Pages:
Author

Topic: Satoshi's 1m instamine - page 2. (Read 525 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
March 21, 2018, 12:46:17 PM
Someone had to mine those coins to sustain the network and Satoshi had to test the network, so it was not done to pre-mine

it for himself, but rather to support the network and also to prove to other people that it worked. One person is a island, but

as people saw that this could work, they entered and formed a decentralized network. This would not have been possible, if

Satoshi did not mine those coins.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
March 21, 2018, 10:26:21 AM
Satoshi allocated 1m BTC for himself.  Was this an instamine via an initial superblock after the genesis block?  Did he just ninjamine the initial 1m coins?  If it was a superblock can someone point me toward the lines in the code base so I can learn how it was setup? 
He didn't allocate any BTC specifically for himself. He was the only one that was mining on the network for sometime and he happened to get loads of BTC from it.
What is checkpoint protection in premine?
It wasn't a premine. Everyone else could mine it.

Checkpointing was introduced quite a lot later, where others are already mining.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
March 21, 2018, 10:22:02 AM
Satoshi allocated 1m BTC for himself.

How can you tell?

Was this an instamine via an initial superblock after the genesis block?

No.

Did he just ninjamine the initial 1m coins?
It's a topic of debate whether it was him, and whether it was a single person that mined those ~1M coins.
copper member
Activity: 41
Merit: 7
March 21, 2018, 10:05:24 AM
Satoshi allocated 1m BTC for himself.  Was this an instamine via an initial superblock after the genesis block?  Did he just ninjamine the initial 1m coins?  If it was a superblock can someone point me toward the lines in the code base so I can learn how it was setup? 

What is checkpoint protection in premine?

Thank you in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: