Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammed by btcmank - page 2. (Read 3970 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
May 02, 2013, 09:29:44 AM
I sent it as a gift payment using my own paypal balance so I don't think it will be reversible even though I did file a claim/report it online. This guy is still trying to scam people and get a good reputation on the forum...
Activity: 308
Merit: 102
May 02, 2013, 02:42:15 AM
1. Call PP immediately and open a claim (you cannot do that online). Explain you have been scammed.
2. Chargeback using your CC or reverse using your bank

This should work fine.

If you want additional protection, say PP this was for tangible item, and not digital stuff (but that would be a lie, and usually no need for that).
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
May 02, 2013, 12:36:45 AM
You can still dispute it, say that your paypal account was hack.
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
May 01, 2013, 10:49:42 PM
His profile is https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/btcmank-106297.

I Pm'd him requesting to buy bitcoins using Paypal and that he skype me. We talk on skype and I said I would be willing to send Paypal as a gift first only after verifying that he says who is actually is and facebook friends me so I can verify. The facebook had about 800 friends on it and seemed legitimate so I went to believe that this was an actual person.

His paypal email address was actually a .edu address ( [email protected] ) which I sent the payment to.

After this is all done and I feel that he is trustworthy, I sent him $258 on paypal using the gift payment to show that I will not chargeback. I started getting nervous after he said he sent it but I could not see the 2 bitcoins I bought coming to my address in the block chain. I told him to show me the address that he sent it from but got no response.

I am lucky that I did not buy the "18 btc" that he advertised on the forum. Will be much more careful next time sending paypal payments and will only trust those on the forum with very good reputation. WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1980965

^is this scam I fell for. If anyone wants more proof, I am willing to send you the skype dialog and/or screenshots of my payments to him.
Pages:
Jump to: