Pages:
Author

Topic: SAPPHIRE Solutions will Support C32/Cuckatoo 32 - page 2. (Read 786 times)

Activity: 703
Merit: 272
Radeon VII has 16GB of RAM, that should be the 1st choice for developing a GRIN mining soft

The reason we developed the 570 card was because it offers a more affordable solution for people to use. With a lower cost, lower power draw and that fact that the 470/570 has been overall one of the most efficient mining chips out this is a great product for those looking for a more cost effective solution.

That's not accurate.  My VII does 4.59 at 160 watts on Grin29.  Sounds to me to be more efficient.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
No, the price makes it totally uninteresting compared to the VII.

Once grin gets to ASICs, VII will still have well enough computing power for other cryptos (on cryptonight 1 variant 8 it's amost 3 times the 570 HR), 570 will get smashed by Navi.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Radeon VII has 16GB of RAM, that should be the 1st choice for developing a GRIN mining soft

The reason we developed the 570 card was because it offers a more affordable solution for people to use. With a lower cost, lower power draw and that fact that the 470/570 has been overall one of the most efficient mining chips out this is a great product for those looking for a more cost effective solution.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Metroid: for GRIN COIN, the use of GPUs is the only source of mining right now and our 570 16GB card is the lowest cost card that can efficiently mine C31 for GRIN. So there are still some buying GPUs for mining.

Thank you for the reply, please do keep in mind my suggestion, increasing the warrant would help in this market on selected gpus, aside from that, I know you guys can't do much other than what you are already doing, sincerely and to point it out, is a great initiative, Sapphire is not an Nvidia partner and as such the next amd's best thing is Navi and I think a plan on how to tackle the mining business with it is in progress. I do hope you guys as 1st amd partner can find ways to compete x nvidia cause the way things are, nvidia is winning and this market is only at the beginning as I sure think you at sapphire are well aware of it.
So a few replies...

Metroid: for GRIN COIN, the use of GPUs is the only source of mining right now and our 570 16GB card is the lowest cost card that can efficiently mine C31 for GRIN. So there are still some buying GPUs for mining.

Lunobird, I will pass your request along. The 570 is an older chip but a tried and true efficient miner.

Badbart, ASICs are still a ways out and even then might not be as cost effective, especially with the planned branch coming up that changes the mining to C32.
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
Isn't ansd ASIC coming?  What are they thinking?
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
Would be nice to see cards that are not fpga but built specifically for mining but has titan rtx or higher performance.

16 gb high memory bandwidth is good.
570 chipset is so outdated and slow on clocks.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Unnecessary hype, you trolls at sapphire should focus on increasing the rma to at least 6 years, nobody will buy gpus for mining anymore, return of investment right now is over 4400 days, that is almost 13 years.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30&p=130&fee=3&cost=0.1&hcost=199&commit=Calculate
After being the first to market with the SAPPHIRE RX 570 16GB HDMI Blockchain Graphics Card specially designed for the GRIN Community. SAPPHIRE is first again with the only Grin solution that will support Cuckatoo 32 protocol as a result of the recent update to the ePIC Boost Miner software and in preparation for Grin migrating to C32 in January 2020.

Updated ePIC Boost software drivers are now available to download here: https://gpuminer.sapphiretech.com/software/

Pages:
Jump to: