Pages:
Author

Topic: Samsung S10 crypto wallet - page 4. (Read 1176 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 24, 2019, 05:50:06 AM
I would wager it's just regular cryptocurrency wallet just like Coinbase where user don't have control over their key (even if the leaked image showed otherwise) or have fancy features such as ShapeShift to convert coin easily and built-in store/3rd party store. Cryptocurrency isn't that popular to the point where Samsung bother make hardware-parts just for Cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
January 24, 2019, 04:37:00 AM
p.s. it is also pretty weird that the image is showing "bitcoin" symbol in the wallet alone but the popup message says "supported cryptocurrencies: ETH"!

Yeah, this is what most confusing tbh. It seems the leaks come from a tweet of somebody who gets a special first look at Samsung S10, CCN also reports the same thing[1]. Anyway, I don't buy and use Samsung, Electrum or Core is my choice!

[1] https://www.ccn.com/samsung-galaxy-s10-bitcoin-wallet-leaked-by-insider-is-it-official/

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
January 24, 2019, 12:48:00 AM
that picture doesn't really prove anything though! it might be another advertisement technique that Samsung is using to say their phones are powerful like the one they did last year where they took old phones back for recycling, attached them together instead and started mining bitcoin with it!

p.s. it is also pretty weird that the image is showing "bitcoin" symbol in the wallet alone but the popup message says "supported cryptocurrencies: ETH"!
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
January 23, 2019, 11:55:06 PM
Interesting. If I had to bed, I would bet on it being a hoax. To me Samsung is too big to officially support crypto. It may be just a clickbait article.

Have you checked the Twitter link? It shows a snapshot of Samsung Blockchain private key management or something like that. Looks like it only support ETH at this moment. I doubt it was faked.

I don't really think it is necessary tbh, there are many wallet apps on play store which can be downloaded anytime. On top of that, I wonder will the new user really understand how to secure their pkey in a short amount of time if there's no proper guide. We don't know the source code too so it's hard to determine how secure this integrated crypto wallet from Samsung.

Anyway, I'd not risk my pkey by putting it on my phone.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
January 23, 2019, 10:56:30 PM
Interesting. If I had to bed, I would bet on it being a hoax. To me Samsung is too big to officially support crypto. It may be just a clickbait article.

If it turns out true, it's good news. Beside the point that storing bitcoin on your phone is dumb (at least any relevant amounts) and Samsung promoting altcoins will just lead to indirectly promoting scams, ultimately the net result I would say is rather positive for Bitcoin if it ends up being real. Everyone will have by default a Bitcoin wallet, at least a small % of these ones will be bright enough to learn at a deeper lever about Bitcoin, that's something positive.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
January 23, 2019, 05:53:38 PM
https://twitter.com/mweinbachxda/status/1088102644386881537?s=21

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s10-will-hand-cryptocurrency-massive-boost-2019-3649742

Who knows whether this is the real deal or not but there've certainly been enough rumbles about this over time.

I presume there must be some sort of secure element in there. Going on their track record of rapidly getting bored of updating their products, have they truly thought this through? This isn't just another shitty app. There might be a lot of user money on the line.
Pages:
Jump to: