Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam Airdrops that sweep your wallet, avoid them. - page 2. (Read 281 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
Airdrops can be what someone can regret, I have stopped free giveaway when I know the bad impacts, what I know before are the scammers that will tell people that want the airdrop coin to fill in their kyc, the scammers will use the information against the people, some will not give any airdrop but fill in their kyc which can be used to scam them through many means. Scammers are getting more ways to make people foolish, they are now stealing from people wallet directly, it is good to avoid the airdrop coins.
Activity: 148
Merit: 1
Chief Executive Officer at Weentar
Golden rule I follow: If I didn't buy it, I just pretend it doesn't exist. This doesn't help people who are out there grinding airdrops, but it is something to think about when you start taking things more serious.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
Already talked about in this thread [Scam Alert] Beware of Airdrops that will drain tokens out of your address. but yeah. Scam airdrops and swap services have been on an astronomical rise.

Another one I discovered recently is where the scam token is designed to collect you gas fees once you try to transfer it, like in this case of fake XMR ERC20 tokens- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/need-help-i-would-like-exchange-xmr-tr10-to-another-coin-5351034.

Activity: 1372
Merit: 908

So this guy are scamming people their hard earned money by giving out free tokens as airdrop but when you try to swap the token, they take away all what's on your wallet.
Before approving transactions, make sure:

1. Always check metamask before approving or sending any transaction to ensure that it is performing as expected. Any phishing site can cause this.

2. DO NOT open such project websites if you are unsure whether or not the project is legitimate. You never know when a fresh dark secret will emerge.

3.If you want to take a chance, transfer tokens to a different wallet and use it and make sure you are using the right network / blockchain.
Pages:
Jump to: