Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi Airdrops 1 Million BTC to the Poor - page 2. (Read 3531 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
February 07, 2016, 12:53:16 PM

Bitcoin decentralizes the trust and decentralizes the creation of money,
but it was never intended to redistribute wealth.

I can agree if 'intended' means = not written down.

I came to this because

A: He called me up

B: I was reading between the lines

C: Does not matter

Find consensus herein....

Proof is in the pudding.

If Satoshi wants to distribute his 1M BTC
he will.

If he doesn't want to, he won't.

hv_
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
February 07, 2016, 12:27:44 PM

I can agree if 'intended' means = not written down.

I came to this because

A: He called me up

B: I was reading between the lines

C: Does not matter

Find consensus herein....
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
February 07, 2016, 12:10:33 PM
According to what one of the goals of bitcoin should be - decentralize also the wealth, do you think that's happening?

Where did you get that idea from? 

Right.

OP, I think you misunderstand what Bitcoin is about as far as "Decentralize the wealth".

What exactly are we decentralizing?

Activity: 297
Merit: 100
February 07, 2016, 11:59:41 AM
The satoshi bitcoins are out of the circulation now in a way, he/she is not active and the coins in these addresses are most likely out forever, also if they were given to people then the overall price will decrease "if you look at it like that"
hv_
legendary
Clean Code and Scale
February 07, 2016, 09:11:10 AM
But the poor though doesn't have Internet, mobile phones and laptops to make some use out of bitcoin.

The first guy at lowest level in a small village, feeling really responsible for his folks due to skin in the game - might have that - that's your man.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 07, 2016, 08:59:04 AM
But the poor though doesn't have Internet, mobile phones and laptops to make some use out of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
February 07, 2016, 08:21:09 AM
Let's put all Bitcoins in one pot and when someone needs he can simply take some out.
Based on trust  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
February 07, 2016, 07:46:51 AM
recent analysis show that satoshi might hold a considerable less amount of coin, around only 200k

the 1M coins was an overestimation, so your idea might have a less impact
So after all premine is 1.05%?
I thought that alts with 1% premine are bad!?
How we can believe in bitcoin if someone with nickname Satoshi has almost 1 % of all coins and more than 2% of all mined till now?
Or i missing something?

it's not a premine, since 1) no one knew about bitcoin before, and two it was for supporting the network

you can not compare to altcoin, because altcoin are announced to a greater user base from the beginning
Activity: 476
February 07, 2016, 06:50:28 AM
recent analysis show that satoshi might hold a considerable less amount of coin, around only 200k

the 1M coins was an overestimation, so your idea might have a less impact
So after all premine is 1.05%?
I thought that alts with 1% premine are bad!?
How we can believe in bitcoin if someone with nickname Satoshi has almost 1 % of all coins and more than 2% of all mined till now?
Or i missing something?
Activity: 252
February 07, 2016, 06:19:47 AM
One of the issues it would be how to teach the poor people to use BTC... I mean its' not as easy as having real cash anyway
yes i'm agree with that,introducing bitcoin to general or rich people is not easy and wasting time,how about poor people?its tottaly more hard i think,but if we give them giveaway first,its not too hard,have somebody try it?
hv_
legendary
Clean Code and Scale
February 07, 2016, 05:56:26 AM

... "venturing into more complex ideas" ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29479

legendary
Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002
February 07, 2016, 05:31:46 AM
BTC are not free coupons or free money. Anyone of us earned them one way or another in different ways and I think that's okay. Nothing like this should ever be free, it needs to be earned. That is the way of having a fair distribution.

Bitcoin like any other money might be given for free to the poor, that's a normal thing, we should help each other. But no way this practic should prevail over earning Bitcoins because this would be the end of it.

I see it this way, as many states, countries or whatsoever what we have in this world, this is how many cryptocurrencies we should have and btc will be a link between. What will people choose as their main currency will be define by their current state.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
February 07, 2016, 05:18:47 AM
One of the issues it would be how to teach the poor people to use BTC... I mean its' not as easy as having real cash anyway
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
February 07, 2016, 05:15:46 AM
BTC are not free coupons or free money. Anyone of us earned them one way or another in different ways and I think that's okay. Nothing like this should ever be free, it needs to be earned. That is the way of having a fair distribution.

Bitcoin like any other money might be given for free to the poor, that's a normal thing, we should help each other. But no way this practic should prevail over earning Bitcoins because this would be the end of it.
hv_
legendary
Clean Code and Scale
February 07, 2016, 04:46:41 AM
If he does still have the access to those 1 million BTC it would be very interesting... If he airdrops it that would be even greater, however the price will drop since the poor people will be looking to by food/shelter etc., and they'll try to dump the coins as fast as possible  Undecided

Price - read upthread.

Does that formulars down hold ?

Distribute Information = INTERNET

Distribute Money = BITCOIN

Distribute Weatlh = work(INTERNET, BITCOIN)

Fun = ?

Activity: 343
Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz
February 07, 2016, 04:36:34 AM
If he does still have the access to those 1 million BTC it would be very interesting... If he airdrops it that would be even greater, however the price will drop since the poor people will be looking to by food/shelter etc., and they'll try to dump the coins as fast as possible  Undecided
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 07, 2016, 04:24:22 AM
Well, the thought of that does sound indeed interesting. Not to mention charitable. I feel as though Satoshi could come back to Bitcoin any time now. I do believe he was staying out of the public eye to just focus on himself, which is perfectly fine. I do not have much of an issue with people trying to recover from fame or an excessive amount of fortune and success.
hv_
legendary
Clean Code and Scale
February 07, 2016, 04:18:40 AM
Poverty are not eliminated by throwing money at the problem. I always come back to the saying.... If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day.. if you teach him how

to fish, you feed him for life. I think Satoshi's goal with this, might have been to give people the tool, to reduce poverty. In most countries people are to poor to open

bank accounts... banks are simply not interested in doing business with poor people. Bitcoin enable people to open their own bank accounts for free and it has virtually

zero fees. This will open doors for them, that was previously shut for them or might have been too expensive.  
I don't see how Bitcoin itself would be a tool to reduce poverty? I mean, you'd need a pretty big initial investment to be profitable mining and you won't get any free bitcoins anywhere.

In terms of 'do work' - I fully agree (read upthread)
I also agree in terms of give away the pure fish / money - that never helps isolated.
Further I also agree, that there is minimum required:  smartphone...

But let's think in more dimensions - that's what internet and Bitcoin are to me - they now get a chance to finally do some learning & work (due to information & money). This new stufff might be the ONLY infrastructure they will ever have and let them do work & come out of the sh..t.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
February 06, 2016, 04:26:40 PM
Poverty are not eliminated by throwing money at the problem. I always come back to the saying.... If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day.. if you teach him how

to fish, you feed him for life. I think Satoshi's goal with this, might have been to give people the tool, to reduce poverty. In most countries people are to poor to open

bank accounts... banks are simply not interested in doing business with poor people. Bitcoin enable people to open their own bank accounts for free and it has virtually

zero fees. This will open doors for them, that was previously shut for them or might have been too expensive. 
I don't see how Bitcoin itself would be a tool to reduce poverty? I mean, you'd need a pretty big initial investment to be profitable mining and you won't get any free bitcoins anywhere.
Activity: 249
February 06, 2016, 04:14:15 PM
If Satoshi gave away 1M btc or any amount for that matter to the actual poor they would be sold for cash fairly quickly. Studies show (like new housing projects for example) just giving things away when no personal sacrifice is made leads to abuse, waste and returning to square one.

BTC for work, time, charity perhaps but just give to the poor straight off, no.

Secondly the poor will always be among us. It does not mean do not help the poor eat and have shelter but giving away btc, no.
Pages:
Jump to: