Pages:
Author

Topic: Scanning QR Codes, do you find some wallets work better then others? - page 2. (Read 339 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
I find it strange that a lot of exchanges crank up your brightness for you but wallet apps don't - it might be something to suggest to them as an improvement for the apps you use.

I normally assume it's the thing scanning the qr code that's the problem rather than the thing displaying it. If you're using a scanner that's meaning your phone is facing a screen then it's going to have glare issues from that - and that's not an issue with your phone unless your brightness is too low.

I'm kinda surprised nfc or other sharing tools aren't in higher demand than qr codes now - they're already quite an old technology imo. It's generally easier to scan a qr code on your phone and input something on a website than it is to try to get something to scan your phone.

With NFC (or anything that can transmit) there is some form or greater risk according to some people. But, it's a hot wallet on a phone so there is that too.

What I just can't fathom the fact that when I wanted to pay someone for 1/2 of breakfast, blue wallet would not scan the QR, Zeus would not scan it, but Wallet Of Satoshi and poof done. But, at other times WoS won't scan but blue wallet will. And so on. Just trying to figure out if it's my phone, or if other people see it too. I can't see me be the only one. I know other people who only have 1 wallet on their phone have said that at times they can't scan some QR codes.

But was looking to see if anyone like me with multiple wallets find some work and some don't.

-Dave
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Tldr: if it's brightness or "eye comfort" features causing the issue, I doubt they'll go by changing device. Check if your phone has an option to adjust brightness to a setting though - mine did without me knowing it would so I don't know if it's standard now or not.

I find it strange that a lot of exchanges crank up your brightness for you but wallet apps don't - it might be something to suggest to them as an improvement for the apps you use.

I normally assume it's the thing scanning the qr code that's the problem rather than the thing displaying it. If you're using a scanner that's meaning your phone is facing a screen then it's going to have glare issues from that - and that's not an issue with your phone unless your brightness is too low.

I'm kinda surprised nfc or other sharing tools aren't in higher demand than qr codes now - they're already quite an old technology imo. It's generally easier to scan a qr code on your phone and input something on a website than it is to try to get something to scan your phone.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Subject covers it.
Over the years I have had many issues scanning QR codes, but recently (say 4 years) it seems to have gotten better.

Now, it seems to be getting worse again for certain wallets.

I have a few wallets on my phone, I use different ones for different reasons. But at times, with the same QR code on the same screen one wallet will scan it with no problems and another will not unless I crank the brightness to 11 and get it at the perfect angle.

Just wondering if after a year it's time to buy my next phone or are there other people seeing this issue too?

-Dave
Pages:
Jump to: