Pages:
Author

Topic: Scrypt (Litecoin) ASIC Prototype - page 4. (Read 23333 times)

Activity: 470
Merit: 250
June 11, 2013, 08:51:49 AM
Cool story bro. Come back when you have something to show.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
June 11, 2013, 08:35:33 AM
Ok, I see this is not going to work the way we hoped.
I'm sorry not to be a native english speaker and I'm also sorry to have asked you for any financial support.
We are going through a rought time right now and neither do we have the time nor any motivation to fight all your claims this would be a scam.
We are no professional company and never intended to become one. We just wanted to inform you about what we are doing and hoped to get some kind of croud funding to make ASICs happen faster in your own interest.
We never had any visions of making the great money with this but we attemted contributing to stabilize the Litecoin network and maybe initiate the same effect we saw at Bitcoin at the beginning of this year.

Now we could start endless discussions about scam or no scam us telling you in more detail about our work and you finding loopholes in our posts to "proof" us wrong.
This is not going to happen because we have way more serious problems to face than convincing some bored and paranoiac guys tending to complain about anything.
There is no need to trust us and no need to help us but also no need to make fun of us.

We are not going to tell you about the hardware we are using. Knowing the parts even a one handey monkey could assemble an device that hashes faster than a 7990 GPU.
I could give you a blurry picture of our device that you would think is just a ugly old graphics card or a screenshot of the devide mining on a pool that could also be some standard devices mining on one worker or a screenshot of my own mining software showing you a hashrate you wouldn't believe anyway.
There is no point doing so but only giving away the knowledge what we gained.

We don't intend to ask for any help in engeneering because we wouldn't trust you anyway. The only thing that would help us would be money and I understood that nobody will spend even a cent to support something that is not promissed and proofed to pay out
Take the risk or just forget about us.

We will continue our work and keep mining until we break even with out costs an losses accured.
Maybe we will consider Luckybites advice and start selling shares, maybe we will sell our design to some company for large scale production or maybe there will be some chinese ASICs for sale soon because not only our money but also our knowlegde may have been stolen.

Don't be scared, we will not rush for any 51% attacks or concentrate too much hashpower on our side to endanger the trustability of the network.
If you want to be supportive and do have any questions despite of "what hardware are you using?", "could you send any photos/videos?" or "is this scam?" please feel free to write an email, this is my adress for this purpose: [email protected]
We are thinking about opening a FAQ thred but that depends on your questions. I hope you won't abuse my mail adress to spam it with insults.
My (unpaid) vacation is over now so don't expect me to answer your mails within a minute.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 10, 2013, 04:27:34 PM
I will gladly pay you TOOSDAY for a HAMBURGER TODAY!

Your age is showing.... The again, so is mine.  Smiley

I'm only 22, love me some old Popeye

Activity: 389
June 10, 2013, 04:25:04 PM

Your age is showing.... The again, so is mine.  Smiley
Activity: 873
Merit: 1035
Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member
June 10, 2013, 04:20:13 PM
2. The amount of your donation will pay off when we start shipping. Every coin donated will be counted twice in your orders.

Seriously, how altruistic do you think this community is? Here's my coins, you've typed so well I'm overwhelmed with trust. You sound like the kind of guy I want dating my daughter.

And even if I was considering handing over coins or money, for this risky proposition, I'd want nothing less than a stake in the company, not a discount.

Oh yeah, maybe some proof would help ..... a little.

Activity: 280
June 10, 2013, 03:13:29 PM
What are the specs for your chips? Process node, die size, package, foundry, memory type/speed/amount?

You left all the necessary information out just like a scammer would do, please fix that!
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
June 10, 2013, 03:09:12 PM
His grammar is last thing I give a flying one about.
Activity: 708
Merit: 500
June 10, 2013, 02:46:13 PM
unable to spell debt lol
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 10, 2013, 02:08:54 PM
i've sent you 500BTC... will i be the first in line? Smiley)

It got stolen by the German Exchange student who said he was installing minecraft on their computers.
Activity: 714
June 10, 2013, 01:32:18 PM

You need to provide something real right now or please just stop it. There are quite enough scammer/wannabes on these boards.

ditto.  youtube video would be nice of the prototype.
June 10, 2013, 01:31:00 PM
i've sent you 500BTC... will i be the first in line? Smiley)
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
June 10, 2013, 01:14:53 PM
Well, I didn't expect that kind of shit storm but I can understand your mistrust.
Only three people successfully working on an ASIC doesn't sound very authentic especially considering the costs you have in mind but I think this widely overestimated. I was suprised too that this worked out that well in only one year, but I really don't know what went wrong at BFL and friends. We largely used existing hardware and just assembled it in the right way. Some parts we had to design our selves of cause but this was and still is not a million dollar effort.
And we are talking about "ASIC proof" scrypt algortihm here. In my oppinion the memory related design made it even more easy to build an ASIC because you don't need a extreamly high specialized computing section but the right memory and this is what we've been working on.

Maybe this is not a ASIC in the sence that we placed every single transistor on our own but we assembled something that is definitely specialized on scrypt mining with useable success, so this can't be called a FGPA either.

I agree all this looks quite unorgnized at the moment. And you are right that we didn't prepare a bullet proof launch of all this but please give us some time to provide enough information before labelling us as scammers.
Nobody forces you to donate right away if you have doubts. Just wait before complaining about somethin you have no conception of yet.

My bullshit detector is on fire

You are clueless about both mining hardware and business. So you "launch" half cocked with zero actual information or proof claiming a Scrypt ASIC, and then claim it isn't really an ASIC, nor an FPGA (Huh??). And you then have the balls to ask the community for funding on some flimsy premise? You have no website or social connections, and no credibility whatsoever behind you.

You need to provide something real right now or please just stop it. There are quite enough scammer/wannabes on these boards.

June 10, 2013, 12:58:03 PM
Maybe this is not a ASIC in the sence that we placed every single transistor on our own but we assembled something that is definitely specialized on scrypt mining with useable success, so this can't be called a FGPA either.

Activity: 389
June 10, 2013, 12:56:50 PM

Excellent....  Let's see it.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1257
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
June 10, 2013, 12:54:02 PM
Well, I didn't expect that kind of shit storm but I can understand your mistrust.
Only three people successfully working on an ASIC doesn't sound very authentic especially considering the costs you have in mind but I think this widely overestimated. I was suprised too that this worked out that well in only one year, but I really don't know what went wrong at BFL and friends. We largely used existing hardware and just assembled it in the right way. Some parts we had to design our selves of cause but this was and still is not a million dollar effort.
And we are talking about "ASIC proof" scrypt algortihm here. In my oppinion the memory related design made it even more easy to build an ASIC because you don't need a extreamly high specialized computing section but the right memory and this is what we've been working on.

I agree all this looks quite unorgnized at the moment. And you are right that we didn't prepare a bullet proof launch of all this but please give us some time to provide enough information before labelling us as scammers.
Nobody forces you to donate right away if you have doubts. Just wait before complaining about somethin you have no conception of yet.

Again:
You do have a working prototype, could you please post a video of it working?
June 10, 2013, 12:37:50 PM

what type of memory are you using QDR++ SRAM or on-die?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
June 10, 2013, 12:32:14 PM

Activity: 686
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
June 10, 2013, 11:44:45 AM
Another scammer just posted a thread and locked it requesting donations, and promising to double the value of those donations and apply as a discount when their ASIC is shipped.

The thread is locked and self-moderated so no one can post warnings to idiots trying to throw away their $ or BTC in that thread.

It's an obvious scam, but not sure if John wants to take the step of deleting the thread yet.  Maybe he should just post a warning in that thread himself.  

Edit: Looks like its unlocked for now.  We'll see if posts warning of the scam start to disappear due to self-moderation.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
June 10, 2013, 11:42:30 AM
Sure OP.  Post your address.  I'll send you a couple trillion Zimbabwe Dollars. 

They're as imaginary as your ASIC. 

Here's a tip for next time you try to scam people OP:  Atleast take the time to photoshop a fake ASIC.  Or make a youtube video of a bunch of chips supposedly hashing something.

You might get some people to fall for it. 

Or better yet, just rename yourself Butterfly Labs and claim you'll start shipping in 2 weeks. 

ha ha ha ha ha ha BFl update we will start shipping yesterday
Activity: 686
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
June 10, 2013, 11:37:04 AM
Sure OP.  Post your address.  I'll send you a couple trillion Zimbabwe Dollars. 

They're as imaginary as your ASIC. 

Here's a tip for next time you try to scam people OP:  Atleast take the time to photoshop a fake ASIC.  Or make a youtube video of a bunch of chips supposedly hashing something.

You might get some people to fall for it. 

Or better yet, just rename yourself Butterfly Labs and claim you'll start shipping in 2 weeks. 

Pages:
Jump to: