Pages:
Author

Topic: [Script] Imgur to TalkImg - automatically fix your broken images - page 7. (Read 2052 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
Thanks for this work around.  How do I set a specific folder for these legacy images?
Activity: 1428
Merit: 931
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
Hey TryNinja, first of all, thanks for putting in the effort to create this script. However, I don't think I'll be using it. No offense, but I'm not very experienced with coding or using developer tools in the browser, and I'm not comfortable with the idea of a script altering my posts. It's not that I don't trust you, but I don't trust myself to not mess up something.  Wink

Can we make the process less automatic for members who prefer to manually edit their old posts? I had an idea that you or LoyceV might be able to assist with. For instance, adding a search function for posts with images or Imgur links to ninjastic.space would make it easier for members to manually locate and edit their old posts without relying on an automated script. This could be an additional parameter in the search settings that only displays posts with images. Do you think this would be possible?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
I tried it too, first and second time on Chrome, later on Microsoft Edge. I saw finished too and I checked my topic pages history, the images are still not showing.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Crypto Swap Exchange
i have now started the script and run it completely Smiley
but when i visit this thread of mine the images still don't show up and the imgur error message is displayed...
the script should replace these imgur links with the new TalkImg links, or did i misunderstand something here Huh

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
[EDIT] TalkImg's upload system maintenance is over.

Imgur to TalkImg - automatically fix your broken images

"Single Topic" version

Get the code here: https://gist.github.com/ninjastic/59bde80306c32153a5775b9a570b16b7

Run it on any topic and all images posted by you will be updated.

IMPORTANT: only images that are shown on the screen! This means that if you are on page 1, the script won't update the images on page 2. You can use the ;all page on the forum to make all posts show up all at once (probably won't work properly if the topic is huge?).

Other notes:

- This will upload and edit all imgur.com links found on your post history (even those inside quotes you made of other people).
- Posts on locked topics can't be edited, so the recently uploaded images for them will be deleted (to save space on the talkimg server).
- TalkImg max size limit is 2 MB, so some images may fail.

If you have broken bbcode resulted from an old version of the script, run this fix: https://gist.github.com/ninjastic/d560848568339e5a2d7a25ddffb578d5
Pages:
Jump to: