Pages:
Author

Topic: Sacrificing Decentralization for Scalability - page 2. (Read 515 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
There are many variables to this statement- Decentralization, scalability, protocol security, why sacrifice? Is there a better way to think about it all and what are your thoughts on this?

Yes, an offchain layer on top of Bitcoin. I only speak for myself, but I believe a hub and spoke model for the Lightning Network would be "ok" for more efficiency and scalability.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
What are the examples of those "Centralized Algorithms"?
AFAIK, mining algorithms are designed to decentralize the transaction processing and production of coins in the first place.

What do you mean by "Algorithms that sacrifice decentralization for scalability"?
Easier algos which are more scalable than others can be centralized? I believe, no.
Whenever those powerful adversaries come up with an ASIC that can outperform the masses, the battle of the hashes will still continue, the coin will still be decentralized.
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
What are you opinions on this- Algorithms that sacrifice decentralization for scalability are not ideal, as they increase the attack surface from powerful adversaries.

There are many variables to this statement- Decentralization, scalability, protocol security, why sacrifice? Is there a better way to think about it all and what are your thoughts on this?
Pages:
Jump to: