Pages:
Author

Topic: S2 problems - page 2. (Read 2081 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
July 10, 2014, 08:27:30 AM
Also, the lights on the ethernet port never light up.  Is there a way to check if the port is active or getting power?
July 10, 2014, 07:02:42 AM
The issue is I can't get to the miner settings.  After the miner boots I can't log into it.  The LCD screen shows the IP address - 192.168.1.99 - but it never appears on my network and the lights on the ethernet port never light up.

Is there another way to get to the miner settings?  Are they on the SD card that I can access?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 10, 2014, 03:40:40 AM
I can't even access the miner via my network.  2 of them were set to static IP's and the 3rd one to dynamic.  Even though the IP address show up on the LCD, they don't appear on my network when I display attached devices.  If I try to go to the IP address via my browser it doesn't find the miners.

Is there another way to connect?  Seems like the system won't recognize the network.

Configure your router to match the miners subnet.

Example: if your miner is at 192.168.1.100, configure your router to use 192.168.1.1 as a gateway address. If it is 192.168.0.100, then router should be 192.168.0.1

If you could provide with your specific IPs, we'll do better Smiley
July 10, 2014, 12:56:47 AM
I can't even access the miner via my network.  2 of them were set to static IP's and the 3rd one to dynamic.  Even though the IP address show up on the LCD, they don't appear on my network when I display attached devices.  If I try to go to the IP address via my browser it doesn't find the miners.

Is there another way to connect?  Seems like the system won't recognize the network.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2014, 12:50:43 AM
Hi,

I have 3 S2's and they all started having the same problem today.  I had to replace my router and when I installed the new one none of my S2's will connect.  They all boot and the LCD screen displays their internet address, but they never appear on my network.  The blue light on the controller board is on - I've had to reflash one of them before - but when that happened the S2 never even booted up all the way.

I now the cable and internet connection work because I can hook my laptop up to the same connection and can access the internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

might be a DNS issue, set the miners DNS to 8.8.8.8
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
July 10, 2014, 12:48:32 AM
Are you using static IP address or DHCP on your miners? Is your new router setup the same as the old?

I am sure we can help you, just need more info. Grin
July 10, 2014, 12:35:56 AM
Hi,

I have 3 S2's and they all started having the same problem today.  I had to replace my router and when I installed the new one none of my S2's will connect.  They all boot and the LCD screen displays their internet address, but they never appear on my network.  The blue light on the controller board is on - I've had to reflash one of them before - but when that happened the S2 never even booted up all the way.

I now the cable and internet connection work because I can hook my laptop up to the same connection and can access the internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: