Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam Accusation: Magazine, wants a website, doesn't pay. - page 3. (Read 3143 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
I spend quite a while on that website and I believe that time = money.

No, you didn't. That site can't have taken more then 2 minutes in Bootstrap. Add 3 minutes for copy & pasting javascript code.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Hello everyone,
I think it's time that I made my first scam accusation, because I have had it.

Magazine wanted a website developer for a project (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/in-need-of-a-website-developer-281197). I had talked with him before, so I send him a PM and offered my service for a price range between BTC0.2 and BTC0.5. He said the following:

During the website creation process the communication went a bit rusty, no responses even when he was online and I had to wait quite a bit for an answer. But well that can happen right? Anyway everything went well and we talked about the website. He said that it looks great:

When I finished the website, I asked him multiple times if he agrees with how it looks (I fixed a few bugs too click) and if we could go to the next step which was payment and handing over the source files (the finished product can be found here):

Now, after a freaking long time, I finally got a response:

Now he is trying to accuse me of fucking up and even gave me negative reputation with the following message:
Tried to make me a website, it was very bad and unusable and then tried to make me pay for it and tried to scam me out of 0.4 for the work that wasn't done.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS IN WEB DEVELOPMENT.

I spend quite a while on that website and I believe that time = money.
I could have done something useful with my time, but instead I wasted it on this guy.
Pages:
Jump to: