Pages:
Author

Topic: Save Bitcoin Discussion subforum - page 2. (Read 417 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078
November 22, 2018, 07:42:51 AM
IMO, recently spamming has decreased quite a bit on the Bitcoin discussion board, it was way worse. Yeah, now with the price drop, a lot of low-quality price topics are popping up. For the time being the best solution is just reporting these threads and mods do trash them.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
November 22, 2018, 07:39:51 AM
Recently I started to be more active on Bitcoin Discussion subforum and became totally disappointed. A lot of noise over there low quality redundant topics pop-up every minute and bury each other under a pile of garbage. Isn't it mods job to take care of this issue?

Bitcoin discussion is like posting in the satoshi one on one tuition forum compared to alt discussion. You could try serious discussion but really that does not seem to have taken off yet.

I think junior forums are the only answer with merit/rank requirement to continue on main boards.  noob jail with decentralised appraisal of juniors to be elavated ... a postive way to spend a few hours rather than the negativity of reporting.

Although with continued bear market a lot will drop away over time leaving only the real enthusiasts and long term supporters.

Activity: 154
Merit: 24
The future of security tokens
November 22, 2018, 07:35:39 AM
Isn't it mods job to take care of this issue?
The mods actually need to be commended to a certain extent,at least for not letting those spammers take absolute control of those sections..
Low quality content is a real issue on the forum,and a lot of measures to reduce it to its tiniest bit has been proposed over a thousand times on the forum,but the last call is definitely theymos's
So for now we'll stick with the features we have such as "reporting to the moderator" when we come across piles and piles of shit
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
Future of Security Tokens
November 22, 2018, 07:31:47 AM
In addition to self moderating your threads, you can also report any post, or reply you deem low in quality or unfit for the board in which it is in. This would make the work of moderators relatively easier and you could also earn a badge when/if Theymos decides on that.
Moderators are doing a lot to keep the forum free of spam as can be seen in Modlog And they deserve due credit for it.

And we should also try not to add to the clog by starting threads which has been exhaustively discussed already on the forum.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
November 22, 2018, 07:26:57 AM
Unfortunately, there are more spammer/spam post than moderators could handle. The only thing you could do is by self-moderate your thread and remove all spam/FUD.
There's solution such as disable signature on "Bitcoin Discussion" or ban all Signature Bounty, but we know that won't happen.

That's why most member don't visit that boards or only participate on/make self-moderated thread.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
November 22, 2018, 07:26:32 AM
It is there job to do it but mods are limited in numbers and theymos doesn’t want to add any more mods. The newbies are also a me to be deleted by patrollers but I think bounty spam is a much bigger issue to them because thrrrs so much of it.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174
Always remember the cause!
November 22, 2018, 07:16:51 AM
Recently I started to be more active on Bitcoin Discussion subforum and became totally disappointed. A lot of noise over there low quality redundant topics pop-up every minute and bury each other under a pile of garbage. Isn't it mods job to take care of this issue?
Pages:
Jump to: