. The world will no longer be the same as it was recently, most likely there will be several new, independent unions, decision-making centers and regional organizations of various orientations (political, economic, military).

How, in your opinion, will the current situation develop, what changes await us, what can we expect in the near future?
Pages:
Jump to: