Pages:
Author

Topic: S15 doesn't power on - page 2. (Read 478 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 6424
be constructive or S.T.F.U
July 10, 2020, 10:59:46 AM
98 + shipping.

So that will be $130-140 shipped, not sure if it's worthy for merely a 28th consuming 57w each, after the power bill S15 will make 2$ a day (best case scenario), that is close to 3 months only to ROI the PSU, and with difficulty rising those 3 months could very easily become 4 or 5, I wouldn't pay that much for an S15 PSU, if he could find one shipped for 100$ or less, that might make sense, but paying 130-140 bucks and having to wait a couple of weeks to get the PSU from china isn't something I would do.
Activity: 208
Merit: 46
July 10, 2020, 12:09:39 AM
Before try anything left the equipment disconected few hours, the caps are charge and you need left then discharge (there is always  resistence(s) in the circuit that help with this), is a slow process, just test then with the miltimeter to see if there is still any voltage, don't try to discharge then making a short, you will get spark and smoke, not big but scary and will short the life of the caps.

You will find the fuse inside a heat shrink, The color is black. Also, try to check the VDR and the Bridge, there is a lot of info on youtube, all you need is a Digital Multimeter.

I just take this photo from a APW8 (is from a T15):

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3011
BTC price road to $80k
July 09, 2020, 07:38:58 PM
If you can disassemble the power supply try to find the fuse it might be cut off after the breaker has tripped.

I don't I have this power supply and gear so if you can provide a screenshot or pic of the motherboard of PSU maybe we can find the right parts that you can check with a multitester.

Start from the power cord if there is a cut line you need to replace it, if not then the issue is on the PSU internal so you will need to disassemble the unit to check the fuses and burned parts or might be some shorted capacitors.

I would like to add this link below as a reference, if you found any of these on the PSU check them with the multitester.
- https://electricaltechnology.org/2014/11/fuse-types-of-fuses.html
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
July 09, 2020, 09:03:20 AM
I checked bitmain they have them in stock.

https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=00020190418172319945PvKR86Kg0685

98 + shipping.

My records show I purchased a spare  s15/t15 and a spare s17/t17

So when I get to Clifton they should be there someplace.  I will know tomorrow night.

Only have the s17/t17 psu up in clifton.

Wonder how you burned the fuse.  20amp 250 volts = 5000 watts
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
July 09, 2020, 06:42:50 AM
I tried waiting hours before plugging it into the proper 240v plug but nothing. You are correct the S15 does NOT run on 120v and isn't designed to hence the full retard moment this morning.
I pulled it apart and it seems the S15 can't do one board at a te like the S9 because it has a metal bar the connects all the boards at once not individual plugs.
Is there any user reparable parts on the PSU for the S15? I'm handy with a soldering iron, if someone knows where to check volts at I can diagnose the parts.
Or where I can buy a new PSU for the S15 on the cheap preferably.

I think you can still unscrew two boards from those plates and run it with one board.

I had a similar problem like you where my T2TZ wouldn't run at all after one hot night where it just turned off, I opened and inspected everything and it seemed okay, until I fully opened PSU and saw broken part in it (not sure how it is called). I am still yet to repair that PSU. My electrician says that repair can cost between 1USD and 100USD (yeah, I know, rather helpful guy there!) depending on what was damaged. Might be cheaper for you to order a new PSU if phil cannot help you.
Activity: 56
Merit: 4
July 08, 2020, 11:21:25 PM
I may have one.  Are you in the USA?

I am driving to my farm this friday.

I can check.  If would be new if I have it.

Yeah I'm in CA, let me know.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
July 08, 2020, 10:45:48 PM
I tried waiting hours before plugging it into the proper 240v plug but nothing. You are correct the S15 does NOT run on 120v and isn't designed to hence the full retard moment this morning.
I pulled it apart and it seems the S15 can't do one board at a te like the S9 because it has a metal bar the connects all the boards at once not individual plugs.
Is there any user reparable parts on the PSU for the S15? I'm handy with a soldering iron, if someone knows where to check volts at I can diagnose the parts.

I may have one.  Are you in the USA?

I am driving to my farm this friday.

I can check.  If would be new if I have it.
July 08, 2020, 10:12:27 PM
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
July 08, 2020, 10:00:16 PM
Try unplugging it for 30min and then plugging it with new power cords and different power outlets (PREFERABLY 220/240v).

If that does not work. Open up the machine, check if any heatsink is loose or dropped and check for burned marks on hashboards.

Then, try plugging only one hashboard and turn on the unit, if that does not work, it's either PSU or control board that's dead. My guess would be PSU at that point.

Also, I am not sure if you should even run S15 at 120v in the first place...
July 08, 2020, 09:43:37 PM
So I went full retard this morning… my housing complex has quiet hours 2200-0600 and someone made a complaint for my miners so for the last few days now I have to unplug them at night.
I have 3x S9 and 3x S15 the S9 run off 120v and the S15 on 240v. When I plugged them in this morning I plugged one S15 with the 120v plug and it turned on and I went back to bed till like 5 min later I heard the breaker trip and I went to investigate.
Now my S15 will not power on at all nothing no lights or fans. Is there any cheap way to solve this? Or how do I go about trying to fix it?
Pages:
Jump to: