Pages:
Author

Topic: Sci-fi coin online status. - page 2. (Read 25625 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100
June 17, 2017, 01:49:46 PM
... News of a swap could create a sudden interest in mining, but then again, that's what difficulty is for.
I would be surprised, have not seen a block above minimum difficulty (256) since the pools were closed some years ago.  Undecided

I'm not sure, but I think difficulty retargeting works different in UFC.

Activity: 982
Merit: 517
Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102
June 16, 2017, 03:28:16 PM
... News of a swap could create a sudden interest in mining, but then again, that's what difficulty is for.
I would be surprised, have not seen a block above minimum difficulty (256) since the pools were closed some years ago.  Undecided
Old pool was on Scrypt algo, now UFC on blake256r8 and it not work with stratum or P2P pool, only solo mining.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
June 16, 2017, 01:37:37 PM
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 16, 2017, 08:43:52 AM
I want create new coin and consolidate some old sci-fi coins in it.
Working name United Sci-fi Coin.
Premine 20% - for swap old coins.
DPZ, UFC, SPICE - unlimited swap, but limited time.
GPL, KED, QBT - up to 5-10% of its supply.
All swapped GPL, KED, QBT go to Cryptopia reward system and cryptoguru.tk Faucet.
DPZ, UFC, SPICE go to my addresses and keep for future use.
New coin will be CryptoBuck2 clone with some changes.
Any thoughts?

I have found my UFC wallets and managed to sync and combine them... I guess there is no explorer. The chain is moving along at minimum difficulty.

My thoughts...

- UFC seems to support multisig addresses. Maybe for the swap, 2 of 2 multisigaddresses could be used.  This way possible "future use" could be agreed on...
- If coins are burnt, the remaining spendable coins become more rare. I won't say more valuable. Part of the value is that other people hold coins and are willing to exchange them for something.
- Maybe coins sent for swap could have different value based on the time of their previous TX or when they were mined. News of a swap could create a sudden interest in mining, but then again, that's what difficulty is for.

June 16, 2017, 05:41:35 AM
Current nodes for UFC:
Code:
addnode=47.20.250.38
addnode=118.190.14.253
addnode=51.15.130.151
addnode=64.71.72.56

Where can we find the last UFC binaries ?
I have an old client (2.5.5) and it won't connect/sync...

Do you have an ETA for the new coin USFC ?

Thanks!
legendary
no degradation
June 10, 2017, 09:28:33 AM
Is UFC still working?
Mine is stuck one day behind. I have version 2.5.5.
Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
Yes, it is working. Might be nobody found a block for a long time? Just checked my node, as of now the last block is 257664 and it was found ~30 minutes ago. Smiley

BTW, thanks vampirus, for keeping all those coins alive...
Yeah, thank you vampirus for keeping the Sci-fi coins allllive! Smiley

New concept of USFC.
only PoS coin with high diff like Hyperstake.
In coin swap only DPZ, KED, UFC, GPL
All coins, except DPZ stay in yours hands.
DPZ - full swap
For KED, UFC, GPL I create special fork (side chain like ETC)
Yours coins stay in main chain and same coins you have in special fork.
You send me 100% yours coins in forked wallet, I send you USFC.
25% of premine go to each DPZ, KED, UFC, GPL.
USFC for free so to speak. I'm in. Cheesy Let's hope the old Sci-fi coin thieves will not dump their stash in case USFC hits an exchange.
June 10, 2017, 05:51:10 AM
Is UFC still working?
Mine is stuck one day behind. I have version 2.5.5.
Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

BTW, thanks vampirus, for keeping all those coins alive...

June 09, 2017, 11:36:54 PM
New concept of USFC.
only PoS coin with high diff like Hyperstake.
In coin swap only DPZ, KED, UFC, GPL
All coins, except DPZ stay in yours hands.
DPZ - full swap
For KED, UFC, GPL I create special fork (side chain like ETC)
Yours coins stay in main chain and same coins you have in special fork.
You send me 100% yours coins in forked wallet, I send you USFC.
25% of premine go to each DPZ, KED, UFC, GPL.
June 02, 2017, 05:26:22 PM
I see some users not want change their coins to USFC, may be need swap coins one by one, I start from DPZ, because I have only DPZ and a little  SPICE.
Activity: 371
Merit: 252
June 02, 2017, 02:46:24 PM
I'm a long time holder of GPL and would love to host a node for GPL and perhaps some others on the Blocknet when it's live. It's currently working on testnet for a few pairings but once unleashed there is only the requirement of meeting op_checklockverify and bip something. I'm not a coder but I am a holder of Block.

From their reddit AMA:

"The Blocknet is the only project in our awareness that decentralises the four core functions of an exchange - capital deposits, order broadcast, order matching, and coin exchange.

• all coins stay in wallets

• orders are broadcast over an inter-chain DHT network overlay

• order books are compiled by local applications, not a central or distributed entity

• coin exchange is atomic and trustless, utilising OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and not requiring the control of any third party.

As for interoperability in general and the emerging token ecosystem, the Blocknet is deliberately designed to function as infrastructure. No central chain is required, enabling services to be built on any chain and monetised and delivered over xbridgep2p, our "blockchain router," to nodes on any other chain and to dapps harnessing blockchain services."

Also, Horizon had been associated with the Blocknet since the beginning but I'm not hearing much about them anymore.

Anyway to verify the requirements are met on these scifi coins?
Activity: 65
Merit: 5
June 02, 2017, 02:41:44 PM
The way I see it, the raison d'être of these coins is the fandom they represent. Take away that and there is no reason to continue, the merger of several fandoms does not create a stronger coin, it just creates boredom. I have a little SPICE and I will most likely not send them.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
June 02, 2017, 02:13:03 PM
Has anyuone discovered yet any WORKING free open source code for a cryptocoin exchange? I have been trying to set up an exchange for many years now, for a long time I have been using Open Transactions but they still have not finalised their data format. Most recently I have started to migrate coins and assets to the HORIZON network.

Actually HORIZON might be a good way to implement the coins you want to phase out, Vampirus. We can migrate them to become assets or currrencies on HORIZON.

I will still be running nodes of SPICE, UFC, GPL and Qubits-3 regardless of what you end up doing, as all these coins are in use and gradually guilds, associations, nations, civilisations, clans etc are being developed who will be using them as their native currencies. AXIOM and AXON will continue also likewise.

-MarkM-
May 28, 2017, 08:54:28 AM
OK, ver.255 worked after a while.

May 27, 2017, 02:04:59 PM
Just check, version 2.5.5 works fine. In v2.5.6 only visual changes.
ETA for USFC 4-6 weeks.
May 27, 2017, 08:28:38 AM
Current nodes for UFC:
Code:
addnode=47.20.250.38
addnode=118.190.14.253
addnode=51.15.130.151
addnode=64.71.72.56

Where can we find the last UFC binaries ?
I have an old client (2.5.5) and it won't connect/sync...

Do you have an ETA for the new coin USFC ?

May 21, 2017, 01:57:32 PM
Thanks!

Will, dig up the wallet and try resyncing, in the next couple days and see what happens.
May 21, 2017, 01:27:31 PM
Current nodes for UFC:
Code:
addnode=47.20.250.38
addnode=118.190.14.253
addnode=51.15.130.151
addnode=64.71.72.56
legendary
no degradation
May 21, 2017, 09:23:13 AM
Have some UFC kicking around... Even mined a few more blocks some time last year... then turned it off...

I guess there are now peers up. Does anyone have a recent blockchain? Anyway, would be happy to swap.
Downloading the blockchain took me less than an hour on a test machine some weeks ago. However, if you're really desperate, I can upload it to an mega.nz-account. Just let me know. Smiley

Edit: Some active nodes:
Code:
addnode=51.15.130.151:17009
addnode=64.71.72.56:17009
addnode=118.190.14.253:17009
May 21, 2017, 05:08:15 AM
I want create new coin and consolidate some old sci-fi coins in it.
Working name United Sci-fi Coin.
Premine 20% - for swap old coins.
DPZ, UFC, SPICE - unlimited swap, but limited time.
GPL, KED, QBT - up to 5-10% of its supply.
All swapped GPL, KED, QBT go to Cryptopia reward system and cryptoguru.tk Faucet.
DPZ, UFC, SPICE go to my addresses and keep for future use.
New coin will be CryptoBuck2 clone with some changes.
Any thoughts?

Have some UFC kicking around... Even mined a few more blocks some time last year... then turned it off...

I guess there are now peers up. Does anyone have a recent blockchain? Anyway, would be happy to swap.
May 18, 2017, 09:57:07 AM
UFC and SPICE not destroyed yet. If all coins you send to me, stop mining, no nodes online, no exchange - it is mean coin destroyed.

Perhaps I worded my question poorly.  When the swap to USFC occurs are the coins sent to you being burnt?
Yes.
Pages:
Jump to: