Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer warning: Don't buy from MiningHardware.co.uk - page 2. (Read 1694 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
He is breaking the law. So I am protected even if I am a muppet.  Smiley

u broke product warranty ... go cry in a corner now
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Why must you create another thread about this?
We can read other threads you know, we know you have voided your warranty by overclocking it
What are you expecting to achieve from this thread?

TBH i think your problem is your unhappy with the amount of coins there minning at the current difficulty,i did warn people before christmas that these have about 1 or 2 months left before no profit is made back,its not even worth burning the electricity to run these right now.

I never void the warranty. I didn't even overclock it. I can take the two miners to court. And they can see they have never been tampered.  Smiley
He is breaking the law. So I am protected even if I am a muppet.  Smiley
The UK law:

Accepting returns and giving refunds: the law

You must offer a full refund if an item’s faulty, not as described or doesn’t do what it’s supposed to.

Check when you have to offer refunds and accept returns.
When you don’t have to offer a refund

You don’t have to refund a customer if they:

knew an item was faulty when they bought it
    damaged an item by trying to repair it themselves or getting someone else to do it (though they may still have the right to a repair, replacement or partial refund)
    no longer want the item (eg because it’s the wrong size or colour) unless they bought it without seeing it

You have to offer a refund for certain items only if they’re faulty, eg:

personalised items and custom-made items, eg curtains
    perishable items, eg frozen food or flowers
    newspapers and magazines
    CDs, DVDS and computer software they’ve unwrapped

Customers have exactly the same rights on refunds when they buy items in a sale as when they buy them at full price.
Online, mail and phone order sales

Online, mail and telephone order customers have the right to cancel for a limited time even if the goods are not faulty. Sales of this kind are known as ‘distance selling’.

You must offer a refund to customers who buy through distance selling if they cancel goods within 7 calendar days of receiving them.

You must then refund the customer within 30 days. They don’t have to provide a reason for cancelling.
Repairs and replacements

If a customer has ‘accepted’ an item, but later discovers a fault, you may have to repair or replace it. The customer can still reject the item after it’s been repaired or replaced.

A customer has accepted an item if they’ve:

told you they’ve accepted it (having had enough opportunity to inspect the item before confirming they’ve received it)
    altered the item

You’ll have to agree to a repair or replacement if a customer returns an item within 6 months - unless you can prove it wasn’t faulty when they bought it.

Businesses may require customers to prove the item was faulty when they bought it if they ask for a repair or replacement after 6 months of purchase.

Customers have up to 6 years to make a claim for an item they’ve bought from you (5 years in Scotland).
Warranties and guarantees

If a customer has a warranty or guarantee, this doesn’t affect their right to free repairs or a replacement.

This means if a customer’s guarantee or warranty has run out, you may still have to repair or replace the item.
Proof of purchase

You can ask the customer for proof that they bought the item from you. This could be a sales receipt or other evidence such as a bank statement or packaging.
Items returned by someone other than the buyer

You only have to accept returns from the person who bought the item.
Penalties for displaying notices

It’s illegal to display any notice that deliberately misleads consumers or deceives them about their rights - for example, a sign that says you don’t accept returns or offer refunds.

Download information from the OFT and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) on how consumers are protected from unfair trading practices.

Activity: 378
Why must you create another thread about this?
We can read other threads you know, we know you have voided your warranty by overclocking it
What are you expecting to achieve from this thread?

TBH i think your problem is your unhappy with the amount of coins there minning at the current difficulty,i did warn people before christmas that these have about 1 or 2 months left before no profit is made back,its not even worth burning the electricity to run these right now.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Do not buy anything from MiningHardware.co.uk. They are a scammer.

1) There miner can't hash the speed they claimed. Which is 200 - 230 GH. They can only get to 180 GH.

2) Someone I know purchased 2 miners from them, he didn't tamper or open the case or do any form of modification. But MiningHardware.co.uk accused him of tampering and have void the warranty. How can the warranty be void? If it was never tamper with.

3) The miner carry a health and safety risk. They can harm your ear drums if stay in the same room longer than 1 hour.

4) MiningHardware.co.uk will be reported to the Trading Standard Institute, ASA, the Police and Custom.

5) MiningHardware.co.uk have been importing their mining as broken second hand pc. This is not true, so they are breaking the law.

Stay away from NineLives, as he is the owner of MiningHardware.co.uk.

They will not refund you, even when their miner don't meet the description of the miner, also when they are DOA.

1) You haven't tuned it, have you?

2) Citation Needed

3) Doubt it.  A few 120mm fans won't make you deaf, unless you stick your ear in it.

4) Good luck with that one.  Cheesy

5) That's great, stick it to the man! 

The main problem is you're a muppet and don't know what it is you're buying.  All the Chinese Avalon clones are similar.  The videos on his site show you what the machines are like.
Do not buy anything from MiningHardware.co.uk. They are a scammer.

1) There miner can't hash the speed they claimed. Which is 200 - 230 GH. They can only get to 180 GH.

2) Someone I know purchased 2 miners from them, he didn't tamper or open the case or do any form of modification. But MiningHardware.co.uk accused him of tampering and have void the warranty. How can the warranty be void? If it was never tamper with.

3) The miner carry a health and safety risk. They can harm your ear drums if stay in the same room longer than 1 hour.

4) MiningHardware.co.uk will be reported to the Trading Standard Institute, ASA, the Police and Custom.

5) MiningHardware.co.uk have been importing their mining as broken second hand pc. This is not true, so they are breaking the law.

Stay away from NineLives, as he is the owner of MiningHardware.co.uk.

They will not refund you, even when their miner don't meet the description of the miner, also when they are DOA.

Pages:
Jump to: