Pages:
Author

Topic: Saudi court upholds blogger's 10 years and 1,000 lashes - page 2. (Read 2658 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
This is the difference between civil law and common law.

The United States, Canada, the U.K., Australia and others have common law as their base. Most other countries have civil law as their base.

Common law tends towards individual freedom. Civil law tends towards dictatorship, even if it is dictatorship by government.

My warning is for you to look into law in the United States and see how to promote common law, since at this place in time there is a lot of civil law being acted out, even in the U.S.

Any time government can take away your right to freely use marijuana, there is civil law dictatorship. Let there be freedom, and punish according to acts of harm and damage after the harm or damage has been done. If you punish before the crime is done, you have punished unjustly, because you can't tell for sure that the crime would have been done.

Learn common law and how to use it. Use the things expressed by the Preamble, the 6th, 7th, and 9th Amendments, without using these writings themselves. Learn how to use them in court.

Watch these 10 videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOkAHRzuiOA&list=PLHrkQxgz0mg6kUBciD-HIvTXByqjcIZ-D. If you don't have time to watch all 10, watch the last one. Very important.

Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Saudi blogger Raif Badawi awarded Sakharov human rights prize

Saudi blogger Raif Badawi, whose flogging sentence caused an outcry, has been awarded the European Parliament's Sakharov human rights prize.
Parliament President Martin Schulz urged Saudi King Salman "to free him, so he can accept the prize".
Mr Badawi is serving a 10-year sentence in Saudi Arabia for "insulting Islam" and is due to receive 1,000 lashes.
Earlier this month he won the Pen Pinter Prize for championing free speech.
The Sakharov freedom of thought prize has been awarded by the European Parliament since 1988 to individuals or organisations considered to have made a significant contribution to the struggle for human rights and democracy.
It is named after the Soviet scientist and dissident Andrei Sakharov.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34667260
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I wonder, what would ISIS do with him, if he were blogging against ISLAM on a ISIS controlled territory? Decapitated for blogging lol. =)))))))))))

And the funny thing is that he wasn't really slandering Islam in any of his blog posts. He raised some valid questions and doubts, which were misinterpreted by the low-IQ Saudi religious police as blasphemy. And regarding the potential punishment in the ISIS held territory, I don't think this incident would have happened at all, as ISIS regards blogging as "unislamic".
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
Saudi court upholds blogger's 10 years and 1,000 lashes

7 June 2015

Raif Badawi's family have warned he could die if the 1,000 lashes are carried out
Saudi Arabia's Supreme Court has upheld the sentence of 1,000 lashes and 10 years of imprisonment on blogger Raif Badawi, despite a foreign outcry.
Speaking from Canada, his wife Ensaf Haidar told the BBC she feared his punishment would start again on Friday.
Badawi was arrested in 2012 for "insulting Islam through electronic channels".
Saudi authorities sent his case for review amidst global protests, after the first round of lashes in January.
For four years Badawi ran the Liberal Saudi Network, which encouraged online debate on religious and political issues.
Ms Haidar said she had held high hopes that her husband was about to be released, but he remained less optimistic.
When they last spoke three days ago he told her not to expect him home in the near future.
She called on the countries and rights groups that had campaigned for her husband's release to mobilise once more.
Amnesty International activists held a protest demanding the release of blogger Raif Badawi in front of the Saudi Arabian embassy in Berlin on 22 May 2015
Protests were held following Badawi's first flogging by the kingdom
Badawi received his first 50 lashes in January, but subsequent floggings have been postponed.
A shaky video taken on a mobile phone showed Badawi being lashed by a member of the security forces.
The footage prompted international protests which were repeated every Friday, the scheduled day for the beatings.
In March, the kingdom expressed "surprise and dismay" at international criticism over the punishment.
At the time, the foreign ministry issued a statement saying it rejected interference in its internal affairs.
It is not clear why Badawi has not yet endured a second round though a medical report found he was not fit for the punishment.
Saudi Arabia enforces a strict version of Islamic law and does not tolerate political dissent. It has some of the highest social media usage rates in the region, and has cracked down on domestic online criticism.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33039815

I wonder, what would ISIS do with him, if he were blogging against ISLAM on a ISIS controlled territory? Decapitated for blogging lol. =)))))))))))

And I guess ISIS would recording the decapitation and show to us with warning sign 'don't underestimate us'.

Barbaric Law, without oil Saudi would be equivalent internationally to North Korea.

Surely.
legendary
Well, I´m not sure if the definition of those Saudi and ISIS fruitcakes of "insulting Islam" or whatever they call it is the same as mine. In fact I doubt it. But since the Saudis help fund this ISIS thing yes it´s no surprise that both seem to like beheading people a lot.

They probably wouldn't use a guillotine if they could afford one. But I was curious. Was the skull and crossed swords in your avatar a before or after picture? (Just joking.)

Grin
Well, I´m not sure if the definition of those Saudi and ISIS fruitcakes of "insulting Islam" or whatever they call it is the same as mine. In fact I doubt it. But since the Saudis help fund this ISIS thing yes it´s no surprise that both seem to like beheading people a lot.
Activity: 602
hyperboria - next internet
Saudi court upholds blogger's 10 years and 1,000 lashes

7 June 2015

Raif Badawi's family have warned he could die if the 1,000 lashes are carried out
Saudi Arabia's Supreme Court has upheld the sentence of 1,000 lashes and 10 years of imprisonment on blogger Raif Badawi, despite a foreign outcry.
Speaking from Canada, his wife Ensaf Haidar told the BBC she feared his punishment would start again on Friday.
Badawi was arrested in 2012 for "insulting Islam through electronic channels".
Saudi authorities sent his case for review amidst global protests, after the first round of lashes in January.
For four years Badawi ran the Liberal Saudi Network, which encouraged online debate on religious and political issues.
Ms Haidar said she had held high hopes that her husband was about to be released, but he remained less optimistic.
When they last spoke three days ago he told her not to expect him home in the near future.
She called on the countries and rights groups that had campaigned for her husband's release to mobilise once more.
Amnesty International activists held a protest demanding the release of blogger Raif Badawi in front of the Saudi Arabian embassy in Berlin on 22 May 2015
Protests were held following Badawi's first flogging by the kingdom
Badawi received his first 50 lashes in January, but subsequent floggings have been postponed.
A shaky video taken on a mobile phone showed Badawi being lashed by a member of the security forces.
The footage prompted international protests which were repeated every Friday, the scheduled day for the beatings.
In March, the kingdom expressed "surprise and dismay" at international criticism over the punishment.
At the time, the foreign ministry issued a statement saying it rejected interference in its internal affairs.
It is not clear why Badawi has not yet endured a second round though a medical report found he was not fit for the punishment.
Saudi Arabia enforces a strict version of Islamic law and does not tolerate political dissent. It has some of the highest social media usage rates in the region, and has cracked down on domestic online criticism.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33039815

Saudi Ambassador Warns West On Iran Deal: "All Options On Table..." Including Nukes

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 06/08/2015 23:00 -0400

We previously warned of the risks of escalation in The Middle East to something much more dangerous, but, as the Saudi ambassador to UK confirmed today, the risk of Wahhabis going nuclear is even higher than many expected, "...if [Iran will not offer assurances it will not pursue nuclear weapons], then all options will be on the table for Saudi Arabia... Iran’s nuclear program poses a direct threat to the entire region and constitutes a major source and incentive for nuclear proliferation across the Middle East, including Israel."

Saudi Arabia is ready to acquire nuclear weapons if diplomatic talks aimed at halting Iran’s nuclear ambitions break down, the Saudi ambassador to the UK has said. As RT reports,

Prince Mohammed bin Nawwaf bin Abdulaziz al-Saud said the oil-rich Gulf kingdom hoped negotiations being led by US President Barack Obama would result in a “watertight” deal with Iran.

However if does not happen, then “all options are on the table,” he said.

Prince Mohammad told The Telegraph: “We have always expressed our support for resolving the Iranian nuclear file in a diplomatic way and through negotiation.”

“We commend the American president’s effort in this regard, provided that any deal reached is watertight and is not the kind of deal that offers Iran a license to continue its destabilizing foreign policies in the region. The proof is in the pudding.”

The Saudi ambassador said the kingdom hopes Iran will offer assurances it will not pursue nuclear weapons.

“But if this does not happen, then all options will be on the table for Saudi Arabia.”

“Iran’s nuclear program poses a direct threat to the entire region and constitutes a major source and incentive for nuclear proliferation across the Middle East, including Israel,” he added.

Saudi Arabia is believed to have funded up to 60 percent of Pakistan’s nuclear program, on the condition it could buy warheads at short notice.
If the Gulf state were to activate the deal, it would see Saudi Arabia become the first nuclear power in the Arab world.

Finally, if this 'threat' were to become true... what would be the Saudi catalyst of the hair-trigger big red button of doom? This perhaps?

In Major Escalation, Yemen Rebels Fire Scud Missile Into Saudi Arabia
This won't end well...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-08/saudi-ambassador-warns-west-iran-deal-all-options-table-including-nukes
legendary
I´m curious about those thousand lashes. Probably they don´t dish that out in full in a single session or so I hope for the guy´s sake. Maybe it´s in installments, half a dozen per day something like that ?

If they administer all of them at once, the person will die of shock. I have read somewhere that in Iran, they never administer more than 100 lashes in a single day, as doing so can almost certainly cause death. In this case, I believe that the caning will be administered in installments of 50 each, carried out once a week. 
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
is always sad to read things like that, this remember me North Korea

What is it that causes this great and eternal love between the U.S. and Saudi regimes? Apart from both always being manned by certifiable fruitcakes of course. Or maybe that´s just it. It can´t be just oil.

beleive me this will never happend, U.S have other interest that being friend like you sayd, oil...

I´m curious about those thousand lashes. Probably they don´t dish that out in full in a single session or so I hope for the guy´s sake. Maybe it´s in installments, half a dozen per day something like that ?

Yes, it is in installments due to medical reasons.

The caning strained Singapore's relations with the United States and has been seen as largely responsible for the United States' voting against holding the first summit meeting of the World Trade Organization in Singapore next year.

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

Yeah, they'll break them up over who knows how many sessions, reminds me of the kid that got caught tagging in Singapore in the 90s and was sentenced to being caned 4 times

The 19-year-old American who was caned in Singapore for vandalism said today that the bleeding it caused was "like a bloody nose."

The teen-ager, Michael P. Fay, said in an interview that the four strokes with a rattan cane on May 5 had left three dark-brown scars on his right buttock and four lines each about half-an-inch wide on his left buttock.

In his first description of the caning, Mr. Fay said that prison officials told him he shouted, "I'm dying," when the first stroke was delivered. He said he could not remember making the cry.

He said a prison officer stood beside him and guided him through the ordeal, saying: "O.K. Michael, three left. O.K., Michael, two left. O.K., one more; you're almost done."

The Government of Singapore has defended the punishment as a traditional part of the country's legal system. The caning strained Singapore's relations with the United States and has been seen as largely responsible for the United States' voting against holding the first summit meeting of the World Trade Organization in Singapore next year.

After confessing to vandalism, Mr. Fay was sentenced to four months in jail and six strokes with a half-inch-thick rattan cane on two counts of vandalism and possession of stolen road signs. The sentence was later reduced to four strokes.

After his confession, Mr. Fay contended that he had been coerced by police officers into saying he had spray-painting cars. The Government of Singapore denied that.

Mr. Fay had lived with his mother and stepfather in Singapore since 1992 and had attended the Singapore-American School. After being freed from prison on Tuesday, he returned to his father's home in this suburb of Dayton. Description of Caning

He said he had first looked at the scars in a mirror only two days ago. "I got a shiver down my back," he said, "and I couldn't believe I might have them for the rest of my life."

Mr. Fay said the caning, which he estimated took one minute, left a "few streaks of blood" running down his buttocks. But his description appeared less horrific than accounts of caning in the past.

"The skin did rip open," he said. "There was some blood. I mean let's not exaggerate, and let's not say a few drops or that the blood was gushing out. It was in between the two. It's like a bloody nose."

Mr. Fay said the wounds hurt for about five days, after which they itched as they healed. "The first couple of days it was very hard to sit," he said.

He said that he was able to walk immediately after the caning and that in the days after the punishment he was able to do push-ups.

Mr. Fay said he now wanted get on with finishing high school and then go to college "like any other kid in America."

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/26/us/us-student-tells-of-pain-of-his-caning-in-singapore.html
Amazing. This is like the fu##### fourth century. And fruitcakes in charge of countries all over the world actually have diplomatic relations with these people. Staggering.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saudi law allows the death penalty for many crimes. For example:

Adultery (Unmarried adulterers can be sentenced to 100 lashes, married ones can be sentenced to stoning.)
Apostasy (Apostates are sentenced to beheading but are usually given three days to repent and return to Islam.)
Armed robbery
Blasphemy
Burglary
Carjacking
Aircraft hijacking
Drug smuggling
Fornication
Home invasion
Sodomy, homosexuality, or lesbianism (If a man or woman is sodomized by their own consent, then they will also be sentenced to death along with the sodomizer)
Idolatry
Murder
Rape
Sedition
Sexual misconduct
Sorcery
Terrorism
Theft (fourth conviction)
Treason
Waging war on God
Witchcraft
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
Barbaric Law, without oil Saudi would be equivalent internationally to North Korea.

It wouldnt. Obama doesnt get it from behind from N. Korea.

I always laugh, when westerners are apalled by the fact, that "Gay pride" isnt allowed in Russia, yet they submissively crawl before feudals, who execute people for sexuality in broad daylight.

What is it that causes this great and eternal love between the U.S. and Saudi regimes? Apart from both always being manned by certifiable fruitcakes of course. Or maybe that´s just it. It can´t be just oil.

beleive me this will never happend, U.S have other interest that being friend like you sayd, oil...

legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure

legendary
Islam... what a plague to this planet.  In fact all religions have brought nothing but pain, torture and death.

People are the plague not Islam. Islam is just a convenient scapegoat, but all religions belong in the darkages but some people refuse to move with the times.

Especially the religion of non-religion belongs to the dark ages. But Stalin, Hitler, Mao and many others used it.

Smiley
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Islam... what a plague to this planet.  In fact all religions have brought nothing but pain, torture and death.

People are the plague not Islam. Islam is just a convenient scapegoat, but all religions belong in the darkages but some people refuse to move with the times.
Well, this Saudi medieval garbage heap has beheaded like a hundred people so far this year. You know how the fruitcakes in charge in the U.S. and mass media whores there always are up in arms over some terriers over there in the M.E. that chop heads off people. I guess it´s much more tasteful though if it´s done by junk that smells just like you and is just as psychotic anyway.
legendary

The Saudis (and the other GCC countries such as Qatar, Kuwait, UAE and Bahrain) are part of the grand NATO alliance against the Iran-Russia-China axis. The Saudis and the Americans are interdependent on each other. The former needs military support from the latter, to protect itself against the Iranians and from the native Saudi Shiite population. And the latter needs oil from the former.
Pages:
Jump to: