Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer- Jonathan Ryan Owens - page 2. (Read 4523 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
September 19, 2012, 02:11:30 AM
He issued several securities on GLBSE and comingled the funds with other projects such as KRONOS.io which was "hacked" and lost 4000btc.
That may be bad business, but assuming it was actually hacked, that's not a scam. (Unless the contracts prohibits it.)

ZIP.A never worked from day one yet magically paid dividends for a couple of months (a sort of pyramid scam)
If a company raises more funds than it can spend, it should pay a dividend. However, if this affirmatively mislead investors into thinking the company was making a profit, that's a problem. (Were there statements accompanying these dividends?)

Bitcoinrebate was also a faulty site from day one and no attempt was made to fix any bugs.
What were the funds raised supposed to do? Hire a programmer to work on it? Do we know if anyone was hired?

Each case alone seems pretty weak to me. However, all of them together combined with the lack of communication might be a different story.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
September 19, 2012, 01:46:41 AM
Can someone summarize the situation please. I just read through several pages and I still don't get it. I understand he was associated with several GLBSE offerings, but not precisely what his association with them was, what the various assets were supposed to do, and so on. Also, how exactly was money lost? And is the only evidence that they weren't legitimate investment or theft losses the lack of communication from JRO? (Which might be enough under the right circumstances. I'm not saying that's necessarily insufficient.)

I asked BDK/kluge to post here but he's sleeping right now.  I'm sure he can provide more than enough background to satisfy your needs.

He issued several securities on GLBSE and comingled the funds with other projects such as KRONOS.io which was "hacked" and lost 4000btc.

ZIP.A never worked from day one yet magically paid dividends for a couple of months (a sort of pyramid scam)

Bitcoinrebate was also a faulty site from day one and no attempt was made to fix any bugs.
Activity: 826
September 19, 2012, 01:04:18 AM

I just want to make a posting, my legal name is very similar to this person.
As such someone could accuse me of being this person.
And my name is already legally "doxed" by Public LLC's in the united states.
so I thought i would just come by and say hi I'm not this guy.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
September 19, 2012, 12:52:30 AM
Can someone summarize the situation please. I just read through several pages and I still don't get it. I understand he was associated with several GLBSE offerings, but not precisely what his association with them was, what the various assets were supposed to do, and so on. Also, how exactly was money lost? And is the only evidence that they weren't legitimate investment or theft losses the lack of communication from JRO? (Which might be enough under the right circumstances. I'm not saying that's necessarily insufficient.)

I asked BDK/kluge to post here but he's sleeping right now.  I'm sure he can provide more than enough background to satisfy your needs.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
September 19, 2012, 12:50:10 AM
Activity: 686
Wat
September 19, 2012, 12:20:45 AM
Setup a series of securities on GLBSE and is refusing to buy them out after losing all the funds on other projects.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/jonathan-ryan-owens-locked-rebate-zipa-alberto-bdt-thread-101109

He currently owes lots of people a lot of coins and is MIA and deserves a tag untill he has paid back all his outstanding debt.

Pages:
Jump to: