Pages:
Author

Topic: Saving for a House! - page 2. (Read 2354 times)

Activity: 524
Merit: 100
io.ezystayz.com
January 20, 2020, 09:04:31 AM
We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?
woah, that is huge amount of money better to secure your money house is in the line, if i were you i will just invest it in bank, research carefully before making a decision, storing it in crypto is risky.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 20, 2020, 07:57:54 AM
Actually your decision is good but you have to think about the risks you will face, but if you choose the right stable coin everything will be fine and depends on the market situation.
but if you target within 6 months there is no guarantee it will be profitable, you should target at least 1 year and choose a bitcon which in my opinion for a year there will definitely be a good price for bitcoin.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 252
January 20, 2020, 07:32:48 AM
There's a lot of risk investing your money on cryptocurrency and you need to know how to trad first before you put your money savings and you might lose it and it's going to be difficult to recover. And it will also depend on what coin you're going to buy, but if you really want to spend your money then just choose Bitcoin because I think it's very stable and the value of last 2017 really sky-rocketing and it might pump up by next yeara

I don't think there is a risk in cryptocurrency. And for me personally, investing in bitcoin is the right decision because we know that bitcoin is a good coin and has a great opportunity to be able to benefit. But if the OP only wants to invest into cryptocurrency in stable coins, I don't think it's a wrong decision but remember that investing or putting your money here is very risky and for me personally I would prefer to keep my money in a bank and use some of that money to generate profits in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 882
Merit: 260
January 20, 2020, 07:10:42 AM
We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?

That is a great plan on saving up money for the sake of buying or building your own house. But the amount you have said which is $40,000 is too much and really a large amount of money to be invested in cryptocurrency. It is very risky move and decision to make because maybe you will make a wrong decision of investing it into wrong or let us just say unworthy cryptos that has no future or potential of growing in terms of price. If you will do such, you might just regret because maybe instead of growing your money, it will go another way around. If you were planning to invest into crypto, do not go all out, just invest the amount you can afford to loose and assure that you are investing into potential coins so that the long wait will be worthy. If you do not entrust banks for your money, better keep it in your own possession and just ensure its safety not to be stolen by other people. Upon investment, just invest small amounts at first and do not go all out in just one time.
Activity: 770
Merit: 14
www.thegeomadao.com
January 20, 2020, 06:24:23 AM
I think stable coin is the best option to store your money as fame of cryptocurrency is getting an attention. But if you want to trade in the cryptocurrency with the money you have, you can do it with bitcoin. Bitcoin is the best investment opportunity other than altcoins. So you can restore your money in any good stable coin.
Activity: 267
Merit: 7
January 20, 2020, 03:26:37 AM
I think it is not appropriate to buy stable coins, if you choose so, it is better to send a bank and receive annual profits because the cryptocurrency market is now quite risky, so if you want to use the money to buy cryptocurrency, you should keep the top coins, I can suggest you 3 potential coins: bitcoin, eth and bnb, the choice is yours
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
January 19, 2020, 06:45:43 PM
I think this should be enough to complete a simple, classic house. You may not necessarily save everything in the bank and neither should you do that with any stable coin. Also, you should think of the one that will be more comfortable for you to do. My personally decision would be that Stablecoin is much better i n all wise.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 19, 2020, 06:10:41 PM
There's a lot of risk investing your money on cryptocurrency and you need to know how to trad first before you put your money savings and you might lose it and it's going to be difficult to recover. And it will also depend on what coin you're going to buy, but if you really want to spend your money then just choose Bitcoin because I think it's very stable and the value of last 2017 really sky-rocketing and it might pump up by next yeara
Activity: 1078
Merit: 10
January 01, 2020, 04:05:40 AM
If you want to earn interest on your USD equivalent in stablecoins, the best option is to check CoinMarketCap | Interest section. There are many different investment options - for example, you can earn 6% per year on Crypto.com in USDT.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 586
January 01, 2020, 03:40:24 AM
We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?
I think if you are saving for your house down it is better for you to save it on the bank for fast and easy transaction. You may use fiat as the kind of monet you will use to buy house, you may also trade if you want , day trading is good also, since market is unstable we cant make a long term trade if you want for a house, but I guess bitcoin is good for trading.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
December 31, 2019, 03:14:44 PM
Storing them in crypto is a very good idea because the profit in crypto saving is very high in a sort time period especially in the current timing when the halving period is ahead. It is sure that in the coming halving the price of BTC will be very high that it can reach to a double price or more of the current value of bitcoin.

Is this true? I heard it differently this time. I came across some articles in coindesk mentioning about different time ahead for Bitcoin halving and chart does not show the earlier halving times. However I would be very happy if BTC flies as mentioned by you.
There are only some sites which have doubt that the price of bitcoin will not rise like before, their chart also do not mention that but we have to observe the reality of halving which force the price of bitcoin to rise like a rocket. There were also some articles in the previous halving time who had doubts about the price rise but because of the mechanism of halving the price increased much higher.

I think both of you misunderstood what op wanted to say, he wishes to save in stable coin, stable coin is tied up with dollar or euro, it's the same do you have dollars or usdt, value is the same. Investing in stable coin is not an investment in the first place, don't fool yourself around with that.
Investing in crypto is something else, personally I believe that investing in crypto is like investing in the future. Decentralized coins, like bitcoin is, will be much more popular in the future, and I believe that price of some coins will rise a lot in upcoming years.
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
December 31, 2019, 02:21:39 PM
You money would be at risk if you are just going to invest it in cryptocurrency without a proper knowledge about it. It is not always a 100% successful. Your money might go down or go up at the same time. Before investing, you must have at least a proper knowledge about it so that your money will not going to be 0 after several years.
Yes that's right. So I must suggest that if you are a trader and you want to save money for example for your dream house, business or what, it's better to save money not through the use of online banking or crypto currency because I think it is much safe to save money in the real bank because your money is far from the hackers.
There are statistics that hacker attacks on real banks are carried out much more often than in the cryptocurrency market, just these statistics are not shown to ordinary people. banks give you a guarantee of security only if you have a small amount of money. if a large amount of money is stolen from your account, then the banks will not return anything to you
Activity: 907
Merit: 500
December 31, 2019, 01:22:11 PM
We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?
Storing them in crypto is a very good idea because the profit in crypto saving is very high in a sort time period especially in the current timing when the halving period is ahead. It is sure that in the coming halving the price of BTC will be very high that it can reach to a double price or more of the current value of bitcoin.

Is this true? I heard it differently this time. I came across some articles in coindesk mentioning about different time ahead for Bitcoin halving and chart does not show the earlier halving times. However I would be very happy if BTC flies as mentioned by you.
There are only some sites which have doubt that the price of bitcoin will not rise like before, their chart also do not mention that but we have to observe the reality of halving which force the price of bitcoin to rise like a rocket. There were also some articles in the previous halving time who had doubts about the price rise but because of the mechanism of halving the price increased much higher.
Activity: 840
Merit: 17
PG-PAY Gold Backed Token
December 31, 2019, 01:13:53 PM

Activity: 907
Merit: 500
December 31, 2019, 01:11:23 PM
Activity: 868
Merit: 104
December 31, 2019, 01:10:12 PM
6 months for me is too short in the crypto world at this point in time. Why dont you keep 1-2 years plan atleast to get some benefits? Is crypto the right choice for that? That would be my first question.
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
December 31, 2019, 01:08:31 PM
You money would be at risk if you are just going to invest it in cryptocurrency without a proper knowledge about it. It is not always a 100% successful. Your money might go down or go up at the same time. Before investing, you must have at least a proper knowledge about it so that your money will not going to be 0 after several years.
Yes that's right. So I must suggest that if you are a trader and you want to save money for example for your dream house, business or what, it's better to save money not through the use of online banking or crypto currency because I think it is much safe to save money in the real bank because your money is far from the hackers.
Activity: 644
Merit: 127
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 31, 2019, 10:25:53 AM
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
December 31, 2019, 08:10:17 AM

I was also facing the same situation last year. I also thought banks are slowly taking your money if you dont put a deposit regularly. Better option is invest it on the stable coin but of course you need to monitor it every now and then for the security of your invested savings. I have not much of trust from the banks now because of this issue unless you are depositing regularly like businessmen do.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 253
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
December 31, 2019, 07:56:07 AM
USDT I think also the coin is best to hold because it is indeed one of the finest and crowded stablecoin in the talk by many people or you could just try to buy like Dai etc. But if a lot about 40k would be hard to buy and sell it for just if buy/sell order a little.
Pages:
Jump to: