Pages:
Author

Topic: Scrypt.cc possibly collapsed and stolen my .012 btc - page 2. (Read 3470 times)

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I also think that it is a scam. At their status page, it used to show the coins they are mining, but they never reveal what coin it is (they just use 'Coin (16)', 'Coin (1)' etc.).
However today it even shows 'Error Establishing a Connection; Server Offline'. Maybe the scammers started to run out of power and they wanted to cashout soon. Luckily I've withdrew all funds there a month ago. I recommend everyone to withdraw there, too.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
bump. (sorry, can i do this?)
I think you can't..

and now web is going normal again
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005
beware of your keys.
bump. (sorry, can i do this?)
Activity: 420
i personally think that "whois" is not completely as accurate as you think. sometimes whois fooled you.

True. There are guaranteed ways to fake it. But the danger you have everywhere.

Can say so much in any case: The admin is regularly chatting. Is always very friendly and funny. And he constantly building in new functionality.

So at the moment it absolutly don't feel like a Scam. And the withdraws still working instant.
Of course, you can never be too careful. So I let there not unlimited money on the server.
legendary
beware of your keys.
and btw, "Anonymous Operator".
you ever heard of 'whois'?
get your facts straight, buddy.

i personally think that "whois" is not completely as accurate as you think. sometimes whois fooled you.
and btw, "Anonymous Operator".
you ever heard of 'whois'?
get your facts straight, buddy.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The site isn't collapsed, it was a simple CSS error
Frontpage working fine for me. Admin is working on the Site. Adding some Options (automatic reinvest and chat for different languages),
maybe that is the problem.

but yea, sell your shares. no problem with that Smiley
if you still have access to scrypt.cc and you can withdraw, do it as soon as possible.

here is the ref link to the main topic of the site : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scryptcc-scrypt-cloud-mining-444495

reason:

when i was looking for the site, it became :

also, it is a ponzi, as great referral program, anonymous operator, no such picture proof, no provable physical offices, guest are not accessible to their forum.

as a result, scrypt.cc is a scam, i predicted it before.

I'm pretty sure there is no legitimate cloud mining company. Hash profit, pbmining etc. all collapsed.

We have better ways to invest our money anyways.

bitmain and cryptX is the legit company anyway.

They sell miners, they're not cloud mining companies.

You can't compare the two.
legendary
beware of your keys.
if you still have access to scrypt.cc and you can withdraw, do it as soon as possible.

here is the ref link to the main topic of the site : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scryptcc-scrypt-cloud-mining-444495

reason:

also, it is a ponzi, as great referral program, anonymous operator, no such picture proof, no provable physical offices, guest are not accessible to their forum.

I'm pretty sure there is no legitimate cloud mining company. Hash profit, pbmining etc. all collapsed.

bitmain and cryptX is the legit company anyway.

reason:

legendary
beware of your keys.

reason:

also, it is a ponzi, as great referral program, anonymous operator, no such picture evidence, no provable physical offices, guest are not accessible to their forum. additional information: payouts are supposed to be in each block, not fixed period. selling 850Gh/s but no ability to find where is it.
update : scrypt.cc refused to provide the evidence of mining.
the site didn't even credit my coins.
proof of payment: https://blockchain.info/tx/852223803240ac52440279a7a1dd3af5b645c90c829aa522a0c75ffec164e922
what is my screen after confirmation:

one more thing :
June 22, 2015 - Around 24 hours ago, I (Marcelo Santos AKA Admin) was finishing our server upgrade, We've been doing the switch step by step for the past two weeks. The last part was the accounts database and the trade engine. I put a notice up here around the time I was finishing the switch, users that were online at the time probably noticed. After I completed, I ran a upgrade on the new server and left on a personal trip with my family in which I was unreachable until now.

Around 14 hours ago our database was breached, the hacker credited himself BTC and KHS and withdrew BTC until our withdraw wallet was empty. He then proceeded to make suspicious orders in the market in which the market automatically turned itself off. This sent a alert to myself and other support staff, one of them seeing what was happening but not being able to do much as he does not have back-end access, he enabled our "Panic" mode in which put the whole site on lock down. But the hackers still managed to gain access and steal the coins from the hot wallet and the backup withdraw wallet.

Bad news: We had a large amount of BTC stolen, most of which were ours.
Good news: Our server runs hourly database backups and a backup was made minutes before their first attack and right before the lock down. So all user information is safe.

The site will stay online while we investigate further and plan out our next steps.
Balances will show 0 for the time being as we work on the database.

According to the blockchain some users are still depositing into their accounts, DO NOT MAKE ANY MORE DEPOSITS since the hackers still have access to the hotwallets.

Please have patience and I'll keep everyone updated as we execute our next steps.
Pages:
Jump to: