Pages:
Author

Topic: [SALES OPEN] [SIDEHACK STICK] Official sales thread for Europe - page 4. (Read 10480 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1007
Oh, is it possible to order a stick without VAT? Of course with a valid EU VAT number of course, but is that possible?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I'm probably one of the few people that wishes the US had more import taxes. As inconvenient as it would be, that would help shift supply toward domestic production and ease government reliance on income taxes for funding. Sounds like a win for wage-earners to me. And anything to help stem the 5/1 trade defecit we have with China is okay with me.
legendary
If MacEntyre wasn't manufacturing PCBs and all parts placement in Europe but sending it to China instead, I would not have licensed the design to him.

I'll sell to folks in Europe (now with his blessing) but I will not lie on the customs forms.

The substantial price difference attributed to our in-house assembly explains why we're broke all the time. Low margins. I didn't realize his cost would be that much different. It's pretty surprising.

I used to tear down new mac minis back in 2006-2009 the white plastic top models.  I sold a lot to Europe and to Israel  over time shipping overseas became more difficult and costly. UK rules got worse US post office rules got worse and basically I ended my mac mini upgrade business first over seas and now in the usa.  Unfortunately Europeans pay a lot for vat and import. 

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
If MacEntyre wasn't manufacturing PCBs and all parts placement in Europe but sending it to China instead, I would not have licensed the design to him.

I'll sell to folks in Europe (now with his blessing) but I will not lie on the customs forms.

The substantial price difference attributed to our in-house assembly explains why we're broke all the time. Low margins. I didn't realize his cost would be that much different. It's pretty surprising.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 71
Merit: 13
Just wanted to know what makes up for the difference in price between the US made ones and these. I assume it's not only the heatsink Smiley Probably the US ones are without VAT? So that would bring it down to 40 each?

I'm interested in a few to play with but theres a bit of a gap between both sides of the lake Wink

I expected exactly this question. I even thought about adding a statement in the original post. Then I decided to start a stopwatch and see how long it takes until the question comes.
The main reasons for the price difference are:

• VAT of 19%
  • Parts cost: (I didn't replace quality parts from sidehack's parts list with cheaper equivalents. Quality first. Just for example: only parts cost (without ASICs, PCB, Screws and Heat sink) are 10 EUR (+ VAT). For small lots like the 800 one doesn't get much discount. Significant discounts start from quantities > 3000.
  • Manufacturing in EU: The biggest advantage of GekkoScience is: they manufacture by themselves. This is indeed the biggest cost factor, programming, stencils, pick & place, setup costs. Btw. I refuse to order PCB and assembly in China. Why? Quality first and I strongly believe that we have enough problems in EU which we don't solve if we order cheap and even cheaper crap in China. Stencils are from France, Heat sinks from a reseller in Italy (originally from Japan), as well as PP boxes.
  • Including shipping: Shipping of 1-3 pcs. is ~ 9,79 EUR to most EU countries. Pick and place fee + volume charge + country charge.

The price is fair, I simply can't keep pace with GekkoScience's in-house production (and the VAT factor, of course).

I bet that you don't get it in hand for 49,95 EUR if you import it by yourself from the US: International shipping charge, customs, customs declaration service of the shipper, import sales tax and all the paperwork and mess around. I did it some times in the past and it was always a mess and made a 30$ product a 70 EUR experience in hand (and I had a much better dollar rate then).

If you think you can do it cheaper (under the same conditions) - do it and then come back and we discuss it.
If you think that you can import it for less that 49,95 - do it! I won't nail sidehack on a cross if he'll ship some of the original GekkoScience batch ones to customer in EU.
legendary
Just wanted to know what makes up for the difference in price between the US made ones and these. I assume it's not only the heatsink Smiley Probably the US ones are without VAT? So that would bring it down to 40 each?

I'm interested in a few to play with but theres a bit of a gap between both sides of the lake Wink
legendary
nice good luck.

https://www.bitshopper.de/shop/usb-miner-bitcoin-en/gekkoscience-compac/

will it have more photos with heat sink etc?

Thanks. As soon as the heat sinks will arrive, I'll provide some updated imagery. Shipment of the heat sinks is expected around August 7.

looking forward to it.  I had I lot of the ice fury sticks I always liked the look of them.
nice good luck.

https://www.bitshopper.de/shop/usb-miner-bitcoin-en/gekkoscience-compac/

will it have more photos with heat sink etc?

Thanks. As soon as the heat sinks will arrive, I'll provide some updated imagery. Shipment of the heat sinks is expected around August 7.
legendary
Sales is finally open now.

After a delay of almost two months I have the first batch available. Sales is open via https://www.bitshopper.de and in a few days as well via Amazon Europe (DE, UK, FR, ES, IT).

The price via Amazon will be slightly higher compared to the one in our webshop in order to cover Amazon's commission.

To qualify for free shipping, use the following coupon when ordering via the webshop: bitxo-compac-free-shipping-2015

First of all, I am not a Newbie in this forum even if I do only have a few posts. As long as PMs do not count I probably will never get another status.

I made an arrangement with sidehack from GekkoScience to license his Compac design for manufacturing and sales in Europe.

Everything is ordered or in production so it's time to make an official annoucement for sidehack's 8-16GH BM1384 USB Stick Miner sales in Europe.

This is the topic I am talking about:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gekkoscience-bm1384-project-development-discussion-995675

Officially tested and approved by some serious forum members:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11817067

I'll offer the GekkoScience BM1384 USB stick miner first via https://www.bitshopper.de and later proably as well on Amazon Europe (DE, UK, FR, ES, IT).

What's the difference to GekkoScience's original stick:
  • it's manufactured in Europe (incl. PCB) and comes completely in black with a white custom labeling to cover EU legal requisites (CE & WEEE)
  • it comes with a different heat sink with a smaller footprint but providing a very low thermal resistance from 17.8 °C/W (natural convection) up to 3.5 °C/W (at an airflow velocity of 4 m/s). The same type which successfully transferred heat from the six chip NanoFury NF6.

The stick will be sold for 49,95 EUR including shipping to the following countries:

• Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Germany
  • Denmark
  • Estland
  • Finnland
  • France
  • Greece
  • Hungaria
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxemburg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Sweden
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom

To qualify for free shipping, use the following coupon when ordering via the webshop: bitxo-compac-free-shipping-2015

Buyers in Switzerland and Liechtenstein don't have to pay VAT but have to cover shipping cost and customs clearing, which is 15,79 EUR. The shipping procedure outside the EU is "delivered duty unpaid" (DDU). This means that the carrier will charge customs duties, VAT and customs clearance fees directly when they deliver the parcel.

Sales will start around August 25, 2015 if everything will arrive in time. Product will be unlocked in the shop when everything will be ready. I don't take preorders or advance payment. I'll finance everything in advance by myself.

Shipping will be performed by Amazon as fulfilment provider - don't wonder if you receive a parcel from Amazon even if ordered via webshop.

So far for the moment - feel free to PM me if you have further questions.
Pages:
Jump to: