Pages:
Author

Topic: Safe way to buy my first S7? - page 2. (Read 1017 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
January 11, 2016, 05:05:21 PM
congrats, on your 1st thread / post and stopped being a lurker  Cheesy

But as you know most of the miners are usually bought on this forum using a escrow with trusted rep + symbol in dark green.

So shying away from this forum is at your own risk. I would take the same concept, go google research for escrow services which they are out there in your own state and usually serves more then one location.

Just remember to do your homework, which avoids all your problem.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
January 11, 2016, 04:56:47 PM
     Hey guys long time lurker and first time poster so I'd just like to start off by saying thanks for all the great walkthroughs and threads posted here. I was able to get my first skrypt miners up and running in a few days because of you. So down to business:

I recently came across a pretty good deal on Craigslist for an Antminer S7, which really seems to be the only way to go right now as far as actually making a profit of some sort in the future. The miner ships from Denver, CO and comes with the Bitmain PSU. Now my question is how do I go about paying/receiving this item without getting ripped off. I somewhat trust the seller (He's given me some proof of who he is), but I don't like the fact that we wont be able to meet face to face which is what I usually do if I ever buy anything from Craigslist. To reassure me he offered to be paid half upfront and half COD through UPS.

I haven't tried offering an escrow service by someone here yet because i'm not sure he would be up for it and I'm seriously considering just doing the half now half on delivery option because he most likely wont have the 2 extra units after Wednesday 20th . At least that way i'm not out the full $$$ if this guy does scam me. Any opinions or method's i'm not thinking of that would somewhat protect me? Thanks for all the help.
Pages:
Jump to: