Pages:
Author

Topic: Scalpers and day traders, what makes you to make profit in trading? - page 3. (Read 313 times)

Activity: 1974
Merit: 575
Its important to remember that day traders and scalpers are most high functioning traders in the crypto world. Which means that they work way more than anyone else. For example I am a long term investor, all I do is buy and hold, that's it, I just buy and do nothing else. Some people are traders but not day traders, they buy when it hits a certain low, and sell when it hits a certain high, they trade based on the price, that can be within an hour, that can be in a month. But these people? They are the ones that trade with their analysis all day everyday and constantly. They have to be precise to the minute, and that is why its much harder to do what they do.
Activity: 994
Merit: 552
Current your kinds trading as future its seems very small with profitable earn under $3 and you use unbelievable leverage than 1x in future trading, actually is risk when use bigger leverage  in future trading but most difficult to earn profit based on your leverage using. Have 500$ capital is bigger and you can try use leverage under 5x and what for you trade in future still use 1x for leverage?
You can increasing up with leverage to 10x but spent with your capital and not entry for all fund, you can use about $400 or $300 for future trading and half your fund for margin to make it away from liquidation. Don't forget use stop loss if you still with future trading and manage less risk when your coin entry have loss from predicting.
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
I have been trading with just just $500 for a long time now, the story was a success, but the profit is minimal. With $500, the day gain can be as low as $1 to $2.5. No leverage than 1x to start. But I will go up not more than 3x to 5x max while losing to let the entry price with the mark price become closer for better profit.

But there are days that are not favorable and I left the position opened if it is still just 1x.

Increasing the leverage increases the risk and the closer the liquidation, but 5x is still good.

This makes trading to be positive for me as I do not use too much leverage that has been making me to lose and lose in trading.

What are you strategies that trading has been profitable for you?

Profits of $1 and $2.5 dollars are small profit with such capital, how do you settle the trading fees? Is it after the fees you get that PNL? I think there are other pairs in the exchanges you can trade to make an average of 5% in a single trade. With such a candle move, 5% of your margin is enough to give you a $25 profit, give or take you should be able to make more than $15 a day at an average condition of the market.

A 5x should increase your margin total capital to $1500, if the risk-to-profit ratio of any trade you have in mind is low, it will do you no good, I think that original capital is good enough for sweet profit unless now that the market is not stable to open trades.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Using leverage with cryptocurrency trading is gambling. You risk reducing your profit probability from 50% to less than 50%, which is what happens in gambling, as the gambling service will not continue if the return on it is 50% or more.
Day trading with a stable return, even if it is 1%, is great, even if it is low, it is better, since in the short term your portfolio continues to grow, and the same in the long term.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
I have been trading with just just $500 for a long time now, the story was a success, but the profit is minimal. With $500, the day gain can be as low as $1 to $2.5. No leverage than 1x to start. But I will go up not more than 3x to 5x max while losing to let the entry price with the mark price become closer for better profit.

But there are days that are not favorable and I left the position opened if it is still just 1x.

Increasing the leverage increases the risk and the closer the liquidation, but 5x is still good.

This makes trading to be positive for me as I do not use too much leverage that has been making me to lose and lose in trading.

What are you strategies that trading has been profitable for you?
Pages:
Jump to: