Pages:
Author

Topic: Russian Hotels to Surprise World Cup Fans with Bitcoin Payments - page 2. (Read 252 times)

Activity: 1478
Merit: 264
Show me a total ban of nukes and i will consider buying a lollipop.

PS: Have a ball while you are at it! ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
and they keep on spreading the FUD that Russia has banned bitcoin Cheesy

in any case one of the best news have always been this kind of news about real adoption of bitcoin as a currency and this one is double good news because it is not only real use case of bitcoin but also it is going to involve tourists and bitcoin is always best when you use it as a tourist so you don't have to worry about converting your money into foreign currency and don't have to worry about security of carrying large amounts of money around.
Activity: 1478
Merit: 264
Russia is testing missiles in my backyard. I will keep my distance till they gain sanity.

Not a word about hand grenade sized nuclear weapons.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
Football Fans will be able to pay with bitcoin for their accommodation when they visit Russia for this year’s World Cup. Hotels in Kaliningrad, expecting guests from eight countries, are partnering with a local payment provider to offer the service. Booking a room for the day when England plays Belgium will cost approx. $300 in fiat.

Nice opportunity, one more reason for me to consider travelling abroad and utilize my bitcoin holdings. It is certainly a good news for the bitcoin community that new places are accepting bitcoin payments as it will increase the awareness about bitcoins.

However, this can also come with some problems. What about the price functions ? Think about doing advance booking at current bitcoin rates and then he is asked to pay more at time of arrival due to prices changing. It can also affect the Hotel revenue in case there is major drop in bitcoin prices.

Activity: 728
Merit: 103
Great news for bitcoin, and also for good sports betting platforms like WAGERR who will probably have their product released in time for some privacy based betting. We can expect another pump during those months. Russia is a crypto friendly country so bitcoin and ethereum are likely to get promoted during the games.
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
Football Fans will be able to pay with bitcoin for their accommodation when they visit Russia for this year’s World Cup. Hotels in Kaliningrad, expecting guests from eight countries, are partnering with a local payment provider to offer the service. Booking a room for the day when England plays Belgium will cost approx. $300 in fiat.

Yes, this is very interesting news and a very good commercial solution. I think the crypto world needs more of this kind of action.  Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 0
This is fantastic news. World cup is a huge event. This will get bigger attention. Good for Bitcoin. I hope some people will get back their trust on Bitcoin. Thanks for sharing the News. Appreciate it.
Activity: 196
And although in peripheral cities it is unlikely to convince the seller of a used car or a manicurist to accept an exotic coin, in capitals in narrow circles this kind of calculations has circulation. In particular, clubs of bitcoin fans and IT workers are ready to accept such payment
Activity: 196
Speaking specifically about Russia, you can buy air tickets and food for bitcoins in Russia.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Interesting as it may seem but it may not be getting any attention it needs. Nevertheless, this shows that the Russian government isn't really strict about cryptocurrencies being used in their country as long as it's legitimate. This could also create some kind of positive publicity if in case some people watching the said tourney would actually pay in bitcoins and for the promotion not to finish in vain.

The Olympics would also be a great event to get this crypto promotions up and running, as there'd be numerous people attending the saud event for sure.
Activity: 223
Merit: 11
This is great news. An event like the World Cup will bring an incredible exposure to Bitcoin. It's a big step for Bitcoin to be recognized as world standard currency. What an amazing news.  I expect that some people and the media will cover this huge boost for Bitcoin.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: