Pages:
Author

Topic: Scalp trading vs. Swing trading, which is your style? - page 2. (Read 284 times)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
I think Bitcoin's volatility is more suited for scalp traders to make timely quick bucks. On the other hand, not sure swing trading is any good especially because when the bull run starts, a swing trader can be confused on where to exit the market to maximize profit.

Any credible handbook on scalp or swing trading exclusive to cryptocurrencies, especially for the top 10 cryptos?

It honestly depends on what resources are available to you, how much time you want to dedicate to trading, etc.

To me, even swing trading may be too short term as I'm a firm believer in the long term fundamentals of bitcoin, as opposed to trading it solely as a speculative asset. However, if I see that there is a likely overheating short term market, then I'd make a temporary move to move out a portion and get in via dollar cost averaging once prices dip again.

Small intra-day trading is simply not worth it unless you have experience, sufficient capital, and the right tools like bots to execute your trades. It's harder than what people think. In the long term, prices move due to fundamentals, which are easier to analyse in my opinion. In the short term, it's a lot more randomness, TA, and emotions.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
For me, I'll go with Swing trading because I have a real life job which is time-consuming. On what I understand about scalp trading is you need to watch carefully the chart, most of the time frames you will use is the shorts time frames, like in minutes or hourly, why? So that you can easily find an entry and exit in a short period of time, that will not suit to me since I have my real full-time job.
While scalp trading is don't need too much time, you are more watching on large time frames like daily or weekly. This is for me since I can't monitor the chart from time to time.
I think Bitcoin's volatility is more suited for scalp traders to make timely quick bucks.
This is also one of my reason why I don't scalp trades, cryptocurrencies are very volatile. You can see sometimes a very long green/red wick on the chart which you can lose or earn profit sometimes, this is much worst for some traders that use a leveraged exchange, they can easily get liquidated by the volatility.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
As for me, swing trading is quite better than scalp trading. Scalping suites who can spend more time and who can focus on the market. You should be smart enough to handle stress and you won't exit the market until you gain the profit that you want. In swing strategy, you just have to observe and deal with the changes. This type of trading suites every type of trader. There are really different types of trading and there is no perfect trading as long as we are devoted and dedicated, we will gain a good reward.
Activity: 330
Merit: 10
I to choose  swing trading involves identifying the trend, then playing within it. For example, swing traders would usually pick a strongly-trending stock after a correction or consolidation and just before it’s ready to rise again, they exit after pocketing some profit.
Activity: 658
Merit: 117
I think Bitcoin's volatility is more suited for scalp traders to make timely quick bucks. On the other hand, not sure swing trading is any good especially because when the bull run starts, a swing trader can be confused on where to exit the market to maximize profit.

Any credible handbook on scalp or swing trading exclusive to cryptocurrencies, especially for the top 10 cryptos?
Pages:
Jump to: