Pages:
Author

Topic: Screen turns black and computer eventually reboots when I try to mine - page 2. (Read 2789 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Have you tried a different power supply?  The OCZ ZT doesn't have a great rep, it would still be my first suspect even if it didn't though. I assume you run other stress tests like prime95, and checked the ram with memtest?
I ran furmark and memtest (I also tried 3 other RAM sticks from stable machines) and they both seem fine. Haven't really stress tested the CPU though.
Unfortunately, I only have access to one other PSU, and it's old, weak and cheap. I suppose it's worth a try though.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
Have you tried a different power supply?  The OCZ ZT doesn't have a great rep, it would still be my first suspect even if it didn't though. I assume you run other stress tests like prime95, and checked the ram with memtest?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Whenever I start cgminer or phoenix my monitor turns black and after about 30 seconds my computer reboots.
I am currently running windows XP on the rig in question (both debian and windows 7 would freeze and require a reboot every few minutes, so I never even tried mining on them).
I found a few threads with people who had similar problems, but nothing I tried worked.

Hardware:
CPU: AMD FX-6100 6-CORE
MB: ASUS CROSSHAIR V
PSU: ZT Series 550 Watt ATX Modular
GPU: Tried a 4870, 6950 and 7970 (separately, with the appropriate drivers)
Pages:
Jump to: