Pages:
Author

Topic: Sale my old bike and buy bitcoin, what do you think? - page 8. (Read 1469 times)

copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 3
Congratulation for selling your bike to buy bitcoin that is if the bike is not a necessity. If the bike has been taking money from your pocket, then it's time to stalk on bitcoin. You definitely know best.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
I have a feeling that you will not probably regret on what you have decided now. But it also not gives any guarantee that you might have an ROI of what you have invested. If you can wait patiently probably you can gain profit but it needs to wait for an unspecific date or unclear time frame when you can probably get your profit. If you dont need your bike now that is okay, bitcoin is a long term investment and I guess it is worth it.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
Please don't make your decision to keep the bitcoins or not based on other people's opinions. It is ok to read and be aware of other's opinions, but you shouldn't follow them if you understand what I mean. Do your own due diligence and assume responsibility for your actions. If you are a student or you don't have any other form of income it might be a good idea to reap a little bit of the profits to buy yourself a new bike and maybe use it to save time, fuel(assuming you use a car to move from place to place) or even make money by doing delivery for different venues like Uber Eats, Glovo, etc.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 255
I know Bitcoin will do great in future, but never sell your bike for any coins. spend as much which you can afford to lose. However, i think personally, the amount of risk you are taking is low. Bitcoin is the best way to store the value compared to other cryptocurrencies, but I'm not saying you're going to make money, and i'm sure if we see a price surge in one year you'll be looking back at comments like these thinking "They didn't know I was a genius". I seriously hope that it will work for you and when you come back you will either be a millionaire or severely bikeless. either way you will have something to tell us and your kids.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268

I had an old bike and i was purchasing almost two years ago, but one week i have sold my bike and i purchased some bitcoin.
Especially I want holding long time with more patient because i want makes more profitable.
So what do you think ? My decision is worng or right? The upcoming year 2020 give me good profits ??

Notes: basically i am not more expert trading then i keep decision holding is my best way for making more profitable.
Welcome to share your mind.

We cannot conclude anything yet on what may happen on 2020 but on my point of view, I think bitcoin will be able to regain its high value once again. As you have sold your bicycle, you were able to enter bitcoin investment and for me that is a fortunate time since bitcoin's value is currently low at the moment. You really need lots of patience right now as you wait till bitcoin's value rises up so make sure you are always analyzing the market value of it to know if it's best to hold or sell.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

I had an old bike and i was purchasing almost two years ago, but one week i have sold my bike and i purchased some bitcoin.
Especially I want holding long time with more patient because i want makes more profitable.
So what do you think ? My decision is worng or right? The upcoming year 2020 give me good profits ??

Notes: basically i am not more expert trading then i keep decision holding is my best way for making more profitable.

You must not have bought all BTC at one price rather buy at different prices as market is taking dip these days. As members have already said that no one can predict how the crypto market will look in 2020. But if you are going to HODL, there are bright chances that you will be in profit. Since you have bought BTC, there is no point now to ask whether it's good/bad decision, just go with your decision and have faith.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
It's a great idea to sell your old stuff and buy Bitcoin. What are the chances of your old stuff growing in value? Maybe if you have some vintage gadgets and furniture, or some nice collectibles, but normal things that are meant to be used will always lose value. You can't expect to buy a car and get 10% more for it in a few years unless it's a vintage camaro from the 70s or something even older. Sell all your old electronics, books, toys and get Bitcoin. You'll see in a few years that it was a great idea.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 516
Funny first thread. Now they dont know if it will go up in 2020 but they were quiet in the 2018 bear market and took good profit when it made 4x in 2019. They only want to have the share of the cake this around again, am not saying 2020 will give a good run but we expect the market to stabilize and get the bull prepared. Do what you got to do, those with inside information wont reveal except you are with the  good ones but load your bag at this price
Activity: 714
Merit: 254
It's you who can answer your own question. Sooner you'll know whether it is a good decision or not but I can say that since the bike was already old, and if doesn't have that much sentimental value, it's a good decision. You sold your old bike to buy bitcoin. Just wait some time and maybe sooner or later you can buy a new bike.

Correct, it's up to him what's his priority in his life, if he thinks that crypto is worth it compare to his bike then so be it, he should be ready with the consequence, besides, it's just a bike and he can still buy more of it in the future, but the opportunity to buy Bitcoin now while its too low will be a life changing if he will hold and accumulate more of it. 
Activity: 728
It's you who can answer your own question. Sooner you'll know whether it is a good decision or not but I can say that since the bike was already old, and if doesn't have that much sentimental value, it's a good decision. You sold your old bike to buy bitcoin. Just wait some time and maybe sooner or later you can buy a new bike.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
We all are hoping to make our dream come true with bitcoin. In the beginning of my crypto life I had sold my old computer and stuff to buy more bitcoin, by doing long term holding I am in profit right now but we are hoping big and 2020 may be the year for us.
Activity: 987
it's really hard to make a forward-looking prediction about bitcoin. but I am one of those who thinks it will rise. With halving I think you will enter the upward trend again.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 596
When life gets hard BUY Bitcoin!
OP seems already sold his bike, so all he can do now is simply hold or try to learn trading to make it grow especially at time the market dump. It's good to sell our own things we don't need or use that borrow and be in debt  just to buy BTC. I think it's a good decision to push through next time is to sgufy trading to more chances of earning.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150
~snip
I do not want to say that the decision you made is wrong and also I will not say it is the right thing to do. You have made a decision where you have considered all types of risks that you will experience after buying some bitcoin.

Hoping that something good after you make a decision is natural, but you have invested it in one thing that many people might think differently from you. But rest assured, someone will get a better experience if they dare to take big risks in their investment. I think you will get the results if you manage to hold it for a long time.
Activity: 868
Merit: 104
Chill my friend and wait for the right time, you will realize that your decision was not wrong. Although any investment can't give you guaranteed profit but investment made in high probability trades give you bright chances of being profitable, Bitcoin is one of the high probability investment. The same time keep yourself prepared if any loss occurs. Bitcoin has already experienced a bear trend in 2018-2019 now its trading in range for quite sometime, hope for a good bull run now.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Last year, i have found this type of topic where a person sold his house and bought BTC. He is now in huge losses.
I think that was in 2017 or 2018 at the latest, when bitcoin was on a tear.  You're probably right about his losses, though, and I don't think he ever followed up on what he did with his bitcoin.  I can't remember if the guy actually sold his house or whether he was just thinking about it, but I do remember the thread.

As for selling this bike of OP's:  Is this a motor bike or bicycle?  If it's a bicycle that you never ride (like a lot of people who want to get in shape that way but can't find the motivation), I'd say go ahead and sell it.  If it's a motor bike, I'd probably hold onto it unless there's a real reason you want to sell it--and none of those things have to do with what bitcoin might do; they're just my feelings about selling things in general.  But if you really don't need either one, it might be more fun if you had a bunch of bitcoin instead of an item that you're not using, right?

Actually looking at things display in my cabinet now and realizing they will not have value soon makes me wanna sell them too.
I hear you.  One of the first things I did when I joined this forum was to try to sell a few old Nintendo games for bitcoin.  They didn't sell, but I figured since they were just taking up space and gathering dust, I'd rather rid myself of them and have bitcoin instead.  People don't tend to want to part with their bitcoin for old games, that's one thing I learned early on here.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439

since this is your old bikes meaning you can afford of losing right?if thats the point then you have made a best decision of your life.
you have sold the bike before becoming rusted and lower the value soon,while in Bitcoin the chance of gaining the longer it gets.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
If you don't need that bike anymore, your decision is right.
There is a time that we need to sacrifice something for the right thing. And what you did is actually the best thing you can do. Keeping your bike for a long time without a used is seems to be helpless but rather sell it for Bitcoin is a more practical thing but with benefits.

Actually looking at things display in my cabinet now and realizing they will not have value soon makes me wanna sell them too. If we don't use or need them now then better sell and make it as investment that we know and hope will increase in time. Better have investments than putting in a garage to get rust with no value. But if OP uses it as primary means of his transportation or for exercises then it might not a good decision. All depends on it's usefulness in our living.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
If you don't need that bike anymore, your decision is right.
There is a time that we need to sacrifice something for the right thing. And what you did is actually the best thing you can do. Keeping your bike for a long time without a used is seems to be helpless but rather sell it for Bitcoin is a more practical thing but with benefits.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
It will all depends on yourself. I mean, make investment in anything must know the risk and people will said that use money that you afford to lose. But if see from old bike that you said, maybe it can be worth although no one know where price of bitcoin will go but bike and car usually not really good as investment, beside cost to maintain it, the price of bike and cars usually keep get down. And it will be better to change to investment that maybe more profitable.

Exactly, if that is what he aims then I would definitely be at his side and would agree with his decision, because bike is something that we can live without, so if ever you lost in Bitcoin then you only lose your bike which you can still buy as you can still save money and be able to afford it, what I don't like most is that people are selling their properties for Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: