Pages:
Author

Topic: S9 Solo troubleshooting - page 2. (Read 379 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
January 08, 2018, 03:46:25 PM
Bfgminer works fine with the S9. Sounds like you have network or electrical issues. What kind of power are you feeding the S9? What's your network setup?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
January 08, 2018, 10:34:15 AM
Hi,

I was finally able to plug an S9 in after what seems like a long, long time waiting.

I want to mine on the edge, so to speak, i.e. solo, in order to better understand bitcoin at every level, including as much control as possible, including adding transactions on the fly.   

After perusing this forum, am I to understand that as of today in Jan 2018 it is not possible to provide the proxy needed between my bitcoind and the S9?

BFGminer seems to only support S1-S5;  I tried BFGMiner and it worked fine at the start.  I left it as is, but the next morning I saw it had stopped.

Restarting now yields PXY 0 : and 0's all across

It's weird because I know it's connecting to the S9 because the slushpool (backup #1) shows a degradation in hashrate until it goes completely offline - BFGMiner takes control of the S9 away from the pool.  After waiting a few more minutes, slush is 100% dead and BFGMiner shows PXY0 as SICK, and then DEAD.     

The behavior is the same on both Windows and Ubuntu.

Should I stop looking for a solution? 

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: