Pages:
Author

Topic: Screenshots from epochtalk - page 3. (Read 7528 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin enthusiast!
March 20, 2015, 07:26:09 PM
Ubuntu should be easier.
BTW if you don't have any basic sysadmin / dev skills a tutorial won't really help, the instructions are already here on github and if you don't understand what you are doing you wion't be abble to do verry much.
What you need to know about before installing epochtalk on your own :
 - what is git, how to use it
 - what is node, how it works, what is npm
 - what is postgresql, how do I install it / configure it, knowledges about database
 - examine a project to find things that aren't documented (example for here, loog at package.json to see the npm run scripts about database initiation)
etc...

And sorry, to busy to make a youtube video (that will not really help you as I explained) but if some people are stuck at some point maybe I can help them
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
|| Web developer ||
March 20, 2015, 06:55:51 PM
That's because your ssh public key isn't registered on github, you'il have to register it or git clone via https instead of ssh
Code:
git clone https://github.com/epochtalk/frontend.git
Can you please make a video on youtube (please if u have time sure )  Roll Eyes to teach us how to install the new forum from github ;
Or atleast explain if one windows or ubuntu is better for installing the script ;

Kind Of Respect ,
Bitcoin Boy .
legendary
Bitcoin enthusiast!
March 20, 2015, 06:50:50 PM
That's because your ssh public key isn't registered on github, you'il have to register it or git clone via https instead of ssh
Code:
git clone https://github.com/epochtalk/frontend.git
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
March 20, 2015, 05:47:21 PM
I have tried on my local pc (with the last version of ubuntu) and it gives me this error :

Can you (kcud_dab or someone has succeeded to install it) give me an help? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
March 20, 2015, 09:12:45 AM
Maybe something good to have is forum layout options for user to select what colour and theme they want to have that way everyone is happy then. And having a much more colour related to crypto and maybe icons and different style altogether. New forums new style new design new feel for a fresh start Smiley
I would really like this suggestion to be implemented as well. The white and orange isn't doing it for me, the colors just don't seem to fit together well. It does look like the software will bring a few improvements, such as the auto-preview when preparing a new post. I use the preview function all the time when making posts to make sure the formatting is correct, and if the new software will display it automatically that would be awesome. I think I have to agree with FattyMcButterpants though, I don't think that this new software looks like it's worth $1.5 million.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
March 19, 2015, 07:42:55 PM
Maybe something good to have is forum layout options for user to select what colour and theme they want to have that way everyone is happy then. And having a much more colour related to crypto and maybe icons and different style altogether. New forums new style new design new feel for a fresh start Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
March 19, 2015, 02:06:23 PM
I think epochtalk should be blue instead of the current orange they have, because our current forum is blue, and it would be nice keeping the new forum blue IMO.

I respect your opinion but I honestly totally disagree with it .
this current Simple machines forum use the Default theme as far as I know , so you will find a lot of forums using it . Since this forum is going to be new and Bitcoin related I guess it should be Orange (bitcoin core icon) or yellow (like the coin) but with a lot of more Bitcoin related on the theme because now we see a lot and I mean a lot of white , and only some orange .

~ Madness
legendary
Activity: 1064
March 19, 2015, 01:59:56 PM
I think epochtalk should be blue instead of the current orange they have, because our current forum is blue, and it would be nice keeping the new forum blue IMO.
administrator
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2948
March 19, 2015, 12:36:47 PM
There's still work to be done before theming.
legendary
Activity: 1050
March 19, 2015, 12:19:45 PM
I'm really happy that the new forum is coming out very soon. I really don't like the theme(sorry to be fussy). Please tell me there's a way to revert back to this current '09 theme with all the new added features included.
legendary
#Free market
March 18, 2015, 10:27:46 AM
Thank you so much . I really was looking to see the updated forum , because the screenshots from December are just too old .
Btw , like on this screen here http://bitcoin.powaaa.com/tmp/epochtalk/profile_complete.png , the Bitcoin adress is screwing the charts is that normal/display issue or you just the code little bit and messed up ?

~ Madness

This is the reply for your question :

These are instructions to install the server software that will in the future run on bitcointalk.org. Forum users will not be required to install anything with the new software.

Note that the software is not yet feature-complete (in particular, the Web design is far from done), and the public repository doesn't contain everything already done.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
March 18, 2015, 10:23:42 AM
Thank you so much . I really was looking to see the updated forum , because the screenshots from December are just too old .
Btw , like on this screen here http://bitcoin.powaaa.com/tmp/epochtalk/profile_complete.png , the Bitcoin adress is screwing the charts is that normal/display issue or you just the code little bit and messed up ?

~ Madness
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
|| Web developer ||
March 17, 2015, 12:30:30 PM
How is this worth $1.5 million? It looks worse than SMF by a wide margin.

hmmm , it seem it worth 1.5 million dollars i were not agree with it , but I think now that the new forum
will be a perfect place for almost all the Bitcoiners  , this is the biggest bitcoin community and its
worth even more than the 1.5 million dollars , this will a place who related expert and new bitcoin users ,
Everyone will learn here new things , in the last months , I had zero knowledge about bitcoin , Now
i can explain what is bitcoin , and how it work , to my friends and parents , all thanks to this community  Cheesy .

The NewForum will not also stop at this point, it had more feature and as you saw they made a new board `New Forum software`
just for this community users to vote for what they want , and also moderators will manage the huge contain
faster and will found many other useful features .

Kind Of Respect ,
Bitcoin Boy
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
March 17, 2015, 07:18:48 AM
Who best to submit to. Am guessing yourself?
I'm not part of the devs so not to me but this section is made for this ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/current-requirements-523070 )

We can do do like we do now. Post in Meta and also as Github issue.

No. There will be no more features added after it is released.

Wink Yeah, it'll work like it does now. You'll post in Meta with your request and I might add it (or have it added) if it's a good suggestion. Epochtalk will also exist as a separate software project that other sites can use, so you could probably also post an issue on github or something if your suggestion is relevant to more than just bitcointalk.org.
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
March 17, 2015, 07:10:33 AM

Didn't you read this?

Note that the software is not yet feature-complete (in particular, the Web design is far from done), and the public repository doesn't contain everything already done.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
March 17, 2015, 07:06:29 AM
legendary
Bitcoin enthusiast!
March 17, 2015, 07:06:03 AM
Who best to submit to. Am guessing yourself?
I'm not part of the devs so not to me but this section is made for this ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/current-requirements-523070 )
legendary
#Free market
March 17, 2015, 06:57:34 AM
SO this going to be the new forums? is it likely to change and be implemented into current one and everything like our user details transfer over or is this just going to be fresh and restart of bitcointalk. Or is this just software that will be available for people to use?
This is a new forum engine that everybody will be abble to download / install (like SMF, phpBB, IP.Board etc..).
There is also an "importer" to import the data from an existing SMS 1.x install, it will be used when this forum will switch from SMF to this new engine (epochtalk).

So your datas here will be tranfered to the new database / forum that will replace this one, and if anyone want to run his own forum he will be abble to use epochtalk engine

That sure is going to take some doing if you going from ground up then. Will look forward to the new coming forums. No doubt will have many ideas for features to be installed. Who best to submit to. Am guessing yourself?

You can also open a thread here in the "new forum software" section and tell which feature you want to say, and maybe the Slickage team can add it. I will try to install it on localhost (today , if I have a little bit of time free).
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
March 16, 2015, 08:30:17 PM
SO this going to be the new forums? is it likely to change and be implemented into current one and everything like our user details transfer over or is this just going to be fresh and restart of bitcointalk. Or is this just software that will be available for people to use?
This is a new forum engine that everybody will be abble to download / install (like SMF, phpBB, IP.Board etc..).
There is also an "importer" to import the data from an existing SMS 1.x install, it will be used when this forum will switch from SMF to this new engine (epochtalk).

So your datas here will be tranfered to the new database / forum that will replace this one, and if anyone want to run his own forum he will be abble to use epochtalk engine

That sure is going to take some doing if you going from ground up then. Will look forward to the new coming forums. No doubt will have many ideas for features to be installed. Who best to submit to. Am guessing yourself?
legendary
Bitcoin enthusiast!
March 16, 2015, 08:26:35 PM

Pages:
Jump to: