Pages:
Author

Topic: Russian ICO's - page 4. (Read 716 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 1
October 23, 2018, 08:18:17 AM
Hello everybody!
Many Russian startups are trying not to focus on the fact that they are from Russia. According to legend, this could stop a potential European investor. Europeans, be honest, is this meaningful to you? Really interesting  Wink

Let's talk about ICO investments, to be quiet clear

I don't understand the correlation of European investors to Russian starts up. Why would European investors simply stop on investing because the ICO is run by Russian? Care to explain what legendary story you got? This for me is just a conspiracy theory and nothing more. I guess you're trying to put some political colours but sad to say crypto has no boundaries.

i think topic starter means negative aspect about russian based ICO, and in a certain part he is right. Just remember about promising
Universa (founders even didn't know how many assets they rose, then they brawled among themselves), Hoqu (also brawled). My suggestion it's
all coming from 1990s from russian mafia, thievish richmen, stereotype movies and so on...

But in other part there are many good and honest projects - like Waves, MPCX (ceo is russian), maybe other, just can't remember now...
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
October 23, 2018, 08:04:45 AM
The main criterion when choosing a startup should be the uniquiness, the benefits of this technology and the experience of the team. From which country the developers shouldn't matter. There are many scammers all over the world. Exactly like decent people.
Activity: 602
October 23, 2018, 07:56:40 AM
European investors have more money and they do believe more to european and american ICOs. It is not related only to tokensales but in general to whole crypto projects.
As you see there is an advertisement on this forum on fake team changelly, they are also pretended to be european start up, there is another case as well- ICObazaar. They are russians,but hide it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 118
October 23, 2018, 07:51:51 AM
Hello everybody!
Many Russian startups are trying not to focus on the fact that they are from Russia. According to legend, this could stop a potential European investor. Europeans, be honest, is this meaningful to you? Really interesting  Wink

I don't understand the correlation of European investors to Russian starts up. Why would European investors simply stop on investing because the ICO is run by Russian? Care to explain what legendary story you got? This for me is just a conspiracy theory and nothing more. I guess you're trying to put some political colours but sad to say crypto has no boundaries.

Perhaps you have a little investment experience so you think so. If the team is from Russia and the project is launched in Russia, then at 99% it is a fraud. If you analyze the projects that were carried out in Russia, then you will see that all of them turned out to be scammers, only a few turned out to be legal. You can go to the Russian section and see how many fraudulent projects. Or ask any Russian-speaking person ,he trusts a team from Russia. The answer will be - no.
You can also read this article. It describes how Russian projects after collecting money buy expensive cars for themselves, divide money, but no one is involved in the project, and so on. You will be interested to read.
https://forklog.com/mertvogo-osla-ushi-a-ne-blokchejn-rossijskie-ico-startapy-pogryazli-v-raspryah-vmesto-razrabotki/
Universa/ZONTO/HOQU/SBC Platform/ - this is only a small part of the scam

Activity: 254
October 22, 2018, 07:46:41 PM
Team of developer from Russia stop not only potential European investors, also from USA, Russia and from around the world. Usually russian developers try to hide this information.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
October 22, 2018, 07:28:05 PM
Hello everybody!

Activity: 154
Merit: 1
October 22, 2018, 07:16:28 PM
Yes, of course, this is very significant because Russia is the country of the aggressor and can’t put any sanctions at any time and thus we can lose our investments
Activity: 756
Merit: 256
HEX: Longer pays better
October 22, 2018, 07:05:18 PM
What's wrong with ICO projects from Russia? I don't care where ICO projects come from Smiley. You should know that all investors just care about potential of ICO project then they'll decide to invest in these projects or not Smiley. As I know there are so many successful ICO project came from Russia Smiley)).
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back
October 22, 2018, 05:35:20 PM
Yes, off-course it is a factor, we all know that Russians have no regulations regarding ICOs , there is a possibility that good ICOs can arise from Russia but i have not seen one yet and most definitely would think for a long time to invest in one.
Here are some successful ICOs with russian team. Maybe you've heard of them.
Waves, Sonm, Genesis vision, Revain, Cindicator

I wonder where Vitalik Buterin comes from? Smiley
He used to go through some other countries though where he offered his starting idea first.. and then made it this way as it is..
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
October 22, 2018, 05:28:32 PM
Yes, off-course it is a factor, we all know that Russians have no regulations regarding ICOs , there is a possibility that good ICOs can arise from Russia but i have not seen one yet and most definitely would think for a long time to invest in one.
Here are some successful ICOs with russian team. Maybe you've heard of them.
Waves, Sonm, Genesis vision, Revain, Cindicator
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
October 22, 2018, 05:26:16 PM
I participated in many ICO projects and for myself determined that many ICO fraudulent projects are where the team consists of Russians. Therefore, I am reviewing the ICO team now, and if I see that most of them have a Russian last name, I just stop being interested in this ICO.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back
October 22, 2018, 05:21:08 PM
I'd say that money doesn't know borders but some people do.. ayeah.. there is some feelings about the country and businessfreedom so it does affect a bit..
A while ago russian IT guys had pretty high reputation but it has fallen a bit.. best ones left and those who stayed had other problems..
Activity: 152
Merit: 10
October 22, 2018, 05:14:33 PM
Russians constantly deceive all for the sake of money. In the sphere of ico of projects there is a lot of deception created by Russians too. I personally don't trust the Russian teams.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
October 22, 2018, 01:49:42 PM
I think till now, there was no successful ICO that took place in Russia. But I hope things would change and there are some great projects that are currently ongoing and that are based in Russia. Best of luck guys from Russia.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
October 22, 2018, 01:41:27 PM
If you're someone who's not new to investing in ICO's or any business you won't make your decisions based on the nationality of the ICO. The core of any good ICO is the foundation, meaning the idea, the team behind it, their future strategy etc play a big part of drawing in the attention of potential investers. Anyone who knows what they're looking for will focus on these points, not what nationality an ICO is.
Activity: 518
Merit: 134
October 22, 2018, 10:56:39 AM
I think, very narrowly if see the ICO from the country that made it, there are so many ICOs that are successful and come from Russia, that's not the point, seeing an ICO is how to see the project's potential and the seriousness of the team that runs it. so a country is not the main benchmark for assessing an ICO is good or bad
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 22, 2018, 06:16:26 AM
Usually, as crypto is a worldwide global currency, the region or place is not so important to it. But if the Russians want to hide their profile, that is also legit as they are dealing with a decentralised and volatile coin. It also shouldn't matter to the west too.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
October 22, 2018, 06:04:06 AM
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
October 22, 2018, 05:48:44 AM
No country can claim to be at the centre of the crypto world,though many would like to. Around the world, Russian accents are commonplace at ICO pitch competitions.But their influence isn't immediately obvious in the numbers.
copper member
Activity: 150
Merit: 30
October 22, 2018, 03:54:36 AM
Hello everybody!

Most of cryptos and ICOs come from the USA

You have incorrect statistics because most of the ICO's was conducted by companies from EU.
As for OP I think behavior of companies that are trying to hide their Russian origin is justified now in light of the reputation that the country has.
Pages:
Jump to: