Pages:
Author

Topic: [Scam Alert] Scammer Impersonating Binance on Telegram - page 2. (Read 234 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
This is a good guide to avoid getting scammed when you're added to groups on Telegram without your notice, but then again I'd like to bring another easier way to prevent being added to the Telegram group in the first place, if you do not want Telegram groups to add you without your consent, you go to the "settings" part of your Telegram profile, you select "privacy and security", then you select "groups" and change it to just "contacts", making it just possible for only people in your contact list to add you to groups in Telegram. Having said that, you can also go a step further for your security, you click on "add exceptions" to make it sterner, by selecting people that 'will or will not' be able to add you to Telegram groups even if they are in your contact list.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
We all know how we get added to some groups without our consent on Telegram. Anybody can create a group impersonating anyone on Telegram.
This time the scammers are trying to impersonate Binance and lure users to fall for their scam.
First they add you to their group. The group has a pinned message which says Binance is launching a BNB smart contract.
It says to deposit your ETH to their smart contract address and then you will receive 15% extra profit for it.

Funny thing is, they have even attached a link to binance blog for awards. This isn't related to what info they have posted on the pinned message.
Below is a screenshot.

And as expected, when I sent a message with the keyword "scam" in the group it removed me from the group.

I have posted this because most of the people use Binance and beginners are prone to get attracted to such schemes.
They might fall for it thinking it is indeed Binance.

How to find out it's a scam:

1. No reputed exchange will add you to their group. Just think, why would Binance add you to their telegram group ?
    Besides that the number of people in the group are too less for such a reputed exchange. If it were a real Binance group it would have far more members than that.

2. Getting instant 15% profit ? Too good to be true right. Every scheme which is too good to be true is probably a scam.

3. If it were not a scam then it would not have removed me from the group on accusing it for a scam.

Don't fall for such traps. Save your crypto and invest wisely. #DYOR

Pages:
Jump to: