Pages:
Author

Topic: Safety first before accumulation, a lesson I learnt the hard way - page 3. (Read 352 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 403
It feels so good when one is obsessed with gradually getting hands on sats every week for future Bitcoin holdings, I used to believe that this is the most important thing to do, but I was wrong.

I was able to remember how I have lost some crypto assets to scammers because of my crypto wallet private keys revealing one way or the other, I still remember losing $300 worth of Bitcoin in 2018 and also something similar happened in 2020 and even 2022.

The mistake I made

Every small $$$ was so damn important to me that I only care about buying Bitcoin, i ignored going for a hardware wallet, until I lost $2000 using a software wallet, this was so painful that I got mad and took out some money to purchase my first Hardware wallet, something that I should have bought right from the start.

Do not let the same thing happen to you before you know the importance of having a hardware wallet, I have always known that hardware wallet is the safest but I ignored it, thinking I can't afford it, and I could, but I don't want to leave my accumulation of Bitcoin behind and spend hundreds of dollars on a hardware wallet, few open source hardware wallet are not even up to hundreds of dollars.

If you can accumulate Bitcoin every week or months, brothers and sisters you can afford a hardware wallet, I know you have a goal, to reach 0.3 BTC but mind you, making sure you hold the 0.3BTC securely is the most important thing, don't work hard for scammers to reap your reward, safety first.

I repeat, safety should comes first, if you are a beginner, start saving up for a secured open source hardware wallet now, we are heading into 2024, add this up to your plans if you don't have the money now, the safety of your Bitcoin is what will count in the end, not how much you have accumulated and lost.

Pages:
Jump to: