Pages:
Author

Topic: Safest cold storage options currently - page 2. (Read 397 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
August 02, 2019, 09:30:46 PM
Why not use a paper wallet and save it in a secure place? I assume you need to store your funds in a long time and won't touch in on a daily basis. If that's what you want to do then you don't really have to buy a hardware wallet. What you need to make sure is that no one will be able to access your private key/seed, so you need to store it in a secure place. Even if you buy a new HW, you'll probably need to back up the seed to so if the wallet is lost somehow, you can still access your funds. So, if you don't plan on touching your funds once in a while, no need to buy HW imo.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 02, 2019, 07:49:22 PM
I currently have some bitcoin on a ledger nano S, but I find myself increasingly worried about the company just exit scamming (not for any particular reason besides central point of failure). This made me consider other cold storage options, and I'm currently considering a 2-of-3 multi-sig wallet using Electrum. Is there any similar risk doing this with Electrum, or is that mitigated since it is open source? I ordered a Trezor and ColdCard to tinker with, so I'm also considering the basic idea of splitting up funds amongst all hardware wallets, but that feels like it's I'm just increasing my exposure. Losing any satoshis will be painful, irregardless of portion.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: