Pages:
Author

Topic: [SCAM ALERT] BitShares - page 2. (Read 412 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
February 13, 2021, 03:26:47 AM
Thanks for this warning. Yesterday, I saw some gains on BTS/USDT and wanted to buy some of them on the Binance platform, I didn't think they were a exchange platform. Cheesy
What was the value that you bought/sent ETH/open.ETH? And did you use the platform during that period to get notifications?
The point of their claim that they are a decentralized platform and their use of a third party makes it impossible to trust them.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
February 13, 2021, 03:04:59 AM
So you used a bridge to move ETH (or what was supposed to be ETH) into Bitshares, and then the bridge burned down. Yeah that sucks. While I don't think he went out and bought a yacht with your $275, its possible they kept a hundred grand or so in coins. Sounds like most of what was lost was MAID.

The OpenLedger guy is pretty active on Twitter. You can ask him about what do there. I recommend not accusing him of scamming or anything at first as he'll be less inclined to help you.

Out of curiosity, what were you planning on buying at Bitshares? I notice its undergoing a pump, but other than that I can't imagine anything new is happening over there.
Activity: 37
Merit: 11
February 12, 2021, 06:27:15 PM
BitShares is a well-known platform for cryptocurrencies exchange. They say :

"BitShares is a decentralized platform designed to provide a more efficient global payment network and is commonly used for securely trading cryptocurrencies without any intermediaries."
see https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares/

This is a lie and a fraud !  The platform is not decentralized and does not provide security for funds. A cryptocurrency, that you transfer to the BitShares wallet, is actually sent to some outside company controlled by a certain person. And it depends only on the goodwill and honesty of this person, whether you get your money back or not. For your cryptocurrency you get a "debt certificate". In my case, I sent ETH to the BitShares wallet and I received open.ETH in return, which I kept there. A centralized company, which took my ETH, is OpenLedger. What happened with OpenLedger ? It disappeared with my ETH. See here: https://safenetforum.org/t/open-ledger-dex-has-closed-all-activities/32312
What happens with my open.ETH ? It could not be transformed back to ETH. I can sell it inside BitShares wallet with 99% discount.  Below I put a screenshot from my BitShares wallet, you can see that I have 0.1497 ETH blocked in the wallet and it could not be withdrawn.

You can say me that it is not a problem of the BitShares platform. Yes, but it could happen with any other type of assets you keep in the wallet. The platform does not provide any security of the funds and you can lose all your money one day. The BitShares company never warn the users about this kind of risks. I strongly recommend never use BitShares platform for any type of operations with cryptocurrencies.

At the end I would like to show you a CEO of OpenLedger, Ronny Boesing, a guy who has stolen my 0.1497 ETH using BitShares platform. He probably bought himself a yacht already.

Pages:
Jump to: