Pages:
Author

Topic: Russian Parliament May Charge Gorbachev With “Treason” For Breaking Up USSR - page 2. (Read 4019 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Many people are triying to sympathize Gorbachev, but it's a result of ignorance. Just read something about his confiscatory reforms and you will understand why he should be imprisoned. These "reforms" can only be described as an economical crime.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFzma3Rr8Q8

Maybe, somebody will describe contents of this video.

By the way, something similar now happening in the Ukraine... SCSE,  crazy inflation rate and the upcoming financial reform.

It's pretty short. I'll write an English transcript.
As for the monetary reform of 1991, yes, I remember it to be a pretty painful affair, with many families (our including) losing large portions of their life's savings.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Many people are triying to sympathize Gorbachev, but it's a result of ignorance. Just read something about his confiscatory reforms and you will understand why he should be imprisoned. These "reforms" can only be described as an economical crime.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFzma3Rr8Q8

Maybe, somebody will describe contents of this video.

By the way, something similar now happening in the Ukraine... SCSE,  crazy inflation rate and the upcoming financial reform.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I think the whole notion of trial over Gorbachev is ridiculous at best. It might well be a publicity move by those proposing it, so as to score internal political points.

Agreed. Gorbachev can go to hell. And its is not too late to confiscate the money Yeltsin stole from Russia and Ukraine. Arrest his family and recover the money. His family can keep the bribe which he received from the CIA. And most importantly, the Yelsin memorial in Moscow's Novodevichy cemetery should be dug up immediately and the remains must be dumped in the radio active waste disposal unit in Murmansk Oblast.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
They shouldn't try these people for treason. Rather they should be tried for the death of close to 20 million people, who lost their lives in the post-USSR economic collapse (13 million in Russia, most of the remaining in Ukraine). And the no.1 perpetrator was the drunkard Yeltsin. Gorbachev played his part, but he was only no.2.

Pretty much this. One has also to remember that Gorbachev was under house arrest during the whole coup (GKCHP - ГКЧП) affair. And that the dissolvement of USSR happened between the three musket... conspirators: Yeltsin, Kravchuk and Shushkevich (Belovhezhskoe agreement)

As for Gorbachev, I think he was on the right track with internal state reforms, but they came too late. So it ended up as it goes in one of Chernomyrdin's popular sayings: "We wanted it to be the best, but it ended up being as always" (Xoтeли кaк лyчшe, a пoлyчилocь кaк вceгдa).

I think the whole notion of trial over Gorbachev is ridiculous at best. It might well be a publicity move by those proposing it, so as to score internal political points.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
They shouldn't try these people for treason. Rather they should be tried for the death of close to 20 million people, who lost their lives in the post-USSR economic collapse (13 million in Russia, most of the remaining in Ukraine). And the no.1 perpetrator was the drunkard Yeltsin. Gorbachev played his part, but he was only no.2.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
I love Russians theese days.

This Whole thing has 1 and 1 intention only:

To enlighten the west of Russian history.

Russia was "occupied" and controlled by non-nationalists for over 80 years. Gorbachev was a freemason who they caught conspiring With the west(THe KGB. And as he admits himself: He was under surveillance constantly). They tried to coup him out and failed. In fear of losing the Soviet and HALF of the world to a force uncontrollable he was ordered by his freemason superiors to dissolve the Soviet Union. Right after he moved to USA.

Facts of the day peeps

Freemasons! We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master.

Always those damned Freemasons! It's as if no one can collapse a Berlin wall without their help or something... LOL!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I love Russians theese days.

This Whole thing has 1 and 1 intention only:

To enlighten the west of Russian history.

Russia was "occupied" and controlled by non-nationalists for over 80 years. Gorbachev was a freemason who they caught conspiring With the west(THe KGB. And as he admits himself: He was under surveillance constantly). They tried to coup him out and failed. In fear of losing the Soviet and HALF of the world to a force uncontrollable he was ordered by his freemason superiors to dissolve the Soviet Union. Right after he moved to USA.

Facts of the day peeps
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

A group of Russian MPs has formally requested that prosecutors investigate former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev for treason over the breakup of the Soviet Union, one lawmaker said Thursday.

Ivan Nikitchuk, a deputy with the Communist party, said recent events and the Ukraine crisis in particular have led five MPs, including two from the ruling United Russia party, to ask Prosecutor General Yury Chaika to probe Gorbachev, 83.

“We asked to prosecute him and those who helped him destroy the Soviet Union for treason of national interests,” Nikitchuk told AFP, adding that Soviet citizens in 1991 were against the country’s breakup.

Seeking to create a more open and prosperous Soviet Union through glasnost and perestroika, Gorbachev ended up inadvertently unleashing forces that swept the country he had sought to preserve from the map and himself from power.

“The consequences of that destruction can be felt today in the conflicts that we have seen,” said Nikitchuk.

He added that this included not only Ukraine but also in other former Soviet countries over the past two decades.

In February, a popular pro-Western uprising in Ukraine ousted pro-Moscow president Viktor Yanukovych, who has since taken refuge in Russia.

The Kremlin responded by sending troops to Ukraine’s Russian-speaking peninsula of Crimea and annexing it as part of Russia last month.

“What is happening in Ukraine can happen in Russia, too,” said Nikitchuk. “This pushed us to write to the Prosecutor General, so that professional lawyers rather than historians investigate the events of 1991.”

He added that lawmakers were also concerned about internal enemies stirring unrest.

“The fifth column in our country has been formed and works in the open, funded by foreign money,” he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-mps-want-gorbachev-probed-treason-over-ussr-144643924.html

Pages:
Jump to: