Pages:
Author

Topic: Save This Child's Life - URGENT!!! NO DONATIONS. JUST A SIGNATURE - page 2. (Read 3625 times)

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1348
Guys, I respect your views.
However, please don't make this a discussion thread whethe you believe in it or not.
I'm sure the parents and doctors have spoken about it greatly and this really is the last resort.
In addition, I'm certain the parents wouldn't force anything on their dying son without discussing it with him first. Yes he's 6, but he understands that's he's sick, and I'm pretty sure he's able to make a decision over a small chance he has of living and dying.
THIS IS NOT AN APPEAL.
$92k has already been donated for his treatment.
Whether you believe in it or not, this is the child's only hope, and I'm sure if anyone here was in the same or similar situation (which should never happen), I'm sure you'd all do the same.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
I do not support this petition, but I support right as an american to do as they wish and be free. If the family and their doctors say this is the only means left to heal their child, then I do not believe the government should restrict them from making that decision because the government thinks it's not a real treatment.
The doctors aren't saying that, and no real doctor ever would. And nobody has a right to endanger (or, in this case, potentially slightly shorten) the life of a child by using dangerous "treatments" that are proven to have no benefit. If the family has been told that this "treatment" is either safe or effective, they have been lied to; and for the clinic use this lie to sell their "treatment" (or anything else) is fraud, and nobody has a right to commit a fraud either, especially against a family with a dying child.

It's like the government saying "God isn't real, so we are going to ban people praying for other people because it's not a legitimate treatment". Whether or not they think it's a legitimate treatment shouldn't ban others from using it.
I'm not suggesting that either. If people want to pray for the dying, that okay. But if they want to sell their prayers, and they do this by telling dying people and their families that the prayers they're selling will cure them, that's not okay, and such practices should be banned.
Going from what OP said, I am under the impression that the family's doctors have said that this is the last resort, and that there is not other way of saving him:

He has gone through many treatments and unfortunately, doctors have now given him one last resort.
The only possibility of saving his life is  by giving him Antineoplaston therapy.

As for paying for prayers, I agree with you. Paying for a service which isn't scientifically proven is pretty scammy. But I don't believe the government should ban you from spending your money how you wish. But I do believe that the government should be cautious about people not taking care of their kids (DHS, etc).

Worry about side effects in this situation is kind of dumb since the kid is going to be dead soon anyway. You can't get more dead than... dead. If their last resort to save their child through an unscientifically proven experimental procedure, than I see no reason why the government should ban you from possibly saving your child. Whether or not you are paying money for this service.

"No, you can't save your kid through one of our approved methods. Only our ways work, and you are banned from using anything else. Sucks about your kid. But that's the way it goes because we said so."
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
I do not support this petition, but I support right as an american to do as they wish and be free. If the family and their doctors say this is the only means left to heal their child, then I do not believe the government should restrict them from making that decision because the government thinks it's not a real treatment.
The doctors aren't saying that, and no real doctor ever would. And nobody has a right to endanger (or, in this case, potentially slightly shorten) the life of a child by using dangerous "treatments" that are proven to have no benefit. If the family has been told that this "treatment" is either safe or effective, they have been lied to; and for the clinic use this lie to sell their "treatment" (or anything else) is fraud, and nobody has a right to commit a fraud either, especially against a family with a dying child.

It's like the government saying "God isn't real, so we are going to ban people praying for other people because it's not a legitimate treatment". Whether or not they think it's a legitimate treatment shouldn't ban others from using it.
I'm not suggesting that either. If people want to pray for the dying, that okay. But if they want to sell their prayers, and they do this by telling dying people and their families that the prayers they're selling will cure them, that's not okay, and such practices should be banned.
legendary
I'd fight Gandhi.
If you support this petition, then you support this vile scam and you are an evil person. Angry

Just my 2 satoshis...
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
The FDA never pulled their approval for this "treatment" in 2012, because they never approved it in the first place. They issued an enforcement notice in 2012 to the Burzynski Clinic after they failed to comply with a previous ban on promoting this "treatment". The reason for the original ban is that every single independent study has shown that the "treatment" provides no benefit whatsoever, and in fact has the potential to causes serious side-effects. It is nothing more than a scam to separate dying people and their families from their wallets. If you support this petition, then you support this vile scam and you are an evil person. Angry
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I love this so much. Inspiring. I am In.
BNBL
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
i was a bit lazy to do it, but then i felt bad for being too lazy to click on "forgot my password" and type my email in. i doubt the white house will really do anything, unless they are desperate for PR. still though, better to sign it than not. you might want to create a topic on reddit too, you could possibly get well over 100,000 signatures.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
I also will join.

Seems sort of strange that in order to get them to allow an experimental procedure to be done, that they would have to get thousands of strangers signatures? You would think that the parents would just be allowed to sign a waiver or something releasing the hospital of liability in case something went wrong, and the hospital would just have to get approval by proving that they have tried everything else.
legendary
Added to my sig
Code:
[b][color=red]Save a child's life! (Not asking for money) Vote on Whitehouse.gov[/color][/b] --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=367544

Thanks. You guys are all amazing!
legendary
I'd fight Gandhi.
Added to my sig
Code:
[b][color=red]Save a child's life! (Not asking for money) Vote on Whitehouse.gov[/color][/b] --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=367544
legendary
DONE! Doing a great job OP considering you got this petition in one of your mails.
You can also put its link in your sig if you want.

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion and for signing Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
DONE! Doing a great job OP considering you got this petition in one of your mails.
You can also put its link in your sig if you want.
Activity: 182
The Crypto Analyst
Activity: 182
The Crypto Analyst
Done and shared
legendary
If you want more views you must state in the title you're not asking for donations

I will do. Thanks for the advice.
If you guys could share the link, I'd be most grateful.
Activity: 169
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1280
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
If you want more views you must state in the title you're not asking for donations
legendary
Again thanks to you all.
This just goes to show how great the bit coin community is.
And yes, it's not proven yet. However, as you said, it's his only chance...
When it comes to life and death, I'm sure chances are willing to be taken.

Thanks again... Smiley
legendary
I'd fight Gandhi.
Antineoplaston therapy from Burzynski seems to be an "unproven cancer treatment" method. But if it's the only way of saving the the kids' life, you've got my signature. Smiley
Activity: 245
Merit: 124
For some reason it is telling me that I have already signed it even though I have not. Best of luck anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: