Pages:
Author

Topic: scam coin list - page 2. (Read 2270 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
!!!INCAKOIN!!!
December 12, 2013, 07:02:56 AM
I don't believe pre-mining is a bad but, there is a lot of opposing forces towards it these days. Partially why all these NEW coins die anymore is because they can't pay or won't pay the devs to maintain the coins. Pre-Mining is an incentive to the dev to continue to work on the project. I myself support pre-mining or instamining for that matter.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
December 12, 2013, 06:50:46 AM
litecoin.tumbler.com  was a page when Litecoin first came out. It Stated "We premined to pay our Bounties" FeatherCoin was premined from the creator. Bitcoin was also Pre-Mined for a week until it was released to the public. So one could say these were all scam coins.

Thou shalt not mix pre and instamine Smiley. Satoshi instamined BTC for a while but in that time nobody else wanted to mine it Smiley.
!!!INCAKOIN!!!
December 12, 2013, 06:31:26 AM
I am nooby here, I have a request to forum moderators and those 5 star members,

would you guys please make a scam coin list and put it on top of the threads, just to help noobys out? It also help the whole community clean up the garbage faster.

Let us make the rule, every coin is a suspect until it proves not.

how is that?

the list would be too big , only litecoin and bitcoin are not scam coins , the rest are premined or instamined trash .

now watch all the replies from people trying to defend the crap coin they have alot of .

litecoin.tumbler.com  was a page when Litecoin first came out. It Stated "We premined to pay our Bounties" FeatherCoin was premined from the creator. Bitcoin was also Pre-Mined for a week until it was released to the public. So one could say these were all scam coins.

you don't know what the hell your saying Litecoin was not premined , only the first two blocks were to see if it actually worked .

http://www.fantasypublishings.com/btcInfo/Alternate_cryptocurrencies/ANN_Litecoin__a_lite_version_of_Bitcoin_Launched_newPage18176.php

Litecoin will come with 150 premined coins: just the genesis block and the first 2 blocks to confirm the genesis is valid.  We believe a coin needs to be released in a fair manner.  Having one person (or a group) control a large amount of coins that can be used as they see fit is against the decentralized vision of Bitcoin.  Yes, it is true that without a stash of premined coins, we will not be able to afford to pay for bounties, but we believe people will see the virtue of this coin, invest in it as early adopters, and will be willing to spend time creating services to make this coin better.
legendary
Activity: 1512
December 12, 2013, 06:16:41 AM
As I see success (= good exchange rate and high demand) justifies all kinds of pre/instamines, taxes and "coins held for bounties" Smiley.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
December 12, 2013, 06:11:49 AM

would you guys please make a scam coin list and put it on top of the threads, just to help noobys out? It also help the whole community clean up the garbage faster.

how is that?

the list would be too big , only litecoin and bitcoin are not scam coins , the rest are premined or instamined trash .

now watch all the replies from people trying to defend the crap coin they have alot of .

you don't know what the hell your saying Litecoin was not premined , only the first two blocks were to see if it actually worked .
legendary
Activity: 868
ADT developer
December 12, 2013, 05:58:45 AM

how is that?

if your looking for good long team coins look at SXC Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 12, 2013, 05:56:49 AM

how is that?

to be fair, trashes are not scams. There are tons of garage inventors in each neighborhood. only one becomes Dell. This society more forward by filtering gold from trash. And we can all learn one thing or two from the trash.

It is the scam we should stay away from. It is the scam that the true believers of cryptocurrency should safeguard the juniors in the community from.
Activity: 637
December 12, 2013, 05:41:26 AM

To be honest, it's hard to find a neutral review/information about a coin, there are always investors, bag holders and trolls interested in spreading FUD for one reason or another about every coin. And this place (subforum) is FULL of those lately, but now it is also full of new people trying to get information about the coins in order to invest or just mine them. To those people THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO LEARN ABOUT CRYPTOS ANYMORE (it once was).

But a (moderated) site with this kind of information written by knowledgeable people would help a lot this community.
Think about a wikipedia article where promotional language is banned and edits must be approved by a selected number of moderators.

I would definitely be interested in this kind of site and could provide the infrastructure for it.

Does anyone want to join ? If we get a nice team this could be very helpful for the community.
December 12, 2013, 05:40:40 AM
I think bitcointalk likes to remain neutral in regards to scam accusation type stuff. You may find them hard pressed to sticky something like that.

Probably better off just compiling a list and bumping it frequently based on community opinion.

I totally understand that. and when I surf through those websites, cryptsy, coinwarz, and etc. it looks like core members in the community are all disciplined to keep the scam off the list. but nobody says it. To new people, it is such a steep learning curve and so much tuition to pay. The forum is designed this way, a new reply will instantly pump a old thread to the 1st page. For noobys, we have to go through each of 50 some pages in the thread to find valuable comments from a neutral old member. If there is a suspect list, then we may just ignore the whole thread and save sometime to discuss something more valuable for the development of crypto currency.

my opinion, many people here are developers. we can all do something good, or we can all copy and compile other's source code, forge a blockchain to create a scam. By keeping the scam off, the community can automatically dedicate its effort to something better rather than running for some short term profit.
!!!INCAKOIN!!!
December 12, 2013, 05:39:03 AM

how is that?

legendary
Activity: 1876
December 12, 2013, 05:37:49 AM
Problem is most people on this forum define a scam as a crypto they haven't personally profited off.
Activity: 308
Vod is a liar
December 12, 2013, 05:37:29 AM

how is that?

You either do the alt coin thing or you don't but I think his point is that he wants a list of legitimate alt coins that are trying to make a go of it and the alt coins that are designed for the purpose of scamming people. Like YACoin having a trojan in the Win32 QT originally and stealing 14k BTC from people, ect.. stuff like that.
Activity: 770
December 12, 2013, 05:34:13 AM

how is that?

!!!INCAKOIN!!!
December 12, 2013, 05:28:14 AM
Your request is DENIED. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one but, not a single one matters.
Activity: 308
Vod is a liar
December 12, 2013, 05:20:44 AM
I think bitcointalk likes to remain neutral in regards to scam accusation type stuff. You may find them hard pressed to sticky something like that.

Probably better off just compiling a list and bumping it frequently based on community opinion.
December 12, 2013, 05:15:42 AM

[Edit.12.12.2013] Ok, thanks for everybody's contributions. I fully support forum moderator to stay neutral because he is here to facilitate discussion. I fully understand those full members are not supposed to talk. They are either involved in the creation of a few alt-coins, all pre-mined a few, and insta-mined a few, then bash the coins they don't have a lot. So, I am a nooby in this forum. Every scammer wants my hard earned BTC, hands me to the slaughter house. It is my own job to protect my ass from someone coming from behind. I am going to make my own list.

Rules of spotting scam coins:
1. Every Alt Coin is a suspect until it proves not.
2. A coin walks like a scam, talks like a scam, it is a scam.
3. A coin solely benefits the creator/preminer/instaminer, with no intention to create any additional value to marginal holders.
4. A coin creator does not release full source code.
5. A coin creator borrows general public's computing power(GPU) for private/commercial computing purpose, while the GPU contributor does not share any interest in the creator's commerical success, or IP rights.

Scam Coin List :
1. BossCoin.
Reason: #2, first is one person had issue with the dev, then relaunch, then more people had issue with the "new" dev.

2. NXT.
Reason: #3, #4, it is 100% premined but no public book on how the raised fund will be used to add value for late coin holders.

3. NobleCoin.
Reason: #2, Comment from @vega, One copy another.

4. Curecoin.
Reason: #4, #5, if it is for Stanford's project, everyone mined should have a share on the success of the project. If your plan is to take my GPU power for your own private research, it is a scam, whoever you are.

5. UnionCoin. YAC, YBC, ZCC, FEC, Pangu, Baou
Reason: #2, #3, launched in CPU, while the dev creates a secret GPU miner,

6. Quark.
Reason: #3, instamined 97% of coins. aritifiial price pumping

Scam Suspect List :
1. Come from China with Love?

Removed From Scam List :
To be added.

High Premine/Instamine List :
1. Feather Coin. 25% instamined in the first three days.
2. Pheonix Coin. TBUed.
3. Gold Coin. 33% instamined in the first 24 hours. Hazard article

Pages:
Jump to: