Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi probably started a new coin. - page 3. (Read 2468 times)

Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
July 03, 2015, 03:36:26 AM
Too many LOLs in your post, but anyway....

1. Satoshi lost his keys during development... while bitcoin was still worthless.
2. Satoshi got depressed, because bitcoin not worth anything to him anymore... he couldn't mine anymore because of the difficulty increase.
3. Start a new coin... and mine it early to get rich once again ! LOL.

1. Satoshi was smart and intelligent enough to invent Bitcoin. Surely he can handle wallet backups and secure his private keys? This is a no-brainer.
2. Point doesn't stand because point 1 doesn't stand.
3. Bytecoin? Cheesy  Remember the bug that created 184 Billion Bitcoins? Now Bytecoin has 184 Billion total coin supply. Probably Satoshi wanted to give a subtle sign that he was working on Bytecoin now? /JOKE

Wonder how many will look into this hint of bytecoin (you never know about them jokes, sometimes they have meaning to them), not many people can see past all the 1000's of alternative's over the years (most of the originals have a set purpose though, scrypt & many other algorithms)? Depending on how much time one spends on learning this new world of crypto (knowledge is key), seeing the world is not just Windows & Mac/Apple anymore. We now have 100's of Operating Systems, several web browsers, millions of applications & many more things that I could go into detail on... I'm just an uneducated nobody though (Autodidacticism), took over a year (16+ hours a day, 7 days a week of just doing research) in crypto to actually see that it will change the world (look past all the bad news, you'll see more good things it can change)...

// 8 bits = 1 byte ~ pixels

https://web.stanford.edu/class/cs101/bits-bytes.html

First PC ever build piece by piece (over 10 years ago), bought the spare parts from Bits&Bytes Cool
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
July 03, 2015, 03:17:44 AM
i guess he started Litecoin after Bitcoin  Tongue  ...then Satoshi would be.... Cha... Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
July 03, 2015, 03:01:56 AM

So if bitcoin not worth anything to him anymore, why he will bother with mining.

Regards
You could ask all the miners who started in 2010-2011 , bitcoin was worth next to nothing back then, most were just fasinatation with the technolpgy and .
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
July 03, 2015, 02:42:46 AM
I wanted to post this before... but I forgot my password, and password reset wasn't working lol... maybe because of forum hack... but anyway.. now it's working again and I am glad I can post again...

Cause I did want to share my thought with you on this... perhaps this theory/hypothesis has already been discussed exactly like this or perhaps not but here goes:

So I think I know who Satoshi might be, all I have to do is think "What would I do if I were him ?" since I am a developer too, so I can think a little bit like him, the story probably goes as follows:

1. Satoshi lost his keys during development... while bitcoin was still worthless.

2. Satoshi got depressed, because bitcoin not worth anything to him anymore... he couldn't mine anymore because of the difficulty increase.

So the next logical thing for him to do is:

PROBLEM SOLVED ! LOL.

And indeed... Satoshi did seem to leave bitcoin....

So the question is which new/alternate coin is he now in ?

Maybe litecoin... or maybe a coin in the future ! Wink =D

Bye,
  Skytoshi ! =D

Litecoin or namecoin are the first 2 other alts right, litecoin would make him Charles Lee wouldnt it?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
July 03, 2015, 02:25:47 AM
Some people were thinking he might be the Spreadcoin dev. The funny thing is, the Spreadcoin dev, (Mr. Spread) actually lost his private keys to 80k of Spreadcoin. Then he got donations and kept developing. Then he suddenly left. Just like Satoshi! (sort of)
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001
https://www.zebpay.com
July 03, 2015, 02:10:06 AM

So if bitcoin not worth anything to him anymore, why he will bother with mining.

Anyway, you have got enough ammo for awesome weekend, go and write the latest "Satoshi - My experiments with alt coins and Bitcointalk ALT section" It would be instant hit for sure.

Thanks for luls Smiley

Regards
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
July 03, 2015, 01:55:48 AM

I had a hunch about this once...

In 2010, Satoshi said he was "venturing into more complex ideas"
It's funny to think that Satoshi is probably working on some altcoin/bitcoin 2.0 project right now, but I think it's true.

sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
July 03, 2015, 01:47:59 AM
Too many LOLs in your post, but anyway....

1. Satoshi was smart and intelligent enough to invent Bitcoin. Surely he can handle wallet backups and secure his private keys? This is a no-brainer.
2. Point doesn't stand because point 1 doesn't stand.
3. Bytecoin? Cheesy  Remember the bug that created 184 Billion Bitcoins? Now Bytecoin has 184 Billion total coin supply. Probably Satoshi wanted to give a subtle sign that he was working on Bytecoin now? /JOKE
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
July 03, 2015, 01:45:20 AM
If that was true, the other developers would have picked up on it already. They studied his style of coding and even labeled it as being "messy" For this reason, about 80% {not sure of this %} of his original coding in the protocol was replaced/re-coded.

If he started a new coin, it would have been up there with the best of them, and it would be very unique not a copy cat version of the Bitcoin protocol.

I just think he got sick of the internal politics and scared when Gavin approached the 3 letter Agencies. He made a good dicision, because a central figure head, would have been chopped off quickly, if the governments and the banks knew his identity.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
July 03, 2015, 01:40:18 AM
I don't beleive in this theory.. Maybe he got involved in some altcoin somehow under a different synonym, but I don't think he would start one to get rich..

Also I don't think he would lose the keys to ALL of his wallets now would he?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
July 03, 2015, 01:26:21 AM
If he is as smart as people claim to be:
1) Wouldn't ever happen (he claimed himself that people should never delete wallets)
2) Gets countered by point 1)
3) That's not a logical thing at all.

If he really is as smart as people think, he would never touch an altcoin.
Activity: 384
Merit: 110
July 03, 2015, 01:00:37 AM
I wanted to post this before... but I forgot my password, and password reset wasn't working lol... maybe because of forum hack... but anyway.. now it's working again and I am glad I can post again...

Cause I did want to share my thought with you on this... perhaps this theory/hypothesis has already been discussed exactly like this or perhaps not but here goes:

So I think I know who Satoshi might be, all I have to do is think "What would I do if I were him ?" since I am a developer too, so I can think a little bit like him, the story probably goes as follows:

So the next logical thing for him to do is:

PROBLEM SOLVED ! LOL.

And indeed... Satoshi did seem to leave bitcoin....

Maybe litecoin... or maybe a coin in the future ! Wink =D

Bye,
  Skytoshi ! =D
Pages:
Jump to: