Pages:
Author

Topic: Russia’s Biggest Bank Considers Launching Its Own Stablecoin - page 2. (Read 223 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102
Stablecoin supported by the central bank is the safest. but hopefully this news isn't just a rumor. If the Russian central bank is serious about developing crypto, this could be a huge advance. there will be many central banks from other countries who will follow this. and hopefully they can release the Stablecoin as soon as possible.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
I don't know what will be the impact as others are still in the experimental phase and we haven't heard any success on a crypto back up by government. So let's wait and see.
As Putin said, they are not really into digital cryptocurrency line. So this request might have been place into long due of deliberation. As much as crypto community in Russia support any possible good effect of this plan, the problem relies on their Government approved Law. I hate that among all big countries why Russia to be the anti crypto group of all Major countries.

Every country is rooting up their own digital stablecoin and I can see other countries will follow. I have a feeling that they will amend some of their strict rule on cryptocurrency. But Im not hoping, its also for the benefit of Russian crypto community so Puti must think on his next and future move.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
I do not think that it is possible, creating own money is illegal in every country. It would be different if Russian´s central bank create stable coin backed by Ruble, something like Digital Ruble, but do you think that it is possible that a private bank could create an alternative to the Ruble?
Activity: 480
Merit: 4
Russia has since taken key positions in the tech space and blockchain in particular. Most startup in 2017 through 2019 were from Russia, Although, nobody said anything about the government opposing the tech just like India did and is about to repeat but then, their quietness gave the startups from Russia the edge of working within the space and then making it official to startup a Stablecoin as a Bank can only make it better as regulatory agencies have to give approval which is also approving of the tech officially.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
russia also banning any crypto transaction, this is a very confused country.
Activity: 742
Merit: 101
as the President of Russia Vladimir Putin already signed the law regarding crypto in their country, I think this is a good move to them.. they just need to follow certain criteria and of course, registered in Bank of Russia.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
With so many things going on with Russia as far as crypto is concern, I think this is a bold move coming from their biggest bank. And it seems that they have been eyeing this for a long time and just waited till Putin sign the crypto law. So this is a green to me, however, the big question is how crypto supporters in Russia are going to look it. Will they also support this central bank coins, or will they still go to bitcoin and  ethereum. Perhaps if there are more applicable used of this stablecoin from Sberbank, maybe crypto enthusiast are going to support it, otherwise this will fail.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
Russia’s Biggest Bank Considers Launching Its Own Stablecoin

Shortly after Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin, signed the country’s recent cryptocurrency law, the country’s largest bank voiced its considerations.

Sberbank, a state-owned company and the largest bank in Russia, is considering the possibility of issuing its own token, according to its key executives.

Sergey Popov, director of the transaction business at Sberbank, says that Russia’s banking giant is thinking of issuing its own stablecoin that could be pegged one-to-one to the Russian ruble, local news agency Kommersant reported on Tuesday.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/russias-biggest-bank-hypothesizes-its-crypto-token

I still in the grey area as far as Russia is concern, but with all the central banks around the world creating their own stable coins, perhaps Sberbank thinks is the best move for them to join the bandwagon. So it will be a Stablecoin (what else), I don't know what will be the impact as others are still in the experimental phase and we haven't heard any success on a crypto back up by government. So let's wait and see.
Pages:
Jump to: