Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammed? - page 2. (Read 233 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
May 01, 2023, 10:23:24 AM

But how, I need to insert a password for each time I send?
It´s not like I have my seed phrase on my sticky notes, it´s not easily accessible, and it looks like this was sent automatically.
It says "self-transfer" when I run a privacy analysis on blockstream.info

What sticky note is that an app or software on your PC? This app might have cloud sync which is pretty risky and possible someone already had access to your wallet.

Another thing is how did you install and know that Electrum you currently use is not fake?

Are you sure that you generated the seed phrase before without 3rd party or someone?

How did you protect your device from viruses and malware?
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
May 01, 2023, 10:21:21 AM
Your password encrypts your wallet file locally, so that anyone who has access to your computer can't open the wallet file without your permission. It doesn't protect your wallet from getting hacked.
Any online device is always prone to hacking.  

How can I get in touch with someone from Electrum? It says "lock time 787764" and "possibly self-transfer" when I run an analysis on blockstream.info
It says "possibly self-transfer", just because the transaction includes only 1 output. That's not important.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
May 01, 2023, 10:19:34 AM
This morning I received a significant amount of BTC.
How much was it ?

I am using Electrum as a wallet and have used it for over a year without issues.
Electrum still doesn't have any issue and is perfectly fine.

7 minutes later, all my funds have been transferred to another address that I do not recognize.
Really ? I think this one is a special case. You got 7minutes to transfer those "insignificant" amount of received btc to your own another safer wallet. I think you should have set up some notification for incoming tx.

Any technical glitch or my money is really gone forever?
Just insert your BTC address in any online explorer and if you dont see any balance there it means your funds are really gone and you got hacked, unfortunately Sad

It was equivalent to 5200 USD, which was supposed to be for salaries.
I was notified when I had the BTC incoming, I can´t believe that after 7 minutes, it was all gone.
How can I get in touch with someone from Electrum? It says "lock time 787764" and "possibly self-transfer" when I run an analysis on blockstream.info
Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
May 01, 2023, 10:14:08 AM
This morning I received a significant amount of BTC.
How much was it ?

I am using Electrum as a wallet and have used it for over a year without issues.
Electrum still doesn't have any issue and is perfectly fine.

7 minutes later, all my funds have been transferred to another address that I do not recognize.
Really ? I think this one is a special case. You got 7minutes to transfer those "insignificant" amount of received btc to your own another safer wallet. I think you should have set up some notification for incoming tx.

Just insert your BTC address in any online explorer and if you dont see any balance there it means your funds are really gone and you got hacked, unfortunately Sad
May 01, 2023, 10:13:14 AM
Either your wallet was hacked or someone had access to your seed phrase.
Whatever happened, bitcoin transactions are irreversible and there's nothing you can do.

It´s not like I have my seed phrase on my sticky notes, it´s not easily accessible, and it looks like this was sent automatically.
It says "self-transfer" when I run a privacy analysis on blockstream.info
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
May 01, 2023, 10:09:42 AM
Either your wallet was hacked or someone had access to your seed phrase.
Whatever happened, bitcoin transactions are irreversible and if the outgoing transaction has been confirmed, there's nothing you can do.

Did you update your wallet? If yes, are you sure you downloaded electrum from the official website?
May 01, 2023, 10:03:36 AM
Hi,

This morning I received a significant amount of BTC. I am using Electrum as a wallet and have used it for over a year without issues.

Anyone has any idea of how this can happen? Each time I transfer, I need to insert my password in Electrum.

Panicking here  Angry
Pages:
Jump to: