Pages:
Author

Topic: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 8GB Ether Hashrate - page 2. (Read 15403 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
I understand what you all are saying, some chips can't clock as high as others; but I would think the same chip at the same clock rate with the same memory and timings should perform the same.
No, there will be always some % difference but not much. Let's say one has 30MH/s the other would have 30.5MH/s and third have 29.5MH/s... There are some really bad cards, but the chance you will have it is almost 0.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I understand what you all are saying, some chips can't clock as high as others; but I would think the same chip at the same clock rate with the same memory and timings should perform the same.

And experience dealing with multiple GPUs of the same brand and model, no that is not as true as you would hope to believe.
Activity: 155
Merit: 11
Two words: Performance timings.

A few more words... NOT ALL CHIPS ARE BINNED EQUALLY!

I have been lucky enough to come across SEVERAL Sapphire boards from all generations since the 7000 series that were GOLD chips... always clocked and mined higher than almost any posts you find here.

But this year has shown me that luck will not always be there.

We own 9 R9 390 OC Nitros and 3 of them run like screaming demons covered in permafrost at 33+MH/s on ETH and 29+ with 430 on PASC dual mining @ 1200/1800. 4 run average and stick at or just under 70C and above average OC/hashrate, can get 1175/1750 stable and 32+ or 28/425 dual. 2 are just fucking scary and I cant keep their temps low or clock them up at all... even for basic gaming. They went into the kids PCs to hash alone when not in use but still get close to 80C in the A/C ugh, they keep stock temps and zero extra power and still hit 28MH/s and 26/375 dual. On ZCASH, they run cooler but only get a little over 400 sols/s which is not as profitable.

We own 3 EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 TI FE cards and two of them act like they do not know what 70C even is... hash at ~750 sols/s each. The third is scary though, and it runs 10C hotter than the other two. All three were purchased at the same time and arrived at the same time but 1 was definitely a lower binned chip. It hashes slower when compared to the other two, even when I run it in the direct A/C and keep it under 75C.

Sometimes, some cards of the same version are just better than others. That is what binning is for... to find the best chips for each tier of card being produced.
I'm not talking about R9 series...
I won't even bother to react on this.

Just say that every card hashrates can be improved only with performance timings. Copying straps isn't the way! And properly mod bios can make it a lot better.

The R9 was just my recent example. It applies to all GPU chips.
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

I have been lucky enough to come across SEVERAL Sapphire boards from all generations since the 7000 series that were GOLD chips... always clocked and mined higher than almost any posts you find here.

We own 9 R9 390 OC Nitros and 3 of them run like screaming demons covered in permafrost at 33+MH/s on ETH and 29+ with 430 on PASC dual mining @ 1200/1800. 4 run average and stick at or just under 70C and above average OC/hashrate, can get 1175/1750 stable and 32+ or 28/425 dual. 2 are just fucking scary and I cant keep their temps low or clock them up at all... even for basic gaming. They went into the kids PCs to hash alone when not in use but still get close to 80C in the A/C ugh, they keep stock temps and zero extra power and still hit 28MH/s and 26/375 dual. On ZCASH, they run cooler but only get a little over 400 sols/s which is not as profitable.

We own 3 EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 TI FE cards and two of them act like they do not know what 70C even is... hash at ~750 sols/s each. The third is scary though, and it runs 10C hotter than the other two. All three were purchased at the same time and arrived at the same time but 1 was definitely a lower binned chip. It hashes slower when compared to the other two, even when I run it in the direct A/C and keep it under 75C.

Sometimes, some cards of the same version are just better than others. That is what binning is for... to find the best chips for each tier of card being produced.
I'm not talking about R9 series...
I won't even bother to react on this.

Just say that every card hashrates can be improved only with performance timings. Copying straps isn't the way! And properly mod bios can make it a lot better.

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
I'm mining with this card (Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 8GB, Micron's memmory) at 26.8 MH/s.
I can't get more higher speed althrough overclocked (1133/2175) and modded (copy 2:2000 to 2:2250 and 2:1750 to 2:2000 timing strap)
Any ideals?

That's actually what I'm getting now, after I saw GPU memory errors in HWInfo popping up. Backed down to 2100MHz and that's where I'm running it now, get's 1 or 2 memory errors a day and 26.8MH/s.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I'm mining with this card (Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 8GB, Micron's memmory) at 26.8 MH/s.
I can't get more higher speed althrough overclocked (1133/2175) and modded (copy 2:2000 to 2:2250 and 2:1750 to 2:2000 timing strap)
Any ideals?
I just flashed back to original BIOS and I am getting the same hashrate when overclocking memory 27MH/s on original BIOS. Is this normal?
So I got my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 8GB (Micron) in yesterday and after watching this video (http://curvetube.com/BIOS_Mod_Sapphire_Pulse_RX570_8G_MICRON_for_Ethereum_AMD_Radeon_GPU_Mining/HYh3H3-OOHA.video) I was able to change the straps to 1750. I know he's using the PULSE, but from what I can tell the PULSE is the same card but with only a single 8-pin and lower core clock. He's getting higher hashrate from the simple changing of the straps. He's getting 29MH/s while I'm only getting 27MH/s even at the same memory clock of 2175MHz, I can't get to 28MH/s.

That's funny because all my other RX4xx/5xx cards are 4GB and none can go over 2000MHz without memory errors yet they can all do 27MH/s with 1750 straps. I also tried using Anorak's Samsung Micron memshift 1500 but crashed the system when I OC'd to 2000MHz memory, never seeing 27MH/s. https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx-570-nitro/5332

I'd like to think at 2175MHz this card could get 29MH/s. Any help would be appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: