Pages:
Author

Topic: RVN GPU ROI Mining Analysis - (Updated) - page 2. (Read 3547 times)

Activity: 345
Merit: 16
I must say nvidia suck in mining compared with 200$ vega 56, 1.43$/day , - electric = 1$/day
Im sure you have the same spreadsheet to prove your words? What coin, ROI, daily profit, etc, etc...

He's right if you just look at it today. I only have one Vega56, but after adjusting the hashrate for my miner's fee and the pool fee, I get a net 2094 h/s on Monero for 185W at the wall (it averages a little over 2160 h/s before accounting for fees) . That's currently $1.44/day - (185W/1000*24*$0.10) = $0.99/day net profit. Of course, it takes a little more knowledge and effort to set up a Vega56 than an Nvidia card and a couple months ago it was barely breaking even while a lot of NVidia cards were still making decent profits (e.g. At one point, my GTX 1060s were making $0.25+ per day on Grin while my Vega 56 was making $0.01 on Monero), but at least that's some info to plug into a spreadsheet for people to analyze on their own.

This is why I do a spreadsheets... I don't agree with your math.

A Vega56 costs $270 plus tax and shipping where I am in the U.S. But let just say it's $270 all in. (This is confirmed by PCPartsPicker.com). Then you look up Whattomine.com and the top coin for this GPU, as I type this, is Monero. Vega56 earns 1.20 less .51 for electric equals $.69 profit a day.  Maybe you do a little better and earn 5% more, call it $.73 a day. That equals an ROI of about 370 days. Not bad, but in the same range as the best Nvidia mining cards. Basically the market stays in some type of floating balance where miners float to the best profits over time.

There are a lot of variables - are you a Spec Miner or a Cash Miner or a Hybrid of the two. What coins/protocols do you believe are worth mining/holding. How much are you investing. There are lots of drivers. Every miner has a different path, that doesn't make them right or wrong, just different strokes for different folks.

You do you and good luck.
Again, Mr Pigeon, I'd appreciate it if you could actually share the spreadsheet itself, so that everyone could plug in their own numbers/algos/khw rates etc. It would be a very helpful addition to my XL-folder! Grin

See if this works...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F0ePozi6wHmooaKiUwbTmQSyEri744_bT97jsutuPYU/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Again, Mr Pigeon, I'd appreciate it if you could actually share the spreadsheet itself, so that everyone could plug in their own numbers/algos/khw rates etc. It would be a very helpful addition to my XL-folder! Grin
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
I must say nvidia suck in mining compared with 200$ vega 56, 1.43$/day , - electric = 1$/day
Im sure you have the same spreadsheet to prove your words? What coin, ROI, daily profit, etc, etc...

He's right if you just look at it today. I only have one Vega56, but after adjusting the hashrate for my miner's fee and the pool fee, I get a net 2094 h/s on Monero for 185W at the wall (it averages a little over 2160 h/s before accounting for fees) . That's currently $1.44/day - (185W/1000*24*$0.10) = $0.99/day net profit. Of course, it takes a little more knowledge and effort to set up a Vega56 than an Nvidia card and a couple months ago it was barely breaking even while a lot of NVidia cards were still making decent profits (e.g. At one point, my GTX 1060s were making $0.25+ per day on Grin while my Vega 56 was making $0.01 on Monero), but at least that's some info to plug into a spreadsheet for people to analyze on their own.
2*1063 that costs about $100 from second hand each gives about $1.20 even at wtm.  Your Vega was great yesterday, today it falls down again. Make your spreadsheet and collect information week by week to see the whole situation.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Nice stats WickedPigeon, the sheet looks clean and simple to follow. I also love how it's regularly updated.

Since you're tabulating NVIDIA cards anyway, have you considered adding the P106 mining card? Could be nice to see too considering it's now being sold at our local group for only $55 each Cheesy
Activity: 31
Merit: 7

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
Prices on new GPU's were firm to slightly higher this week, especially at the lower end 1660's and 1660TI's. I saw them on sale through out the week, but most involved some sort of MIR - I don't like MIR's and I don't include them in my analysis.

Still, if crypto prices continues to improve, and mining payback ROI starts to come back to the magic "365" day level, I except that demand will continue to keep GPU prices firm. And I don't expect to see GPU prices drop going forward, at least not in the aggregate. But I am keeping an I out for a good sale - come on Fry's, Micro Center.... Any help Newegg?

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
NVIDIA has released to the press the targeted dates of their new "super" 20x0 series cards, this should drive the current prices down slightly.  From the stats that have been posted for the new prices, there might also be an option for one of the cards "super" version being a decent upgrade for the small difference in price.

I think they are expected to hit shelves July 23rd 2019 or thereabouts.
Prices on new GPU's were firm to slightly higher this week, especially at the lower end 1660's and 1660TI's. I saw them on sale through out the week, but most involved some sort of MIR - I don't like MIR's and I don't include them in my analysis.

Still, if crypto prices continues to improve, and mining payback ROI starts to come back to the magic "365" day level, I except that demand will continue to keep GPU prices firm. And I don't expect to see GPU prices drop going forward, at least not in the aggregate. But I am keeping an I out for a good sale - come on Fry's, Micro Center.... Any help Newegg?
Nice, the best ROI GPU`s price grew up and 2060 moves down. Seems that market will balance prices with demand. Used GPUs looks useless except 1070. I think that 1080ti would compete it.

Is it worth mining RVN with AMD?

Getting some good speeds with TRM on AMD Vega 64.

Algorithm   Hashrate   Power at wall (Watt)   Efficiency (Hash/Watt)   ODT Config   TRM Config
x16r   (average- mh/s) 21.5   (average) 185   116.22   1082/ 800/812   
You can compare it with the spreedsheet. This hashrate is between 1070ti and 1080 from 10xx series or 2060. They use less electricity and cost cheaper then Vega. As for me - if you have Vega - use it to mine RVN, but if you want to buy GPU - better choice is NVIDIA.
Agreed,
Unless you are paying more than $.20 a Kwh, if you have a Vega 64, you can mine RVN profitable with it. Although check to see if you are better mining something else and buying/swapping for RVN.

Algorithm   Hashrate   Power at wall (Watt)   Efficiency (Hash/Watt)   ODT Config   TRM Config
You can compare it with the spreedsheet. This hashrate is between 1070ti and 1080 from 10xx series or 2060. They use less electricity and cost cheaper then Vega. As for me - if you have Vega - use it to mine RVN, but if you want to buy GPU - better choice is NVIDIA.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
I like how the tables show that it is clearly better to spend mid range amounts to reach your ROI.

You don't want the 1060 or 1080ti to reach ROI - you want the 1070.

But this all assumes a stable price of course. Perhaps getting lots of coins with a 1080ti is better if you're bullish on crypto/raven? But if that's the case perhaps you would just purchase crypto outright instead of mining.
Activity: 230
Merit: 1

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
thanks for this chart, it is a great efforts
would u mind to share the spread sheet please

I appreciate the feedback & cool to hear your methodology Cheesy

What prices did you end of using for each model then?

This is last week's, I'll update it on Friday.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

Do you have a reference for what you used as the "avg ebay price"

Not really - it gets a little squishy at this point. I did use "advanced search"; Check on the "sold Listing" box; include shipping; toss out lowest and highest; eyeball with a hand calculator 5 or 6 recent sales. It's not about tracking the best deal, but rather seeing the general trend in the market. The used market is tricky, not sure if would defend my method, but it helps me see the over all used GPU market. For example, EVGA had RTX 2060, B-stock on sale for $299 plus $15 tax and free shipping - I view B-stock as used - and now I can compare it to the rest of the used market, (and I bought 2).
This is exactly what I do and it works fairly well.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Not really - it gets a little squishy at this point. I did use "advanced search"; Check on the "sold Listing" box; include shipping; toss out lowest and highest; eyeball with a hand calculator 5 or 6 recent sales. It's not about tracking the best deal, but rather seeing the general trend in the market. The used market is tricky, not sure if would defend my method, but it helps me see the over all used GPU market. For example, EVGA had RTX 2060, B-stock on sale for $299 plus $15 tax and free shipping - I view B-stock as used - and now I can compare it to the rest of the used market, (and I bought 2).

Not perfect, but a benchmark that helps me.

I appreciate the feedback & cool to hear your methodology Cheesy

What prices did you end of using for each model then?

Not perfect, but a benchmark that helps me.
Pages:
Jump to: