Pages:
Author

Topic: [SCAM] bitcoinmixer.org is a SCAM - page 2. (Read 512 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
July 28, 2020, 01:39:52 AM
I tried using this website for small amount of transactions and I didn't encounter issues or any problem.

But I guess when it comes to big transactions like this there are so many problems that you encounter, Maybe because of its a good opportunity to scam since its a big amount. I'm not going to use this mixer again.
copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675
July 20, 2020, 08:09:46 AM
This is how they scam:
If you send smaller amounts through the mixer, then everything works normally, the coins are mixed without problem.
I have e.e mixed up to 0.5 BTC without any problems.

HOWEVER, if you send larger amounts, then is the money stolen from you.
Its simply build into the algorithm to steal deposit over a certain amount, I don't know exactly the limit, but its between 0.5 and 2.6 BTC.
Most probably its their own algorithm setup by which they detect all large amount and it works when the deposited fund hit uper than a specific amount. It seems to me that their actual plan was to create reputation by giving hastle free service for small amounts which will create trust among users but finally they start hunting after getting  large amount.
The "support team" is close to impossible to get in touch with and if you do get them, you will get a standard reply:

Dear customer,
we took a look at the mix. Currently there is no deposit yet. From what you describe you might have visited a site that poses as our service. Please make sure that you always visit the correct site at
btcmixnqyq7kljrr.onion or bitcoinmixer.org
You might also want to check if your system has been compromised.
Best regards, Bitcoinmixer

Its nothing but a careless reply from their end. As you have mentioned that they smartly change the deposit address after the confirmation because due to this reason victims will.not be able to take stand against them with strong evidences. Although i am not seeing any problem to share related evidences here but choice is yours.    
Activity: 2156
Merit: 711
Telegram @tokensfund
July 20, 2020, 07:09:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss!

You may tag & create a flag against them - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bitcoinmixer-2723736

I got scammed over $20k last year, I feel your pain. What i learned is we need to be very very careful while dealing with Bitcoin/Crypto. In your case that was quite unfortunate as those scammers were very naive. They earn your trust first then scam you for big amount. this type of scammers are very dangerous. I hope they burn in hell.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
July 20, 2020, 05:10:05 AM
We have another mixer scam to the list:

bitcoinmixer.org is a SCAM

Reference Link:   bitcoinmixer.org

Amount Scammed:  2.6 BTC

Payment Method: Bitcoin

What happened:
I have been in bitcoin since 2012, I have gone through the first 8 years without getting scammed. Last week did my luck ran out.
bitcoinmixer.org was running a campaign last year on bitcointalk, since then have I used the service for small amounts.
I have always supported new bitcoin startups, bitcoinmixer.org seams like nice project since i believe mixers is much needed in the future due to nature of the bitcoin design.

Unfortunately is bitcoinmixer.org a long haul scam, he has used 6-7 month to build up reputation, through online articles and campaigns.
All made to catch a user that one day will send a large amount of BTC through their mixer.
They certainly build up my trust, since they have been reliable for last 7 month for me.

This is how they scam:
If you send smaller amounts through the mixer, then everything works normally, the coins are mixed without problem.
I have e.e mixed up to 0.5 BTC without any problems.

HOWEVER, if you send larger amounts, then is the money stolen from you.
Its simply build into the algorithm to steal deposit over a certain amount, I don't know exactly the limit, but its between 0.5 and 2.6 BTC.

It is difficult to legally prove that they stole the bitcoins unless you can have access to their server source code.
They use a clever trick where they alter the mix information AFTER the deposit is confirmed.
When you look up the deposit address using the mix id, then is the deposit address correctly shown.
However as soon as your deposit is confirmed, then is the deposit address changed, so it looks like you never deposited any funds.
The money you deposited is then later moved to another address, and you will never see them again.

The "support team" is close to impossible to get in touch with and if you do get them, you will get a standard reply:

Dear customer,
we took a look at the mix. Currently there is no deposit yet. From what you describe you might have visited a site that poses as our service. Please make sure that you always visit the correct site at
btcmixnqyq7kljrr.onion or bitcoinmixer.org
You might also want to check if your system has been compromised.
Best regards, Bitcoinmixer

This is not a man-in-the-middle attack, since a hacker would never be able to know what mix that will have large amounts, since the deposit information based on the mix id is changed at large deposits AFTER they are confirmed.
In my case did I of cause check the SSL connection, and I did a "small" transfer just before (0.5 BTC), to make sure I was not being fished. I must admit, I did expect this algorithm, it pretty clever,
the behavior of mixer depend on the deposit size. Its clever since there is not much sense in stealing the small amounts.  

Nevertheless, I have accepted this loss, life goes on.
I just sincerely hope that no one else will get scammed

The only thing I really regret is that bitcoin is still wild-wild-west, like we haven't evolved much since 2012, that is sad...

I have decided not to post the evidence, since bitcoinmixer.org is fully ninja anyway, there is zero percent chance of catching him.
Obviously I have all the evidence saved; address, screenshots etc.  
But I see no reason to have my sensitive bitcoin addresses to be public for nothing.

So you just have to trust me on this one, I have no reason to lie or spread false accusations, I am 100% sure this is a scam.

Please spread the word when you have a chance that bitcoinmixer.org is a scam.

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: