Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam campaigns should not be allowed to stay - page 2. (Read 319 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 555
The forum is guided by rules, without this rules it would be total chaos and anarchy as any lawless community would be.
Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.
I have a question for the house if giveaways are banned why can't scam signature campaigns be banned or totally removed from the services board? Lately there have been some sig campaign that have been associated with scam allegations. If left unchecked, it may get out of hand and more alts will be created for the singular purpose of participating in such shady campaigns with high pay. Negative trusts aren't doing much to stop participants from promoting such campaigns as greed overtook them. I reckon its time to employ a more aggressive approach say the same ferocity we use for giveaway threads. If companies want to advertise their product/services, at least they should respect and obey the community rules. What do you guys think?
Pages:
Jump to: